It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

31 Seal Team Six Members Killed in Helicopter Attack!!! Mob Hit

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by thewesticle

Thats accordingly to CNN and other media but whats the bet they WERE involved in the "OBL" raid in Pakistan and whats the bet the Taliban knew exactly who they were most probably because they were told prior by unknown sources?

There will be another big coverup by White House officials, no doubt; we would'nt want anyone from inside the Seal Team Six to talk before OR after the next Presidential elections now would we!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The Chinook got hit by an RPG. They were not in the usual Black Hawk or Stealth Hawk, or even an Osprey.
Many were from the unit SEAL Team 6.
This was either an Obama sacrifice, or CoIntel Pro.
If the former is true, May G_D rest their souls, and bless their families.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Hmmm, what if it was both?

My bet is this was to fix up any loose ends?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
According to FOX NEWS,

"None of those killed in the crash is believed to have been part of the SEALs mission that killed bin Laden, but they were from the same unit as the bin Laden team.

"We don't believe that any of the special operators who were killed were involved in the bin Laden operation," a senior U.S. military official told Fox News."

Source: www.foxnews.com...

Regards.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Surreptitious

I saw that and guess what.......I don't believe it for one single moment!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
well crap i was wrong and i hate when im wrong

Insurgents shot down a U.S. military helicopter during fighting in eastern Afghanistan, killing at least 30 Americans, most of them belonging to the same elite unit as the Navy SEALs who killed al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden, U.S. officials said Saturday. It was the deadliest single loss for American forces in the decade-old war against the Taliban.

None of the 22 SEAL personnel killed in the crash were part of the team that killed bin Laden in a May raid in Pakistan, but they belonged to the same unit. Their deployment in the Friday night raid in which the helicopter crashed would suggest that the target was a high-ranking insurgent figure.

chronicle.northcoastnow.com...

read it and weep

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You may not be wrong at all but none of us are ever going to find out for sure either way

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I understand that many of you counter culture tough guys are clueless kids that cant drive yet much less vote or serve your country but I'm sure all of your mothers would like to believe they taught you better manners and respect.

I personally guarantee the asinine speculation from the ATS moppet gallery only makes clear that most of you don't know the first thing about real soldiers on real operations in real combat.

Not a single day of basic training amongst most of you but the snot nosed lot somehow qualifies to sod the memory of the fallen with talk of fratricide and treason.

Classy stuff but class has never been a problem among the internet's anonymous legions of Walt's,airsofters and politically remedial Nancies.

Rest in Peace to the fallen. My thoughts go out to the surviving family members, loved ones and comrades who must bear the weight the ultimate sacrifice has wrought amongst them.

This is truly a sad day, the time wont come soon enough that we can leave Afghanistan to its own devices.

edit on 6-8-2011 by Drunkenparrot because: Syntax

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This is absolutely f**king brutal.

RIP to these warriors.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

What's so civil about war anyway?

Every life lost is important, but people have the right to question why the life was lost.
edit on 6-8-2011 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Back to the topic matter, I do find it disturbing that we would send in our elite forces into combat in such vulnerable condition. It does lead one to either guess that there was intention or criminal negligence.

Agreed. And putting so many eggs into one basket? Pure incompetence.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

There will be another big coverup by White House officials, no doubt; we would'nt want anyone from inside the Seal Team Six to talk before OR after the next Presidential elections now would we!

To you and others crying coverup mission...

Do you think this is the first secret mission the SEALS have been on? Do you think we go back and kill all actors just to "tie up loose ends" at the end of all sensitive missions?

Just please, for once, use some common sense.:shk:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Ahhhhh YES it has been done before....many times! HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I don't have proof either way but I would want to know how the Taliban knew this particular unit of Seals was there in the first place......were they tipped off? Naturally the media is going to tell us these Seals part of the same unit of the botched "OBL" raid in Pakistan are not the same men because then it would look pretty damn obvious this was a set up!

I too don't like hearing about the loss of our men or yours in Afghanistan, I just want answers. This unit is unlike any other unit in the military.....the loss of 31 Seals in one hit that just so happen to be from the same unit of Seals involved in the "OBL" raid? that we all know he did NOT die on that fateful day in Pakistan but rather had someone else set up because OBL was already dead 10 years ago!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

T I personally guarantee the asinine speculation from the ATS moppet gallery only makes clear that most of you don't know the first thing about real soldiers on real operations in real combat.ext

Tread lightly, Drunkenparrot, because I have a feeling you may be opening wide for a big helping of your own combat boot.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

well crap i was wrong and i hate when im wrong

I gave you a star simply because it's rare to hear anyone admit such a thing.

Remember, this is just the beginning, and who knows what's going to transpire in the next few days or hours. There are many possibilities. You may not be off base.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

The people absolutely have the right to question, I'm sure that every one of the men who died onboard the helicopter strongly agreed.

I would argue that with rights come responsibility and that the people have a responsibility to question whenever blood is shed by the state whether friend or foe.

It is a different matter entirely to trivialize a soldiers death half the world away from home for the purpose getting a lazy dig at whatever the fickle breeze of social angst and malcontent takes aim for that day.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Seal team six is ONLY used for high value targets.

The most likely of these is OBL replacement.

After OBL got offed the enemy is likely to take extraordinary measures to protect his replacement.

They may have also planted false intelligence to set up team six for a ambush

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I don't have proof either way but I would want to know how the Taliban knew this particular unit of Seals was there in the first place......were they tipped off?

Now just how do you know that " the Taliban knew this particular unit of Seals was there in the first place"? Or were they shooting at any chopper that flew overhead at night, which is much more likely?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Did I read this right? They were part of the same team who took part in the raid against Bin Laden, therefore there is a good chance that all of the Seals who took part in that raid are dead now?

Originally posted by mishigas
The SEALS that died were NOT the ones that got bin Laden, although they were part of the same unit.

That we dont know. We have the word of liars for that. The ammount of coincidences starting with and since 911 has been staggering. Chances are the Seals who took part in the raid, have been incountry since the raid without interruption.
edit on 6-8-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

T I personally guarantee the asinine speculation from the ATS moppet gallery only makes clear that most of you don't know the first thing about real soldiers on real operations in real combat.ext

Tread lightly, Drunkenparrot, because I have a feeling you may be opening wide for a big helping of your own combat boot.

Thank you for the warning as well as the grin.

I feel as strongly about what happened today in Afghanistan as any other person registered on this board. In truth, for reasons I choose to keep to myself for the moment, most of you would probably agree that by rights I have reason to be very upset after the news this morning.

Regardless, between this and the 3 or 4 duplicate threads there were a few posts getting short on facts and fat with speculation that crossed the line of good manners and respect.

To be honest, I probably wouldn't have posted what I did in either content or tone had I read neo96's post about 5 minutes prior to, rather than 5 minutes after, I had finished clicking reply.

In particularly, a point I had taken some issue with earlier was openly corrected by neo96 after posting the updated facts along with the personal admission that he had been incorrect.( which seemed to help keep the what if's a bit more grounded in the heat of the moment.)

I appreciated both gestures very much. It takes a firm backbone to admit to being wrong in a forum that will just as easily be forgotten in 24hours. I followed NightGypsyy's example and gave a star for character as well.

I considered editing my post (as I see some do after some thought) but elected not to as it would be dishonest on my part. I meant everything I had to say when I said it and still do although with a bit more tact for the airsofters. Its no one persons fault that pink paintball guns sold out 3 to 1 last year or that the girlscouts are launching a pro league this fall.

In seriousness, we all know that differing opinions and beliefs are the norm on interweb message boards and forums. Day to day, I may not agree with some viewpoints and closely agree with others just as some may disagree with mine however co-existence through civil discourse is maintained via mutual respect and consideration.

More than a couple here would do well in life to remember that manners, as well as opinions, are free for to of us.

America lost 31 of her dearest sons,fathers,brothers and husbands. You don't have to like American government, military or even the people but you can allow us to bury the fallen in dignity before the opportunistic exploitation that drives this kind of alternative media turns them into murder victims of the same government they fought and died for.

I don't believe that is too much to ask of the ATS forums?

edit on 6-8-2011 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join