It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S Post Office is Defaulting

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Maybe this is the answer for the USPS.
The post office here has its own bank. The post bank.
It was initially only for the post office workers, but for quite a few years now
its open to the public.
Maybe they should think about something like that.
Its sad to see the crumbling of the pony express.
They used to go through some rough areas to get the mail delivered and on time.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

I don't think its paranoid really. People are victims of identity theft quite often. I guess if I had a bank balance and credit cards I would actually be more worried.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I try never to use the post office, they are rude and have a sour demeanor. It is as though I am bothering them. If you go to window before they call you they yell at you. We should ship UPS or Fed Ex and let that dysfunctional institution cave in on itself, Good riddance!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Athin

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Originally posted by iforget
reply to post by VraxUK

It sounds a lot easier than it actually is, trust me
No it isn't, trust me. I have seen some of the idiots they have doing this job.

Yes it is. Trust me. I'm a mailman.
There are idiots in every profession.
If the idiots can do it successfully, then it is not very difficult.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Athin

Originally posted by iforget
reply to post by VraxUK

It sounds a lot easier than it actually is, trust me
No it isn't, trust me. I have seen some of the idiots they have doing this job.

Yes it is. Trust me. I'm a mailman.
There are idiots in every profession.
If the idiots can do it successfully, then it is not very difficult.

You apparently have never walked door to door with 2 feet of snow outside. Or stayed in the 100+ heat power walking because theres a certain time in which you have to be back.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by professornurbs

When you ship UPS or Fedex you're still shipping through USPS. The only difference is you're paying more at those places. The UPS store takes your money then ships through USPS lol...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
This is not good news for me because i have many friends which are working in that .I should contact them.I think they will be worry.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
This is additional post wrongly did.Sorry for this.
edit on 15-8-2011 by steevemartin1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Sounds like the pony express should make a comeback, in this from of capitalism
lets bring back mail carriers on horses, pay them china sweatshop labor, and wait 3 weeks, maybe a month for a letter to arrive: ) that should make globalisms head spin!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Greetings, ATS Readers, Writers,

Hello all, I remember this coming up some time ago in the news, I did some research on it all at that time.

I even spoke to the ladies at our local Post Office..

HERE is the REAL reason the USPS is defaulting:

Our lovely government, the same one that gave gazillions to the Treasury AND foreign banks, TOLD the USPS, that they MUST "beef up" the retirement fund for it future and present retirees. And they gave them ONLY ten years to do this in.

INSTEAD, the government COULD HAVE given a TINY amount of money, (compared to what they gave foreign banks), and funded the retirement fund for the employees and GIVE the USPS say 15 years to pay it back, or 20.. BUT NO!!!!!

It isnt because the USPS is sooooo inefficient, the added burden of the extreme fund payments, is what is killing them..

They ladies at the local USPS verified this, and said I was about the only customer who REALLY knew what was going on..lol

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

They've been reporting on this off and on for the last year. No harm reminding us, though. Last report I heard was when the "promised" Forever stamps would not go up anymore and then they went up a penny. However, ABC World News was very helpful in the report, they said if the Post Office were to ever raise the cost of a postage stamp to .63 cents, a stamp, they would find themselves out of default. MSM strikes again helpful if only to the detriment of the people.

edit on 19-7-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Congress pretty much made it where it would be unconstitutional to take away the post office. Congress doesn't have a choice but to step in.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Well...it makes sense when you look at, Congress has mandated the U.S. Postal Services spend 9 Billion per year in pensions. Doesn't leave much left over for profit does it.

I've got some links somewhere I'll find and post...

ETA: For my new business, I order a lot of product that I choose USPS as the carrier to save money...I've found in the past few months, when tracking shipments, the postal services is using Fedex or UPS for part of the leg in shipping. Why...because it's CHEAPER for them to do so.

Des
edit on 6-8-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

Most people aren't aware of the pension that they were FORCED to pay by congress. It is almost as if congress is sabotaging the post office, which by the way, is a completely separate entity from the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, CORPORATION.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by lagnar

I find that a little hard to believe. Did just tell you they type at 200+ WPM or prove it to you?

I mean, the world record holders are in the 200+ range but only for very short periods of less than a minute.

This article says the average professional typist averages 50-80. Even if they were twice as fast, that wouldn't be 200+...

Just saying....

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I would think a Government takeover of the USPS is imminent.

USPS is complaining that other agencies don't have the same rules when it comes to covering future healthcare and pension obligations, but the truth of the matter is that the other agencies SHOULD have the same rules.

Why are we letting Government agencies put their future obligations on the back burner?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Hurray! This is good news because the USPS's main business is spam as it seems. Everything I do is electronic and so I only get "good mail" during the holidays. I use fedex or UPS to send letters or parcels. I'll be damned if I have to wait in line at USPS for an hour. Hopefully we will see the end of USPS for good

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

What they don't tell you is that right now Congress could let them out of this funding issue. The amount the USPS has already paid into it is enough that the interest on can cover the rest of the funding. This is nothing but the Republican Party trying to sabotage the Post Office so they can privatize the mail.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

I normally couldn't care less what anyone thought of my posts, but if you ever saw these women typing, you would agree they deserve every bit of credit possible.

Not only did they have over a 200+w.p.m. rate, but they maintained a 0% error rate as well (under .5% is considered 0). And some did it with hella-long fingernails. It truly is a sight to see (and hear), but I got the numbers from error reports we all had to endure every day - 25 implanted images meant to weed out people with bad error rates.

I started working there at 64 w.p.m., and after 2.5 years was typing 129 w.p.m. with a 2% error rate which is what they required to maintain employment.

By the way, I have come to the conclusion that I contracted some kind of visual impairment from staring at 30MHz refresh rates all day, every day for so long (very old monitors and custom-clacky keyboards with numbers on the home row and a switch on the top row). I see crystal clear, but at night and at bright lights, I see (w/both eyes) an exact 50% opacity copy of anything bright (i.e. road signs, lines, reflectors, the moon) directly above the object with 25% opacity tracers in between. Don't know if anyone else has this problem, but I didn't have it until working there.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Just yesterday I saw news that the Postal Letter Carriers Union is lobbying for the USPS to start offering banking services once again.

Letter Carriers want USPS Bank

So maybe people are listening to you OP. Nice work.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
if they cant adapt the last thing they need is a handout

so they can lose all of that too

why does anyone even care? they spend more time putting advertisements in my mailbox than actual mail. take me off the list, and everyone else in the same situation and only deliver mail to people that still get it. that might buy them some time to come up with something

edit on 14-8-2012 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join