It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zodiac: The Gospel in the stars.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Here's an interesting theory I stumbled upon; it says that the Zodiac is actually the story of the gospel written in the stars for the whole world to see, if we only know how to interpret it properly.

The Zodiac - The Bible in the stars

Not many folks have heard about the Bible in the stars. This is definitely NOT astrology. Astrology can't even put three signs together to make a story, whereas, the 48 constellations that make up the true Zodiac all go together to tell the story of Jesus, the Redeemer. The story includes His birth and life prophesy(the first four major Signs; 16 constellations), His dealings with His elect people(the second four major Signs), and His coming in triumph over Satan( the last four major Signs).

You'll notice that the Biblical Zodiac doesn't start with Aries. While the spring equinox, with it's rebirth symbolism seems a logical place to start, the first "page" of the book is obscured by that starting point. If we are to see the whole story of Jesus, then we must start with the Virgin(Virgo) birth, of the Desired(Coma), two-natured(Centaurus) one, who will thrust in His sickle (Bootes), and rule.
If the constellations are viewed in any other order than Virgo to Leo, the whole story goes out of synch. This is the order that best tells the story, and parallels the Bible.
And let me add here that this story is told at three different levels. The names of the major Signs only begin to tell the story. The three minor constellations for each sign fill in more detail. But, not only the constellation names tell this story. I looked up ALL the stars I could find names for, and even they enhance the constellation names, filling out the story in even more detail. That's the way you'd have done it if you were God, wouldn't you?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b44f1e6f4aa0.jpg[/atsimg]

BOOK ONE: THE REDEEMER

BOOK ONE : VIRGO The Prophecy of the Promised Seed of the Woman
The Promised Seed of the woman, the Desired of all nations, a two-natured being, who will come to harvest.

BOOK ONE : LIBRA The Redeemer's Atoning Work
The price deficient balanced by the price which covers. The Cross endured by the Victicm slain, who receives the Crown.

BOOK ONE : SCORPIO The Redeemer's Conflict
The Scorpion seeking to wound, but itself trodden under foot. The Serpent and the Man struggling. The Mighty Man kneeling on one knee, humbled in the conflict, but holding aloft the tokens of victory, with his foot on the head of the Dragon.

BOOK ONE : SAGITTARIUS The Redeemer's Triumph
The two-natured Conqueror going forth; Praise prepared for the Conqueror and the consuming fire prepared for His enemy the Ol serpent--the Devil.

BOOK TWO : THE REDEEMER'S PEOPLE

BOOK TWO : CAPARISONS Their Blessings Procured
The goat of Atonement for the Redeemed slain by the arrow of God. the smitten One falling, and Rising again.

BOOK TWO : AQUARIUSTheir Blessings Ensured
The living waters of blessing poured forth for the Redeemed who Drink in the Blessing. Bringing speedily the Good News of the returning Redeemer.

BOOK TWO : PISCES Their Blessings in Abeyance
The Redeemed blessed though bound. (The two Houses of Israel and Judah) by a Band to their great enemy. The redeemed in bondage waiting for their Redeemer coming to rule.

BOOK TWO : ARIES Their Blessings Consummated and Enjoyed
The Lamb that was slain. The captive to be delivered and prepared for her for her Husband, who is bound to Cetus, the sea monster, who will be Broken by the Deliverer.

BOOK THREE : THE CONFLICT WITH SATAN

BOOK THREE : TAURUS Messiah, the Coming Judge of All the Earth
Messiah coming to rule in the person of the redeemer. whose Wrath is breaking forth on His enemies, while He shepherd's his Redeemed in safety.

BOOK THREE : GEMINI Messiah's Reign as Prince of Peace
The twofold nature of the King who treads His enemy under foot. The coming glorious Prince of Prices, the exalted Redeemer.

BOOK THREE : CANCER Messiah's Redeemed Possessions
The possessions held fast in the Lesser and greater Sheepfolds. The redeemed pilgrims safely journeying home.

BOOK THREE : LEO Messiah's consummated Triumph
The Lion of the Tribe of Judah aroused for the rending of the Enemy, the old Serpent. the cup of Divine wrath poured out, while birds of prey devour him.

ASIS

The site also goes on to describe how the Lunar Zodiac also tells the story of the the gospel.

So where does this knowledge of the Christian Zodiac come from? According to the author of the book The Gospel in the Stars, this knowledge comes from Adam, the first man, who's knowledge of the universe and how to read the stars was perfect before the fall and who continued to carry this knowledge with him after the fall, passing it on to his decedents.

I couldn't end this page without including some background. In Seiss' book, "The Gospel in the Stars," he establishes, through many references, the antiquity of the Zodiac. In fact, he makes it abundantly clear that there can be no mistaking that the Zodiac came from antediluvian times. A science like astronomy doesn't appear full-blown as it seems to have done for the ancient Sumerians about 3000 BC. Then where did the Zodiac originate? With Adam, one smart cookie.

See if all this doesn't make perfect sense. "Adam from the first was in perfect fellowship with the Divine Intelligence, and knew all things that came before him by an intuitive divine insight into their whole nature and intention. He needed no instructors, for the light of God shone clear and unclouded upon his soul. His whole being was in most thorough accord with God and with the mind of God, for he was the complete image of God. His wisdom and knowledge were necessarily higher by far than that of any other mere man that ever lived. Even Peter Bale agrees that it is not contrary to the analogy of faith nor to probability, and very proper to the narrative in Genesis, to believe that Adam came out of the hands of his Creator indued with innate science, and he did not lose it by sin as the bad angels are not less knowing since their fall, and as crimes of learned persons do not deprive them of the knowledge they enjoyed before. He also passes it as determined that the speculative understanding of the first man was endowed with all the philosophical and mathematical knowledge of which human nature is naturally capable.

"Gale gives it as made out from the Mosaic record that Adam without all peradventure was the greatest amongst mere mortals that ever the world possessed, exactly prying into the very natures of things, and there contemplating those glorious ideas and characters of created light and order which the uncreated Light and Divine Wisdom had impressed thereon; and thence he could immediately collect and form the same into a complete system and body of philosophy, as also most methodically branch forth the same into the particular sciences. Hornius argues that 'Adam, being constituted in this theatre of the universe, was ignorant of nothing that pertained to the mystery of Nature.'

"It is also a matter of inspired record that God gave to Adam special revelations. After his fall Jehovah made known to him His purposes concerning the Serpent and it's seed and the woman and her Seed. The whole Gospel revelation and promise was therein included, and was given to him, not for himself alone, but to be made known to all his posterity as the great and only hope of man.

It seems that the Zodiac may not be a pagan method for divining the future and may in fact be God's way of explaining to mankind his plans for their salvation, written in the stars from the beginning of time. Over time, its meaning was lost to Christianity and distorted by pagan religions until it has become the silly section we see in most newspapers, right next to the crosswords.

edit on 8/6/11 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Take a look at this video series...

It may interest you

The accuracy of what some scripture says about the stars is amazing.

Its hard to think its just a coinsidence

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

What 12 stars represent " garland of twelve stars" or " crown of twelve stars " is most interesting question ?

1. Now a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a garland of twelve stars.
2. Then being with child, she cried out in labor and in pain to give birth.
3. And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great, fiery red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and seven diadems on his heads.
4. His tail drew a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was ready to give birth, to devour her Child as soon as it was born.
5. She bore a male Child who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron. And her Child was caught up to God and His throne.
6. Then the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, that they should feed her there one thousand two hundred and sixty days.
7. And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought,
8. but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer.
9. So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10. Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, "Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down.
11. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.
12. Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time."
13. Now when the dragon saw that he had been cast to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male Child.
14. But the woman was given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.
15. So the serpent spewed water out of his mouth like a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away by the flood.
16. But the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up the flood which the dragon had spewed out of his mouth.
17. And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. -Rev.12:1-17 NKJV

edit on 6-8-2011 by jhjhkjkj because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

St. Matthew 2
1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
2 saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.
9 When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was.

Wise men from the east see a star in the east and follow it – which way would they go?

The three belt stars in the constellation of Orion point to the star Sirius and if you follow that line down to the horizon on the winter solstice it points to where the sun will rise

In my part of the world it looks something like this
itbegsthequestion.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Richard Hinckley Allen lists many folk names for the Belt of Orion. The English ones include: Jacob's Rod or Staff; Peter's Staff; the Golden Yard-arm; the L, or Ell; the Ell and Yard; the Yard-stick, and the Yard-wand; the Ellwand; Our Lady's Wand; the Magi; the Three Kings; the Three Marys; or simply the Three Stars.

Sirius is the brightest star in the northern hemisphere
en.wikipedia.org...

and oh yes Jesus is the sun

any questions?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
If that correct we have second Sun ?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhjhkjkj

What 12 stars represent " garland of twelve stars" or " crown of twelve stars " is most interesting question ?

I don't know if that has anything to do with the Zodiac as described in the article. I don't have a copy of the "Gospel in the sky book" yet, so I really can't tell you if its addressed in the book.

I found this interesting article that seems to claim the twelve stars belong to the constellation Virgo.

Rev 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

The astronomer, Professor Thorley, has shown that there are exactly twelve stars surrounding the head of Virgo as we view them from the earth. If one will look at Norton's Star Atlas, twelve visible stars will be seen around Virgo's head. They are, according to astronomical terminology: (1) Pi, (2) Nu, (3) Beta, (4) Sigma, (5) Chi, (6) Iota - these six stars form the southern hemisphere around the head of Virgo. Then there are (7) Theta, (8) Star 60, (9) Delta, (10) Star 93, (11) Beta, (12) Omicron - these last six form the northern hemisphere around the head of Virgo.

Philogos

This seems to make sense as the woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet is most often believed to be a reference to the Blessed Virgin Mary and the article states that Virgo represents Mary in the Biblical translation of the Zodiac.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Nevermind, Im pretty sure I understand which angle you are coming from now. The stars were created that way to reiterate the story in the bible.

When I initially read it, I was reading from the angle that people interpreted the stars, and this interpretation eventually led to the bible. This is going to be one of those 'which came first, the chicken or the egg' discussions though, so I should probably just hang back and not actively engage in conversation, rather just read everyones responses.

edit on 6-8-2011 by IntegratedInstigator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I was sold long ago on the book's thesis, but it was a book by E. Raymond Capt, titled The Glory of the Stars; A Study of the Zodiac. I can't help but wonder how much this new book borrows from Capt's book.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Talk about synchronicity; I was only looking at Rev 12 yesterday and asking God what the 12 stars were around Virgo's head. Now I know, thank you.

Now to share what I have found out; did you know that the stars are a way of telling where and when you are in the Great Tribulation, which by the way we are in now.

Rev 1v16 'In his right hand He held 7 stars'. In April 2008 the Chandra telescope saw the Apollo hand nebula in the Lupus constellation, a right hand holding a crown of stars.
Sept 2008 The 10 year cycle of Jewish Holy days started. Finishes Sept 2018.

The first four seals are easy. Remember these are the start of the Leviticus 6 curses to act as a snare for TPTB to fall into as God is getting to get revenge for the poisons and desolations they visit upon the Earth.

1st seal=Sagittarius has a bow. 18 Dec-21 Jan. 20 Jan 2009 Obama inauguration day= Obama is the rider.
2nd seal=Orion 14 May-21 July 2009. Orion is a giant and therefore has a huge sword. Swine flu and vaccine.
3rd seal=Libra has a pair of scales. 17 Sep-21 Nov 2010. Tribe of Dan is behind the inflated prices. Wheat made into bioethanol leading to a shortfall in wheat couple with the poor harvest in Sep 2010 of wheat starts a global famine.
4th seal=Scorpio is associated with Death 21 Nov-30 Nov 2010.
And a green comet appeared as a portent; green comet 103P/Hartley2 passed closest 20 Oct 2010 across Capella of Auriga constellation (Charioteer).
=The Egyptian riots was captured on camera, (now on Youtube) with a green horse and rider!!! 2 Feb 2011
5th seal=Ara (Altar) 18 Dec-21 Jan 2011. 4th Jan 2011 Solar eclipse today the Spirit of Death was released and many deaths of animals and people have occurred since.

6th seal=Aries (as the verse mentions the Lamb) 3 days of Darkness of the Shiloh eclipse.occurs at Full moon and at Noon in Jerusalem. That's all I have at the moment on that.

As to the Virgo constellation as a pregnant mother, I have read this is the time of the Feast of Trumpets (which is 29th Sept 2011 this year). There is a very interesting conjunction this year of the Sun in Virgo, with Venus and Saturn and Mercury all in Virgo this year, with the Moon beneath her feet. VERY INTERESTING! I had a look on Stellarium.

So I believe the first rescue of Barley/Bride of Christ will be after this date. The man child is the Bride of Christ with 'Jesus in them' ruling with Him with a rod of iron.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
thanks for the thread FA, a fascinating subject no doubt

hopefully these add to the mystery

the most intrinsically bright object ever observed by humans in the universe..In less than a minute, this dying star output more energy than the Sun will in its entire ten billion-year lifetime! Although it was observed in March 2008..Ever since then the light has been streaming towards us, more than half the observable universe away, while we were busy evolving brains and building telescopes suitable to pick it up.cosmic-web.co.uk...

In his work, Arthur C. Clarke often employed pathos to contrast the human scale against the immense scale of the universe. When he once mused on TV that the Star of Bethlehem had in fact been a supernova, now pulsar PSR 1913+16B ogleearth.com...

April 13, 2010: GRB 100413B is a long burst in the constellation Cassiopeia.
April 23, 2009: GRB 090423 in Leo .
March 19, 2008: GRB 080319B, in Boötes
July 14, 2007: GRB 070714B explodes in Taurus.
Feb. 18, 2006: GRB 060218 explodes in Aries
www.nasa.gov...

It is probable that his ancient name was Arcturus * (as referred to in Job 9:9), for this is the name of the brightest star, a (in the left knee). Arcturus means He cometh..I have just been checking the scriptures referenced in association with the star names in the Bootes table on the Mazzaroth (Job38) Web page...The last day of the Barley Harvest Feast is going to be April 28. The Bootes sign GRB 080319B occurred on March 19. I was inspired to count back from April 28 to March 19 and I got 40 days. theopenscroll.com...

edit on 7-8-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJediSo I believe the first rescue of Barley/Bride of Christ will be after this date. The man child is the Bride of Christ with 'Jesus in them' ruling with Him with a rod of iron.

Would the redemption of the Barley Overcomers not occur during the feast of the Barley Harvest, as Rustami mentions in the post after yours? I suppose "after this date" would cover that. I am currently working on a book on the subject of the Bride of Christ, so I have quite a bit of interest in the subject.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I was just thinking about this last night. The theory says that Adam knew about the Zodiac in the stars and understood its meaning in order to pass it on to his decendants.

Adam from the first was in perfect fellowship with the Divine Intelligence, and knew all things that came before him by an intuitive divine insight into their whole nature and intention. He needed no instructors, for the light of God shone clear and unclouded upon his soul. His whole being was in most thorough accord with God and with the mind of God, for he was the complete image of God. His wisdom and knowledge were necessarily higher by far than that of any other mere man that ever lived

What I wonder about; if the Zodiac was written in the stars at the beginning of time and Adam saw and understood what it told us about God's plan, did Adam know he would fall from grace?

The Zodiac tells the story of the gospel; the story of the birth of Christ and his redemprion of man from the fall and eventual triumph over Satan. If Adam understood the meaning of the zodiac, he would have also known that, at some point, man would fall from grace. You would think this would put him on his guard to beware of temptations that would cause him and mankind to fall from grace if he had been forwarned by the zodiac.

Of course, the zodiac doesn't tell of HOW man fell from grace so maybe Adam, not knowing the specifics wasn't prepared fro what actually happened. Or, maybe, after Eve told him she had taken a bite from the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, Adam recognised that this was part of God's plan, knew that everything would turn out right in the end, and did his part to bring God's plan to fruition.

Whatever the case, the whole thing boggles the mind.

new topics

top topics

join