It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Local ' Hero Good Guy' Killed After Shooting Policeman In London

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Here is the story - www.independent.co.uk...

I wanted to mention that on the news the locals in the area which is also where a police officer was almost decapitated in riots a couple decades ago' all defended the accused criminal saying he wouldn't hurt anyone and he always kept the peace in the neighbourhood if there was any trouble going on. They said he organises local charity events and is looked up to by youngsters in the areas who see him as a positive role model.

Well at this night he text his girlfriend from a taxi saying 'the feds are following me' when armed police tried to stop/arrest him he fired at the police hitting an officer in his radio which saved him, he was then shot in the head by the other policemen after seeing his college go down.

Now when I first heard this I was very angry as I ignorantly didn't know the facts. I assumed it was a wrongful murder by armed police as in London this happens fairly often, but rarely gets broadcast. I though the excuse would be that he had an object that looked like a gun in the heat of the moment. But a bullet lodged in the officers radio isnt exactly an easy thing to falsify and I must admit that my initial reaction was very wrong of me and I think that its actually very lax of the officers for waiting until they were fired upon before themselves shooting him.

I just wanted to discuss the locals reactions as this sort of thing happens a lot and I usually believe the locals, but in this case I would guess that the area has its fair share of criminals (im actually reading a book by a former criminal from this area as well btw) and they look up to this guy as he appears to have held some 'respect' in the area. I would guess that they want to make the police to look like murderers knowing that the average person wont feel bad for a dead gangster so make it appear that he was a good, pillar of the community who was a good person, murdered by trigger happy police.

Maybe there is more to come on this case but It appears that the police were in the right and I think they even showed restraint not firing on him right away. Did anyone else see the reports talking to the locals as well?

Discuss

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I don't think he can have been too nice.

Im no fan of the Rozzers but shooting one?
People with nothing to hide tend not to shoot the police, must have not wanted prison time real bad.

Prob just his gang friends and local scum being nice!

Edit: What was he doing with a gun in London anyway?
Nice London people also tend to be unarmed!
edit on 6-8-2011 by Glz00 because: See Above.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

It also says that he had been depressed since his good friend was stabbed to death recently. Still even if he was distressed and looking for his own brand of justice (which some people here may claim to sympathise with) why did he shoot a policemen?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Glz00

I agree with you, I am not a fan of police but I have met my fair share of very nice, genuine ones. No matter why he had a gun he should never have shot at them. Also if he was such a pillar of the community then why would one of them grass him up as the officers were obviously tipped about him possessing a firearm?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

edit on 02/02/1987 by clintdelicious because: For some reason the post was duplicated

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

My hats off to the effort you took to look beyond the knee jerk reaction we're all guilty of sometimes in blaming the cops. They deserve it often enough, eh? I'd have to agree with you on this one by the facts we know so far. A bullet in a piece of personal gear is a little hard to fake and it screams that the situation had actually gone too far by that point, already. Again, you raise a good point on that. Where is the line between caution and reckless conduct? Perhaps they were a bit too cautious this time and one of them was almost killed by it.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
No matter what country you live in, you shoot at a cop and your chances of seeing a court room go down dramatically. Sounds like the guy had a life changing event(the death of his friend). He needed help. Too bad his friends didn't see this coming and gotten it for him.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Gun was not legal. BBC - "Two shots were fired by an officer and it is believed that one shot was discharged from an illegal firearm inside the car."

www.bbc.co.uk...

Hate to say it but it just looks like another nasty london "gang war" another wasted life and the "gangs" will just carry on regardless, getting "revenge" for there "solgaz" Will they ever learn? Another statistic for operation trident and the met!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I have to admit I'm not proud of myself by jumping to that conclusion, a big part of it was just the locals interviews and being too short sighted to realise that they also have their own reasons for lying about this guys character. Im glad that the policeman was lucky enough to not have been hurt, a couple inches up and he may have been killed. I', not a cop hater by any means, but just questioned a lot of their previous incidents involving shootings. I have much more respect for them now and even feel its worrying that the gun was maybe not confirmed as real which is why they didnt fire right away. He probably thought they were unarmed detectives and he could escape by making them back of before he dumped the weapon . Luckily for the police they were armed and lucky enough that the bullet didnt hit its intended target.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I think it wasnt to do with his mates death He shot at police, thats the behavour of a hardened criminal, not an upset friend looking for revenge on a single murderer.
edit on 02/02/1987 by clintdelicious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
You play with fire you get burnt.
he had a gun by illegal means, and he shot at the police. what did he think was going to happen.
what i want to know is why the armed police was after him? how did they know he had a gun ect?
don't sound like a normal police stop. more like a tip off/setup.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I live around the corner from the area in question, Tottenham, North London.
Absolute cesspit, full of drugs, gangs, criminals and just the general worst of the worst.

Don't buy anything the 'Locals' tell you. There just as bent as the criminal in question.

new topics

top topics

join