It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Live: 69: Famine in Africa, The US in Crisis, Attempted Coups and Life on Mars?? + more.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Join the ATS LIVE crew for a jam packed episode discussing the hot topics of today.

This week we'll be discussing the major topics on ATS from the past week as described above, including....

Hour 1

Famine in East Africa: Why Does Nobody Care?

15.8 Million Israelis Get 100 Billion In US Tax Dollars While American States Are Falling Apart

Hour 2 - "The US in Crisis"

BLACK FRIDAY? - 05 Aug 2011

The Dow closes today at 11,383.68 with a drop of -512.76 points

U.S. loses AAA credit rating from S&P

Terrible Development! Ridiculous Compromise yet again!

Hour 3

The Attempted American Coup d'etat.

Mars: Breaking news - NASA releases strongest evidence yet of water - Possible habitable zone for microbes today

Plus current world events and anything that catches our eye today!

ATS Live would love to hear from you about our show and the topics we discuss - especially live on air! So call in and get your voice heard around the world on the radio!

Now Available on Rewind

We go Live from 9:00pm EST. That's 7.00pm Mountain, 6:00pm PST, 2AM (Sunday) UK and 10AM (Sunday) Canberra (the time zones are all messed up, you guys can figure out the rest if you need more info...)

Be sure to join us in the ATS Chat Room as well during the show, and get your views heard.

Call-In Using Skype
1) Install Skype
2) Add ATS Live Studio to your Skype contact list.
3) Send us a text message via Skype, do not call directly.
4) Wait for your position in the queue.
5) Tell us what's on your mind!

edit on 12/8/11 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Just under 4 hours to air time....

We want callers for hour 2 tonight. Lets hear what you guys think of the current crisis in the USA

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
One hour until SHOW TIME...

I truly hope everyone is tuning in....this will be a very UNIQUE show....although the same type of topics....some of our staff are on location......you will only know where and why if you tune in!!
edit on August 6th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

On location.......you mean someone is on Mars. Lol sorry I couldn't resist.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Where are you guys/gals...our faithful listeners??

We reeeeeeeeeally would like some callers - we have some very very important topics we are covering....

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Will try and listen in tonight, It should be a good show.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979

On location.......you mean someone is on Mars. Lol sorry I couldn't resist.

I think they may be on location on Noah's Ark......
stayed tuned for more

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Very important topics like the end of the financial universe on monday !

am i alone in thinking this is it..tipping point ?

Cosmic..

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Staff getting settled in their ark.....
Show time in 30 min....

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Yes, and part of that great show will be your great thread!

I will be listening intently.

By the way, the the G7 had a conference call today,

news.ph.msn.com...

along with the ECB holding a seperate call...
www.reuters.com...

And likewise G20 deputies
www.reuters.com...

ARK coordination?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Well that sold me. I will be tuning in.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Mother nature is doing her best to hinder our quest for truth but we won't be held back!!

Hope you are all up for the possibly the best show ever.

20 mins to go.

We have persuaded the terrorists to halt the offensive this year for one night.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

That is a pretty bold statement considering there have been plenty of best show's ever from ATS live.

You got some big airwaves to fill now.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
We are live folks!!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
U.S. Foreign Aid to the Palestinians

if anyone interested in reading...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

I am listening

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Yes we are being played.... completely....

My own opinion of this is a solution that if we see would prove you are right...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The main issue is with the idea is that you need an escape goat.... they must have one...

(note listening to ats live and the point of a conspiracy that it was originated by banks)

The banks have long been that powerful....

I am going to a false flag scenario...

At this point I want to share a little from the looking into this subject....

Standard and Poors wiki

Standard & Poor's (S&P) is a United States-based financial-services company. It is a division of the McGraw-Hill Companies that publishes financial research and analysis on stocks and bonds. It is well known for its stock-market indices, the US-based S&P 500, the Australian S&P/ASX 200, the Canadian S&P/TSX, the Italian S&P/MIB and India's S&P CNX Nifty. The company is one of the Big Three credit-rating agencies, which also includes Moody's Investor Service and Fitch Ratings.[2]

there is more but it list history

The company traces its history back to 1860, with the publication by Henry Varnum Poor of History of Railroads and Canals in the United States. This book was an attempt to compile comprehensive information about the financial and operational state of U.S. railroad companies. Henry Varnum went on to establish H.V. and H.W. Poor Co. with his son, Henry William, and published annually updated versions of this book.[citation needed]

In 1906, Luther Lee Blake founded the Standard Statistics Bureau, with the view to providing financial information on non-railroad companies. Instead of an annually published book, Standard Statistics would use 5" x 7" cards, allowing for more frequent updates.[citation needed]

In 1941, Poor and Standard Statistics merged to become Standard & Poor's Corp. In 1966, the company was acquired by The McGraw-Hill Companies, and now encompasses the Financial Services division.[3]

Owned by McGraw Hill...

this is where the revenge faction comes in...

Antitrust Review

In November 2009, ten months after launching an investigation, the European Commission (EC) formally charged S&P with abusing its position as the sole provider of international securities identification codes for U.S. securities by requiring European financial firms and data vendors to pay licensing fees for their use. "This behavior amounts to unfair pricing," the EC said in its statement of objections which lays the groundwork for an adverse finding against S&P. "The (numbers) are indispensable for a number of operations that financial institutions carry out – for instance, reporting to authorities or clearing and settlement – and cannot be substituted.”[15]

S&P has run the CUSIP Service Bureau, the only ISIN issuer in the US, on behalf of the American Bankers Association. In its formal statement of objections, the European Commission alleges "that S&P is abusing this monopoly position by enforcing the payment of licence fees for the use of US ISINs by (a) banks and other financial services providers in the EEA and (b) information service providers in the EEA." It claims that comparable agencies elsewhere in the world either do not charge fees at all, or do so on the basis of distribution cost, rather than usage.[16]

now to the McGraw Hill

McGraw Hill Companies

The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc., (NYSE: MHP) is a publicly traded corporation headquartered in Rockefeller Center in New York City. Its primary areas of business are education, publishing, broadcasting, and financial and business services. It publishes numerous textbooks and magazines, including Architectural Record and Aviation Week, and is the parent company of Standard & Poor's, Platts, and J.D. Power and Associates. It is the majority owner of the Canadian publisher McGraw-Hill Ryerson (TSX).[2] The company has its corporate headquarters in 1221 Avenue of the Americas, Midtown Manhattan, New York City.[3]

Yes the guys who may have made several of the books your read did the down grade...

Corporate history

The McGraw-Hill Companies traces its history back to 1888 when James H. McGraw, co-founder of the company, purchased the American Journal of Railway Appliances. He continued to add further publications, eventually establishing The McGraw Publishing Company in 1899. His co-founder, John A. Hill, had also produced several technical and trade publications and in 1902 formed his own business, The Hill Publishing Company.

In 1909 both men, having known each other for some time and sharing the same interests, agreed upon an alliance and combined the book departments of their publishing companies into The McGraw-Hill Book Company. John Hill served as President, with James McGraw as Vice-President. 1917 saw the merger of the remaining parts of each business into The McGraw-Hill Publishing Company, Inc.[4] In 1986, McGraw-Hill bought out competitor The Economy Company, then the nation's largest publisher of educational material. The buyout made McGraw-Hill the largest educational publisher in the U.S.[5]

McGraw-Hill Publishing Company, Inc became The McGraw-Hill Companies in 1995, as part of a corporate identity rebranding.[6]

In a recent strategy move (2007), McGraw-Hill launched an online student study network, GradeGuru.com. This new offering gives McGraw-Hill an opportunity to connect directly with its end users, the students.

its in rockerfeller center....

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
No it is not....

Each one has had the opportunity to fix this mess. I am having to go with the planned part... Not a single opportunist took advantage of the situation here...

My advice to arrest S & P

It can be done but it takes a leader which is what they lack.

Look into short selling.... Monday when the market opens a lot of people will be doing this....

Short wiki

In finance, short selling (also known as shorting or going short) is the practice of selling assets, usually securities, that have been borrowed from a third party (usually a broker) with the intention of buying identical assets back at a later date to return to the lender. It is a form of reverse trading, as it is selling high, then buying low at a later date. Mathematically, it is equivalent to buying a "negative" amount of the assets. The short seller hopes to profit from a decline in the price of the assets between the sale and the repurchase, as the seller will pay less to buy the assets than the seller received on selling them. Conversely, the short seller will incur a loss if the price of the assets rises. Other costs of shorting may include a fee for borrowing the assets and payment of any dividends paid on the borrowed assets. "Shorting" and "going short" also refer to entering into any derivative or other contract under which the investor profits from a fall in the value of an asset.

the orders are already posted for opening bell monday....

Wait what if I wanted to run on a campaign of "Let me be your Crook"...

lol

Ill guarantee youll get your cut....

The secret to being president is this... Proper Delegation of authority... Presently it is based on political favors system...

The presidents power is this...

What he sets it to be...

His is also in charge of the military.... directly, he just has rules he has to obey... partially

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The government needs to stay out of the economy and leave that to the poeple, the citizens. Too much government. We let them spend our money without any accountability. They felt they had an unlimited credit card and here we are. Insanity.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The problem they face now is different...

They will not be turned in... The General they put in would lead it then turn it around...

he would then have them rounded up and shot...

I have to pause...

Colin Powell would be able to do it...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join