It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the deal with perception?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Perceive (v) - Become aware or conscious of (something); come to realize or understand. -google

Is it perception that makes who we think we are? Is it by perception we identify and breathe life into concepts such as fear because we forgot who we really are? Lately I have been wondering if forgetfulness falls upon someone, whether they can really help it. If someone forgot who they were(conscious, love) do you think it was a conscious decision to forget and look into the world for love?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

Yes it is all down to perception. The way we percieve the world comes down to the the way we percieve ourselves. If we can understand that we can learn to percieve ourselves differently. Unless we change how we feel about ourselves our perception of the world and ourselves will not change.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Perception is subjective. It is never objective.
As a verb - it is all about doing or that which has been done. A verb is about movement. Perception changes as to your experience. Mutable?

It is not unchanging. Perception - your world view - is always drawn from your experience - and that is ever growing, ever changing. So therefore perception is always on the move.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Perception is everything. It is what forms a human being in the physical world. But perception is flawed.

Reality is the truth. Reality is unflawed. A person who has evolved spiritually and emotionally will have a closer perception of reality than those who are not evolved.

Reality scares people also but it is what sets us free. Give me the truth and reality anyday.

Our perception lies to us every second of existence, that is because we only have a narrow, single point of view, look at the world.

Never let perception lie to you and let it think that is is reality. You have to learn to filter out the perception, and you will see reality a whole lot clearer.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
More and more people are becoming aware to their reality, however I still see many that live in their old perception, their old paradigm. They just don't want to give it up. They don't want to see the changes.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Friend:

There is a conflict of the group perspective (old TPTB, see the DSM) and the individual (new, your gnosis and mine).

This can be expanded to what TPTB have forced down humanity for centuries, or the Ascension that is occurring NOW! TPTB have created a truly amazing "system" to buy into.

Thank you for questioning!

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
To those who state with certainty that perception is ultimately subjective and thus all things are open to interpretation and have no objective, independent existence from our experience of them - does your post fall into this category?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo_Serf

Yep, please respect it as I will yours and others. If I present a negative attitude at any time, anywhere, please respectively call me on it!

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChungTsuU

Yep, please respect it as I will yours and others. If I present a negative attitude at any time, anywhere, please respectively call me on it!

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

Hmmm Im not quite certain about your response, and perhaps Im a little slow so maybe you could clarify. What I was asking is if you (or anyone else) believes the nature of reality to be totally subjective, and if you (or they) do believe this, I wondered if the post you wrote in response was also subject to this universal rule of subjectivity?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo_Serf

Originally posted by ChungTsuU

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

Hmmm Im not quite certain about your response, and perhaps Im a little slow so maybe you could clarify. What I was asking is if you (or anyone else) believes the nature of reality to be totally subjective, and if you (or they) do believe this, I wondered if the post you wrote in response was also subject to this universal rule of subjectivity?

Reality is concrete and singular. It is the truth. If someone writes their opinion, it was become a reality that they wrote it. It is still their perspective and maybe flawed. The message may be tainted, but the fact that have communicated the message is reality.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Jdawg9909

Wow, a clear thinker who understands the difference between objective, material reality, and our subjective experience of it! *bow*

Rarity these days, it would seem.

Anyone else?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Basically perception is just yours, unique personal little area of a reality, which you share a lot or a little with billions of other people.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

It is really just common sense. Maybe whats rare now a days.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
Basically perception is just yours, unique personal little area of a reality, which you share a lot or a little with billions of other people.

So there is such a thing as 'reality' that exists independent of our perception of it? Or is it all perception?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jdawg9909

It is really just common sense. Maybe whats rare now a days.

Id love that sense to be common bro.~

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

reply to post by Jdawg9909

Wow, a clear thinker who understands the difference between objective, material reality, and our subjective experience of it! *bow*

Rarity these days, it would seem.

Anyone else?

Friend:

Yes... and you have shown disrespect already, please remove the EGO. Otherwise you would understand the "group" vs "individual"...you went outside of our correspondence to find validation for what you already understood.

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung
edit on 7-8-2011 by ChungTsuU because: grammar

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Extremely good topic, and one that I so wish the sheep of this world would discover. To Thyne Own Heart be True... beginning with that, one ends with merely releasing your ability to become and do what your hearts desire is, no matter what it is., but only if held within conviction and followed through upon, not merely perceiving and hoping...

Our perception does not change reality, but it does indeed enhance it, negative or positive, it will affect change, or lack therein based upon our ability to perceive it all. I can take a rough piece of land and turn it into a lush farm, or I can let it sit and do nothing, or I can make it the center of the worst place you will ever want to be at, same piece of land anywhere on the globe, or in the universe for that matter, and it's all based upon my perception and ability to follow through upon it.

I can also take the same concept into something grand, like having all of the material needs taken care of, and since the spiritual or emotional are not addressed, it will be a total nightmare...something from the outside perception would consider a dream...

What I have to say to every single reader of this post is this. You are the only one that limits You from doing anything, make your mark, and make it in a manner that affects change for not just your good, but for those around you, especially those that need help the most, and you have given your perception and being purpose for being here. All people I have every met in my entire life have the ability to do a tremendous amount of things, very good things and doing so on a global scale, it's only their "perceptions" that limit them from doing so....

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Friend: Yes... and you have shown disrespect already, please remove the EGO.

Respect is earned, not given, like love. Im not sure how ive 'disrespected' you, but I only respect truth, honor, integrity and courage.

I am not able to remove my ego, if we agree that my ego is my conscious mind and my accumulated conscious experiences. Why would I want to remove myself?

Otherwise you would understand the "group" vs "individual"...you went outside of our correspondence to find validation for what you already understood.

Respectfully, this is just so vague that Im not sure how to respond. Could you rephrase your criticism of my post in a way my ego could understand?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Friend: Yes... and you have shown disrespect already, please remove the EGO.

Respect is earned, not given, like love. Im not sure how ive 'disrespected' you, but I only respect truth, honor, integrity and courage.

I am not able to remove my ego, if we agree that my ego is my conscious mind and my accumulated conscious experiences. Why would I want to remove myself?

Otherwise you would understand the "group" vs "individual"...you went outside of our correspondence to find validation for what you already understood.

Respectfully, this is just so vague that Im not sure how to respond. Could you rephrase your criticism of my post in a way my ego could understand?

Respect should be given no matter what.

LOVE is UNCONDITIONAL!

EGO... Friend, this is from my HEART! Enjoy your life, each and every moment, as I hope ALL others do. Question, are you forcing things on others well allowing respect for their "Free Will" to be expressed?

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung
edit on 7-8-2011 by ChungTsuU because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2011 by ChungTsuU because: comma / grammar

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Respect should be given no matter what.

So I should respect a pedophile?

LOVE is UNCONDITIONAL!

No. Love is an involuntary emotional response to virtue, if oneself is virtuous.

Should I love a pedophile? How about Hitler, should I love him?

EGO... Friend, this is from my HEART! Enjoy your life, each and every moment, as I hope ALL others do. Question, are you forcing things on others well allowing respect for their "Free Will" to be expressed?

I force nothing on no one. If I murder someone and thus permanently deny them free will, do I still deserve your love and respect?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join