It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tea Party Republicans Are Responsible For The Ratings Downgrade

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Not to mention the use of Baseline Budgeting as a true calculation of the budget,

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

It's called the straw that broke the camels back!
The tea party republicans in this instance is the straw

Its amazing how I refute your bloated posts with a few words of wisdom!

Especially when you make it up as you go along and therefore do not have to bother digging out any facts to support what you are saying.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Originally posted by eNumbra
. . .

- sarah palin gets a woody for the tea party, Glenn beck gets a woody for Sarah Palin and the wonder twins go on the offensive.

. . .

Good, I am not the only one who felt very uncomfortable with the way Beck looked at, talked to, and talked about Palin. And that was when I was a fan of his.

Admitting is always the first step down the 12 step program.

Congrats on being Beck Free!

*Hands you your token*
edit on 6-8-2011 by TimesEnd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by beezzer

reply to post by eNumbra

No, you got it all wrong.
The Tea Party was designed by the Koch Brothers, Bush, Cheney and Haliburton while they drank virgins blood out of the skulls of freshly killed illeg.....er I mean undocumented workers.. All the time sitting on a huge pile of money like Uncle Scrooge had.

For giving out this info, you are now dis-invited to the annual "Spank Tiny Kittens Using Spatulas With John Stossel" event.

Oh man!!!
I hate cats too.

Damn it.

Oh well.

You going to the freemason/Tea Party/skull and bones party tonight??

I hear Rummsfield is doing his impressions tonight, and they have karaoke.

I'm carpooling with Karl Rove. He's my designated driver.
Being soul-destroying evil masterminds is just so much fun!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

reply to post by eNumbra

No, you got it all wrong.
The Tea Party was designed by the Koch Brothers, Bush, Cheney and Haliburton while they drank virgins blood out of the skulls of freshly killed illeg.....er I mean undocumented workers.. All the time sitting on a huge pile of money like Uncle Scrooge had.

For giving out this info, you are now dis-invited to the annual "Spank Tiny Kittens Using Spatulas With John Stossel" event.

Oh man!!!
I hate cats too.

Damn it.

Oh well.

You going to the freemason/Tea Party/skull and bones party tonight??

I hear Rummsfield is doing his impressions tonight, and they have karaoke.

Yeah!

It should be a great party.

I hear all the Koch brothers are getting together and doing a Marx' Brothers routine.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Never mind, I was going to ask you to cite where they mention the Tea Party, but you cannot obviously comprehend what you are reading. The quote that you highlighted proves my point. Thanks for making discrediting your claim so easy.

edit on 8/6/2011 by SpaDe_ because: .....

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Looking at this from the outside aren't you all blaming the monkeys and not getting at the real culprit the organ-grinder?

The # hits the fan here on Monday, if Germany won't help to bail Italy, then it will be interesting to see how us Brits allocate blame when facing even more financial misery.

But I look at my ludicrous politicians, their media maids and those who cream the money from this country and I know all of this is a scam which benefits only the super rich. Its a scam done before and its simple to see. You flood the country with credit then when that country is spending up to your set credit level, you withdraw that credit and their cashflows stop. You then get the pickings of the bankrupt and get to buy companies and that country's assets on the cheap. They are in hock to your banks for generations allthough if you can orchestrate a few wars - and supply both sides with weapons etc, its a huge extra bonus for the coffers and lengthens the generations you can feed off..

He's laughing because all the time the people focus on his little monkeys, who he doesn't give a damn about, because he bought them cheap for the services he got from them, no one is looking at him - he who controls the the money and of course the gold controls the world. (As the cartoon on another thread depicts).

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Erm, technically, according to S&P themselves, the reason it was downgraded was due to there not being tighter controls, deeper cuts and a better way of execution for the cuts already "planned"

In short.. Democrats and Neocons were responsible for the downgrade.

And I don't blame them .. the bill that was passed was utter BS. The Tea Party and the far-left wing fringe had nothing to do with the disaster that has taken place .. both extremes, while extreme, had far better methods to control debt. Be it through tax increases or spending cuts. This bill doesn't do a damn thing about anything aside from screwing certain people over and jacking up the economy.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynda101

Looking at this from the outside aren't you all blaming the monkeys and not getting at the real culprit the organ-grinder? ....

Aren't you guys closest to the "City of London" Can't you do something.... Oh I forget that is why they made sure the Brits are all disarmed.

And you thought it was to keep the peace...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
[color=lightblue]

Divide and Conquer

Well done on continuing the process of dividing the people in order to conquer them. Your aid in this issue has helped ensure the downfall of the system and of civilisation as we know it.

Keep up the good work people, the planet will be crushed under the heels of the elite in no time!!!
edit on 6/8/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

That's an interesting view. Especially considering that the Democrat-controlled Senate could've just kept killing any bills they didn't like...but didn't.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
everybody and anybody is to blame
even bush, as long as the crybaby is not
so now it's the tea party republicans, umm hummm,
yeah Riiight and Okaaay ....

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
LOL, ignorant to the last. Ok its all the Tea Party's fault. LOL

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Actually, We The People are responsible for keeping these life long corrupt politicians in power, but at least the Tea Party is trying to get new blood in there.

But regardless, no matter how you try to size it up, it happened under Obama's watch. The buck stops somewhere.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Two government officials tell ABC News the Official reasons given, one official says, will be the political confusion surrounding the process of raising the debt ceiling, and lack of confidence that the political system will be able to agree to more deficit reduction.

A source says Republicans saying that they refuse to accept any tax increases as part of a larger deal will be part of the reason cited.

Lets end the division and stand united.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Im sorry for the obviously non productive response to the OP but...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah! current political reactionaries responsible for a hundred year old illegitimate and fraudulent 'debt'??!! SERIOUSLY? There are people who actually believe this nonsense still?!! hahahahahahah! excuse me while I choke on my own hysterical vomit!!

SERIOUSLY? A CENTURY multigenerational of welfare and warfare, fueled by the ambitions of a small group of bankster pirates has NOTHING to do with it in the OPs mind?

hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahaah! *deep breath* hahahhahahahahahahhahahahaha! This is a JOKE right?!

*wipes tears of laughter and horror from my eyes* I know this is a TaC violation but COME ON!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
if they are responsible good on them.

this situation needs to be sorted and the good news is, it will be sorted

the bad news is, it will be painful.

I do not believe they are responsible, just for the record

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
OP, did you ever consider looking at the reason S&P EXPLICITLY stated the downgrade was based upon, instead of reading something into a vague statement, grabbing the wrong end of a stick and then proceeding to beat a dead horse around the bush with it?!?!

S&P cut the long-term U.S. credit rating by one notch to AA-plus on concerns about the government's budget deficits and rising debt burden. The move is likely to raise borrowing costs eventually for the American government, companies and consumers. "The downgrade reflects our opinion that the fiscal consolidation plan that Congress and the Administration recently agreed to falls short of what, in our view, would be necessary to stabilize the government's medium-term debt dynamics," S&P said in a statement. The decision follows a bitter political battle in Congress over cutting spending and raising taxes to reduce the government's debt burden and allow its statutory borrowing limit to be raised. On August 2 President Barack Obama signed legislation designed to reduce the fiscal deficit by $2.1 trillion (1.28 trillion pounds) over 10 years. But that was well short of the $4 trillion in savings S&P had called for as a good "down payment" on fixing America's finances.

Source

I just don't have anything else to say. If that isn't clear enough...I can't imagine what would be.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
Yes keep pointing fingers and pretending the Tea Party is the bogey man. The fact of the matter is that both Democrats and the Republicans are at fault for the downgrade. No single group is responsible for this. They were warned about where the cuts had to be at, and the compromise fell short, so we were downgraded. Either party could have walked away and waited for a better deal to come down the pipe, but instead they danced hand in hand right on the backs of the American people once again!

edit on 8/6/2011 by SpaDe_ because: ....things

if the tea party didn't act like insane people because they wanted to make a point and/or bring Obama down, and waited another year until the economy was more stable to enact cuts, then we wouldn't be in this mess and we would be much better off.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by beansanmash

How can a party that has no majority in either house weild so much power?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join