It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crash kills members of SEAL Team 6

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This is my first post on ATS, although I have been a reader for a long time now and to open I'd like to point out the typical anti-government conspiracies popping up in many of the posts. For any of you who've had the pleasure of military duty, and known any member of the SEALs, you'll first know that you know nothing at all.

I was very astonished that when OBL was killed (Which he was) that they announced the team that did it. We're talking about the SEALs, some of the best at that; the people who carry out the American black op missions, and do some of the most important things our military require. The SEAL I trained with wouldn't tell me the names of any of his team, the name of his team, where they operate, the missions they were responsible for... basically how many push ups to do... so in my opinion the naming of SEAL6 as the OBL unit was to create a "GI JOE" that America could feel good about... almost a positive media prop; a group of absolute American's we could rally behind for the "war."

What has me confused is that there has been information and pictures released of people who died who were supposedly SEAL members, which the gov't wouldn't do as to protect the families and other members of the surviving team. What has me saying "conspiracy" and I wouldn't really even call it that due to what the word commonly denotes, is that the SEAL's were killed... I think it's a move to allow the soldiers responsible for OBL's death, or the soldiers who represent SEAL6 to disappear back into the ranks.. what good is a black op unit what everyone knows of?

I don't think this is a "bad government controls everything and is scared of what the team will say" conspiracy... not to mention the government would have to knock off 1000's more of people from other SEAL teams, SF units, high ranking officers, government and pentagon positions.

To sum it up: in my opinion the helicopter crash was a way to cover up the identities of the SEAL members circulating back into duty.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Why should they build a place of pilgrimage, a memorial...without a body. Someone could find out.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I think the real question is why didn't anyone question how nobody got killed during the night of the OBL raid even though one of the helicopters crashed? Obviously it happened during the raid and they just didn't want to admit it.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by theshepherd92

It didn’t crash, according the OS anyway there was a malfunction that meant it could not take off so they chose to blow the thing up.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

In fact, I had never returned to the helicopter question. Wasn't it a secret stealth model? A newspaper speculated on a stealth version of an Blackhawk.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dacruz

Yes on the Bin Laden raid they used a secret stealth version of the Blackhawk.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
RIP men....you did what you were told to do and now you pay the ultimate price...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bone13
There investegating this now, they are very upset from what i saw on CNN, for those with family in the service, i also have family the service, Prayers to all the familys. Peace

Yes. Lets have the families come forward and speak out on the news for the heroes.

edit on 15-8-2011 by eyespying because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Hi, late to the party. Is it normal for a large SEAL team to be on this type of mission?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I'm sure they were selling GMO products for Monsanto. After all, we're all going to fu#king die for eating GMO foods,,, or didn't you know that? Twenty deaths here, a thousand deaths there, whatever. When will people get a freaking clue? Why is it that war victims are a terrible death but cancer, diabetes and the like are tolerable? It is alllll Death. Bottom line.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Hi, late to the party. Is it normal for a large SEAL team to be on this type of mission?

Well there were over 20 who took part in operation Neptune spear so I would have to say yes, this is normal.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Obfuscation

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 10-7-2012 by BrutalDictator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blameg4me
This is my first post on ATS, although I have been a reader for a long time now and to open I'd like to point out the typical anti-government conspiracies popping up in many of the posts. For any of you who've had the pleasure of military duty, and known any member of the SEALs, you'll first know that you know nothing at all.

I was very astonished that when OBL was killed (Which he was) that they announced the team that did it. We're talking about the SEALs, some of the best at that; the people who carry out the American black op missions, and do some of the most important things our military require. The SEAL I trained with wouldn't tell me the names of any of his team, the name of his team, where they operate, the missions they were responsible for... basically how many push ups to do... so in my opinion the naming of SEAL6 as the OBL unit was to create a "GI JOE" that America could feel good about... almost a positive media prop; a group of absolute American's we could rally behind for the "war."

What has me confused is that there has been information and pictures released of people who died who were supposedly SEAL members, which the gov't wouldn't do as to protect the families and other members of the surviving team. What has me saying "conspiracy" and I wouldn't really even call it that due to what the word commonly denotes, is that the SEAL's were killed... I think it's a move to allow the soldiers responsible for OBL's death, or the soldiers who represent SEAL6 to disappear back into the ranks.. what good is a black op unit what everyone knows of?

I don't think this is a "bad government controls everything and is scared of what the team will say" conspiracy... not to mention the government would have to knock off 1000's more of people from other SEAL teams, SF units, high ranking officers, government and pentagon positions.

To sum it up: in my opinion the helicopter crash was a way to cover up the identities of the SEAL members circulating back into duty.

What kills me about this post is that this guy took the time to log on and get a ats name, I remember when I first came here I made 20 post real quick and most were pretty stupid as I look back.. However this guy comes on to say government is good, seals not a conspiracy, they didn't die.

Nice thought but smells of udder crapola to me.

If they wanted to disappear they would've just disappeared. No reason to make the public think they are dead and quite frankly I wouldn't want the foriegn countrys to think they were dead even if they were.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
update
August 12, 2013
A Scandal Bigger Than Benghazi?

Team 6 members realized they had a target painted on their backs.

Biden added, apparently oblivious to the reality that he had just perpetrated one of the more egregious leaks of national security information in recent history.

As a result, SEAL Team 6 members realized they had a target painted on their backs. That reality was hammered home in a May 10, 2013 Fox News interview with Karen and Billy Vaughn, whose son Aaron was killed in the chopper crash. Karen spoke first. “As soon as Joe Biden announced that it was a SEAL Team who took out Bin Laden, within 24 hours, my son called me and I rarely ever heard him sound afraid in his adult life….He said, ‘Mom, you need to wipe your social media clean…your life is in danger, our lives are in danger, so clean it up right now’,” she revealed.

“Something’s going on with the team. Somebody’s leaking things out. Something’s going on.” Savage asked: “Your son knew he was being sent to his death?” Strange’s response was chilling. “They knew,” he answered. “They knew something was up. Every one of them.”

Afghan military officials who were not on the flight manifest, raising the possibility the replacements were Taliban infiltrators.

The bodies were badly burned disputed, by eye witness.

Why were they being flown into a combat zone in a helicopter made in the 1960s?
didn't want to destroy a newer one?

frontpagemag.com...

Claim black box washed away by flash flood, not likely.

Larry Klayman minced no words regarding what he thinks about this tragedy. “This is a scandal even greater than Benghazi,” he said. “There we lost four valued American lives; here we sacrificed 30 American soldiers. The big question is were these brave Americans sold out by the Afghani government as payment to the Taliban for the death of bin Laden?”

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Why were they being flown into a combat zone in a helicopter made in the 1960s?
didn't want to destroy a newer one?

Uhm, because they essentially weren't. I had to roll my eyes when I read this on another page, and I have to again now.

It was being flown by 160th SOAR, which means it was either an MH-47D/E/G or a CH-47F. Any of those versions is as different from the Vietnam era CH-47s as a 1968 Mustang is different from a 2013 Mustang. The design is the same, but that doesn't make it a 1960s helicopter. The design works, so they kept it, but it's been upgraded and improved light years beyond what they could imagine in the 1960s. The MH-47E was introduced in the 1990s, which means they were built in the 90s. They also upgraded a number of Ds.

The CH-47D was built starting in 1979. The last D was delivered to the Army Reserve in 2002. There were 12 new build MH-47Ds, 6 converted CH-47As, and 6 converted Cs. Both the conversion packages put new engines, new avionics, a weather radar, new rotor blades, and other upgrades to the cargo system, as well as an inflight refueling system. The D is capable of carrying 26,000 lbs of cargo, compared to the 10,000 lbs the A could carry.

The E first flew in 1991, and all 26 were assigned to 2-160th SOAR. The E models were converted from C models, and are similar to the D, with a larger fuel capacity, and terrain following radar.

The CH-47F first flew in 2001, with the first production aircraft rolling off the line in 2006. It includes new engines, an upgraded airframe for reduced maintenance, new avionics, and a faster top speed.

The G is currently being produced and delivered. As of 2003, 25 Es, and 11 Ds had received upgrades to the G standard. The G is similar to the E, with a digital architecture, which means digital instruments in the cockpit, and some portions of the F.

The CH-47 has been a good helicopter for years, and will continue to be for a long time to come. It's what you use when you need to move a large number of troops in a fairly short time. That way you get in and out fast, instead of having to fly in a larger number of Blackhawks, or smaller helicopters, you fly in one Chinook. The F can carry as many as 55 troops in one haul, as opposed to 13 on a Blackhawk. The down side is that if something like this happens, you lose more people in one blow.

Yes, they may have been on a converted A (I've never seen anything to say definitively what model they were on), but it's nothing like the Vietnam era helicopters, and is for all intents and purposes a brand new helicopter.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

thanks for the info. Zap.

Least we forget.

edit on 123131p://bMonday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Thanks for the update Stormdancer,

I guess we could blame Biden and his loose lips sinks ships,
is the man just a buffoon? This is a good example of why
idiotic people like him should never hold a high rank office.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Thanks for the update Stormdancer,

I guess we could blame Biden and his loose lips sinks ships,
is the man just a buffoon? This is a good example of why
idiotic people like him should never hold a high rank office.

you are welcome bts, maybe it was intentional.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Reading the article, it doesn't state if any of those killed were part of the operation that resulted in the (so called) killing of OBL. However, I wouldn't be surprised if it was all of them.

No images of OBL and now, potentially, none of the SEALS alive to tell their story.

If this is the case, please can someone explain, how we are allowing them to get away with it.

What youre saying is very interesting because the original article which you read now says exactly that in the 3rd paragraph:

None of the 22 SEAL personnel killed in the crash were part of the team that killed bin Laden in a May raid in Pakistan, but they belonged to the same unit.

I dont doubt you for a second.

How likely is it that you missed this crucial detail so early in the article?

Its not likely at all.

The article has been revised and I find that it happens very frequently.

There were times that I would question myself only to then realize that these stories have been edited without any mention of the "correction".

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I don't think I would have posted what I did if that paragraph had existed. I'm sure someone would have pointed out the error of my comments if it had existed in the original article.

Maybe they read my post here on ATS and updated it, but there isn't an update time stamp on the article.

Looking through the comments posted on this thread on the 7th August, several have links to articles claiming they were not part of the team that took out OBL.

So it was probably amended when the narrative changed.

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join