It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Parties On... in spite of it all

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReluctantBlossom
I don't know why you guys hate Obama so much...He continued the horrible policies enacted by GW Bush, added a few more and has given in to the demands of the right on almost EVERY occasion...What more do you want from him? He talks like a Democrat and acts like a Republican...You should love him!

GWB shot the holes in this boat and we've been bailing ever since. It is the failure of BOTH parties that have led to this problem and if you can't see that then you are blind and senseless.

While I agree in part, Obama has just compounded the problem 100 fold.

Think GW with a pistol in the boat.
Obama has dynamite, lead weights and a grin.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Is this really still surprising to people that our president doesnt even pretend to care about the country anymore?
Presidents of the past at least acted like they cared, while screwing us behind the scenes. The government doesnt even try to hide it anymore.

Wheres the outrage? I guess the great majority of americans are too drugged up to really care or do anything about it. Of course the floridating of the water supply isnt helping the situation any. I have truly lost all hope for this country saving itself. We are going down and there is no way we are voting our way out of it.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashes of the wake
Is this really still surprising to people that our president doesnt even pretend to care about the country anymore?
Presidents of the past at least acted like they cared, while screwing us behind the scenes. The government doesnt even try to hide it anymore.

Wheres the outrage? I guess the great majority of americans are too drugged up to really care or do anything about it. Of course the floridating of the water supply isnt helping the situation any. I have truly lost all hope for this country saving itself. We are going down and there is no way we are voting our way out of it.

Bulls eye!! Your 100% right, if President Bush were still in office would the press let him get away with all the parties? Golf outtings? No, they'd be putting him through the grinder. Though I do disagree with the pretending to care about the country anymore part, I've never seen him show any love for this country, ever.
I guess the standards are set a little different for Americas new king. Yes, President Bush put us in the ditch, but obama got us out of the ditch and deep into a swamp in fender deep mud and we're sinking fast. And his answer to fixing this mess? Party. Blame. Party. Blame, blame, Joke that his shovel ready jobs weren't shovel ready, golf, party.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DavidsHope
The Bama man has a job to do. He is not doing it well. Neither did Bush.

Neither did Clinton.
Neither did Bush.
Neither did Reagan.
Neither did Carter.
Neither did Ford.
Neither did Nixon.
Neither did Johnson.
We don't know how Kennedy would have done, realistically.

That pretty much covers my lifetime (did I forget anybody?), and things have been moving in the same direction the whole time.
More laws, more lawyers, worse economy, and a little less freedom for all.

Oh, and don't forget all the fine congresspeople. They're the ones who actually implement all the quality policies that got us to where we're at.

My point being, there's plenty of blame to go around. Heaping it all on the current figurehead is, while perhaps a normal, understandable response, not exactly realistic. Not to say he doesn't share in the blame, but to say "It's all Obama's fault" is kinda disingenuous.

That being said, I agree that while the country continues to spiral downward (or "circle the bowl", if you prefer), it's bad form for the President to be throwing a lavish, expensive party for any reason, let alone his birthday.

I'll bet the cost of the party would cover more than a few social security checks. I'd rather see it go there.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Well obama was supposed to "pull us out of the mess that he was left by bush" and help the poor and middle class americans. That is what he campaigned on and was why he "won" the election. He also said that there would be no more lobbying or special interests under his watch. He would finish the war and afghanistan and bring the troops home. The whole thing is total bs.

He did what any person running for office does. Tells the masses what they want to hear and once elected, carries on the agenda of the real owners of the country, the richest .5%. He passed more bailouts, started 3 more wars and lobbying not only continued but got worse. I dont believe anything that any politician has to say except ron paul, and i even have trouble believing him sometimes.

The corruption is too deep in our current system for even the president to change our course. The next POTUS will be no different. He/she will either conform to the agenda of the elite, or be forcibly removed from office (assasination). This is the sad reality of our country nowadays unfortunately. Our government has been hijacked by psychopathic super rich a-holes who only care about becoming richer at all costs.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join