It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crash kills members of SEAL Team 6

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I'm thinking cover up. We're never going to know how many, or who for that matter, were actually killed in that crash. No disrespect intended, but "killing off" the unit that killed Osama bin Laden, is a great way to protect their identities an their families

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

So if everyone read the UK article it clearly says the SEALS who took our Osama were NOT in the chopper.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I gave in and turned on the tv. The news is all over the place with their numbers. They keep saying HELICOPTOR CRASH. Thats BS it wasnt a crash. It was shot down. TV is back off.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Morg234

My friend you are wrong Osama is as dead. He got shot in the faced by a guy named Larry from Omaha. He is dead

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperkill
reply to post by caladonea

Obama is dead. Seriously he is dead.

Did you mean that Osama is dead? Because President Obama is still with us.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

I think we all understand the possibilty in the analogy and thanks anyway. I see now that the BBC's ceefax story, which said that the US military spokesman said only that it was "not thought" or "not likely" that any OBL seals were involved, has just now been changed to no mention at all?? It does now say that the US is probing the circumstances of the crash, so it's kind of going backwards newswise. The BBC has also amended the website (different) story from yesterday, although they still make a distinction between 'team' and 'unit'

At the end of the day it is pretty irrelevant if these men were part of the actual attack team on OBL or not, since nobody knows who they were...unless of course that secret has been compromised someway.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

According to intelligence officials, the 23 SEALs who killed Bin Laden at his compound in Pakistan in May had recently returned to Afghanistan from their base in North Carolina.

However, they were members of the same 120-strong SEAL Team Six and would have trained alongside and been close friends with those who carried out the Bin Laden raid.

It was not clear if the Taliban had deliberately targeted the helicopter as an act of revenge.

But its shooting down is bound to be greeted in many parts of the Arab world as terrible vengeance for the death of the Al Qaeda leader.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Two names released

Aaron Carson Vaughn, of Tennessee,
Navy SEAL, Jon Tumilson, of Rockford, Iowa,

RIP

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Strange, because just THIS WEEK there was a big article in The New Yorker magazine about SEAL Team 6.

Also, while I was going through the magazine aisle at the grocery store, I noticed that Popular Mechanic's magazine Cover Story was called Secrets of the Navy Seals

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/40b517e9ca08.jpg[/atsimg]

So, honestly, when I saw all this attention being placed onto the SEALs in the Main Stream Media, I thought something was up. I had no idea that the Government would kill them off . Once again, though, there is no coincidence here, this is a conspiracy at the highest levels. This is a message.

edit on 8/7/2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/7/2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Just heard this, found it incredibly suspicious when you take it into consideration.
" more than 20 Navy SEALs from the unit that killed Osama bin Laden"

Suspicious?

I'm surprised it took them this long to eliminate the potential for leaks.

Now, they need to arrange a accident, fire or terrorist attack on the ship where Osama's "body" was taken as well.

Maybe that will be next?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

I have a feeling you are right. I am about to enlist in the Navy and researched a fair bit about the Navy Seals. They specialize in maritime operations around bodies of water. The desert contains no water. So this likely wasn't a Navy-backed operation. It also couldn't have been Delta Force either because they take select SEALs into their group, not 22 from the same unit. The entire operation is a lie.

What I think really happened, is that they got rid of the 22 SEALs involved in the Osama operation either through coercion or force and used this as a cover-up for their disappearance. If they are asked about them, they can conveniently say that all were killed in action.

The news media is controlled by the government so they can easily hire a reporter to give the news in a desolate area that resembles the hypothetical scene. I'm not saying that this didn't actually happen; I'm just saying that it could be a hoax. To lose THAT many elite special forces due to a 'rocket-propelled grenade' doesn't seem plausible. Don't you think somebody would analyze threats in the area first or at least parachute off the damaged helicopter?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

This clip shows Taliban claiming they used their 'Latest' technology to shoot down the aircraft. Sounds to me like a SAM was used.

edit on 7-8-2011 by hardboeilednwokilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by hardboeilednwokilla
www.youtube.com...

This clips shows Taliban claiming they used their 'Latest' technology to shoot down the aircraft. Sounds to me like a SAM was used.
edit on 7-8-2011 by hardboeilednwokilla because: (no reason given)

TY, hardb, that is interesting, what is SAM?

I have a question do we know the names of the seals that were involved with the OBL killing or are they kept classified?

youtu.be...

edit on 113131p://bSunday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Meet The 'Seal Team 6',

The military team that killed Osama Bin Laden is an elite special forces group unofficially called Seal Team 6.

Officially, the team's name is classified and not available to the public, technically there is no team 6. A Tier-One counter-terrorism force similar to the Army's elusive Delta group, Team 6's mission rarely make it to paper much less the newspaper.

It shows how important the publicity about Bin Laden's killing is to the U.S. that this morning, Team 6 is front-page news.

The members of Team 6 are all "black" operatives. They exist outside military protocol, engage in operations that are at the highest level of classification and often outside the boundaries of international law. To maintain plausible deniability in case they are caught, records of black operations are rarely, if ever, kept.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

There are no names available for current Team 6 members, but the CIA does recruit heavily from their numbers for their Special Operations Group, so it makes sense that they were chosen to work with the CIA on this mission.

Team 6 is normally devoted to missions with maritime authority: ship rescues, oil rigs, naval bases or land bases accessible by water. There are no waterways near Bin Laden's compound.

When a former Navy SEAL was called for a comment about this article all he could say was: "You know I'd love to help you man, but I can't say a word about Team 6. There is no Team 6."

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

There are no names available for current Team 6 members,

"You know I'd love to help you man, but I can't say a word about Team 6. There is no Team 6."

I had no idea, so if we don't know names and it is top secret we only have what they tell us to believe?

Unless anyone knows if the OBL team six names were ever released.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

The names are kept secret, so secret not even the president of the United States knows them.

www.globalsecurity.org...

A SAM is a Surface to Air Missile, but usually associated with Soviet and Chinese variants. Its possible we might see a connection to Iran or Pakistan or maybe even Russia, whether on purpose or fabricated, if there is a connection to a SAM being found on the ground in one of the Taliban strong holds, this could spell big trouble for the future with already growing tensions. U.S. will want to know who sold it them or how it got there. Currently Taliban are not supposed to have access to these weapons, there are agencies and countries working around the clock to keep them out of their hands.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Seriously, you don't know what a SAM is?

Surface to air missile.

Any operation that is classified from the beginning, will also mean that any and all people (names identities) will remain classified (secret) regardless of changes in level of classification.

If they release the names and identities of the "seals" and/or operatives directly involved then they, their families etc could become easy reprisal targets. Even if they were killed in this "crash" their identities should remain classified... If their names are released, then it is an intentional breach of protocol.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by hardboeilednwokilla

The names are kept secret, so secret not even the president of the United States knows them.

www.globalsecurity.org...

A SAM is a Surface to Air Missile, but usually associated with Soviet and Chinese variants. Its possible we might see a connection to Iran or Pakistan or maybe even Russia, whether on purpose or fabricated, if there is a connection to a SAM being found on the ground in one of the Taliban strong holds, this could spell big trouble for the future with already growing tensions. U.S. will want to know who sold it them or how it got there. Currently Taliban are not supposed to have access to these weapons, there are agencies and countries working around the clock to keep them out of their hands.

WOW so that settles that, thanks

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Seriously, you don't know what a SAM is?

Surface to air missile.

Any operation that is classified from the beginning, will also mean that any and all people (names identities) will remain classified (secret) regardless of changes in level of classification.

If they release the names and identities of the "seals" and/or operatives directly involved then they, their families etc could become easy reprisal targets. Even if they were killed in this "crash" their identities should remain classified... If their names are released, then it is an intentional breach of protocol.

No I didn't, I am a sixty-one year old Great grandmother, and I learn something new everyday,

Yes that makes sense that they wouldn't release the names of the team that was in the OBL attack, isn't it just dangerous to release these names of the guys that were just killed?

Maybe not quite.?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith

Maybe... it was just what it appeared to be... a tragic helicopter accident ? ...They do happen, from time to time.

I'm pretty sure "rocket propelled grenade" is no accident.

Stop driving with two feet and concentrate for a second......
edit on 7-8-2011 by litterbaux because: It's late

You're right. It wasn't an accident. Rebels shot down the helicopter and now a few conspiracy theorists are trying to play this off as "an inside job."

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorKarma

I have to wonder how many of you know what Navy Seals are trained for and do. Do you think they rescue?

I hear what you are saying and glad some of you see the picture of reality is a lot different than what most people care to recognize. A murderer is a murderer, if you remove being partial from the equation. As the saying "what goes around, comes around". This seems almost like a display, of supernatural forces at play.

"Karmageddon", the name of my spaceship

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This is how it works right? Use someone for an assassination, then kill them when the job is done. I'm not surprised.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join