It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crash kills members of SEAL Team 6

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Why did the PTB killed the comrades of the commandos that killed OBL? plenty of reasons:

1) the people most likely to talk are the comrades of the commandos that did not take part in the killing. The ones that took part in the killing are secured; their most immediate contacts are not, and they ha to be exterminated.

2) to serve as a lesson to anyone trying to reveal anything, both inside and outside the team that killed Laden.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by iamnang

I haven't read all the replies, so my apologies if someone has already answered you. According to what I know, there is no SEAL Team 6. That was an unofficial nick-name given to a highly classified black ops team back in the 80's, in order to throw off the Soviets as to how many SEAL teams we actually had. Supposedly, there are only 2 SEAL teams. The nick-name stuck, since even the official name of the team is classified. Team 6 is recruited from elite military groups, (SEALs, Berets, RECON, etc.) but is NOT a military group. They work for the CIA, beyond military protocol.

This is why so many people were dumbstruck to hear about Navy SEALs invading a compound in the middle of the dessert to kill Osama...SEALs operate near the ocean with a lot of maritime activities. That's because they weren't Navy SEALs. They were a black ops team, not associated with the Navy at all, but the Navy is getting the credit.

So, that explains one issue. The other issue is, what were they doing in Afghanistan again, in such large numbers on a chopper? And why did the news channels readily explain their mission? Sorry, but a highly classified black ops team wouldn't be on any "standard" mission that the media could talk about. And since when do black ops teams work in tandem with Air Force personnel and Afghan soldiers?!?

Many questions running through my head...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I have a "theory", (since this IS a conspiracy website), and it works:

Let's say, all these people who were just reported to have been killed were actually killed earlier this year with the "Osama" raid. BUT, the ones who raided the compound were perhaps on a completely different mission having nothing to do with Osama, and captured the Afghans in the compound. Upon trying to take off in the chopper, they were killed, and a different story was presented to the rest of the world. Mind you, Osama was already dead...for MANY years. No one from that raid was alive to leak the story that he wasn't killed in that raid, and Osama's "body" was conveniently buried at sea. But, there was a sticky problem with having to explain how a highly classified "team 6" black ops team ended up dead, along with civilians, Afghans, and Air Force. As long as no one lived from this raid, there would be no one to counter the story that Osama died there, so they waited as long as they could and fabricated a different chopper crash, crediting the Taliban for the strike.

Now...maybe, JUST MAYBE, there was an actual chopper crash recently. It was a Chinook, which can hold a lot of people and a lot of gear. It is quite possible that the deaths on this chopper were completely unrelated to the deaths on the Osama raid chopper, but the Pentagon decided to add the TEAM 6 personnel names to this one, and explain the deaths from two separate events with one chopper crash. If these people were on a top secret mission, then the families would be appeased by knowing how their loved ones died in a standard mission, (or so it would seem).

Furthermore, the Pentagon could essentially get away with telling everyone that the people who were killed recently from TEAM 6 were not the ones who raided the compound and killed Osama....of course they weren't!! Osama was already dead!

But it's just another spin....

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Here stop freaking out no conspiracy is happening.

None of the 22 SEAL personnel killed in the crash were part of the team that killed bin Laden in a May raid in Pakistan, but they belonged to the same unit. Their deployment in the raid in which the helicopter crashed would suggest that the target was a high-ranking insurgent figure.

source

None of the SEALs that killed Bin Laden died in the crash nor were they on that helicopter. You people jump to conclusions too quick. You should take the 5 minutes to read over articles that are out there before freaking out.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This has been done before: the 1994 Mull of Kintyre Chinook crash. It's a favourite for silencing
large groups of sensitvie people (much like the Polish Presidential plane crash in Russia)

There are protocols that high value assets should not travel in a single convoy making them
an easy target or unacceptable loss to the military.

This was an inside job, Taliban have a poor record of taking down aircraft in Afghanistan
101 (17 to hostile fire).

www.guardian.co.uk...

But dark rumours abound. The loss of ten senior RUC intelligence officers, nine army intelligence officers and six MI5 officers on the eve of the 1994 IRA cessation was, for some, propitious.

"The loss of such senior intelligence personalities probably ensured the political case for a peace process to go ahead despite the recent successes against PIRA [Provisional IRA] and loyalist paramilitaries," wrote academic Sydney Elliott in the most recent edition of the Northern Ireland Political Directory.

The diaries on one of the RUC officers killed in the crash, Ian Phoenix, were published in 1996, and showed the mindset of a dedicated anti-terrorist operator who believed that the IRA could be militarily defeated, if the authorities let them "do their job".

Some of those killed were certainly involved in contentious episodes, such as the "Shoot to Kill" operations on the early 80s, in which six alleged republicans were shot dead in circumstances which themselves have been the subject of call for a new inquiry.

Some loyalists believe that the intelligence officers were deliberately "taken out" for "knowing too much" about the people the government would have to deal with in a post-conflict Ulster.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SigilOfLux

None of the 22 SEAL personnel killed in the crash were part of the team that killed bin Laden in a May raid in Pakistan, but they belonged to the same unit. Their deployment in the raid in which the helicopter crashed would suggest that the target was a high-ranking insurgent figure.

source

None of the SEALs that killed Bin Laden died in the crash nor were they on that helicopter. You people jump to conclusions too quick. You should take the 5 minutes to read over articles that are out there before freaking out.

That was not what we were given yesterday when the many threads started, many of us went to great pains to ascertain an unambiguous story. The BBC's ceefax page was, and still is ambiguous, while the breaking news ticker stated quite straightforwardly that "some of the dead were part of the OBL TEAM"
All the stuff about to come out on the OBL 'operation' is suggesting that it was carried out by 'Team 6' so either it was or it wasn't. Now, only today is AOL carrying the heading as you describe, and there is a need for clarification as to what the 'unit' is, as it can't be called the OBL unit but something else or nothing at all.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
[
edit on 7-8-2011 by semperkill because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperkill
reply to post by TheMaverick

Dude it wasnt the government. It was the families that leaked this. When so many fall their is no way to keep this a secret. Like I said 3 CACO calls out of Lejeune in the last 24 hours. I can say this. The Chaplain and the Chief that went on these calls walked right past me. I know for a fact that 3 of the guys were from Marsoc. 1 was a navy corpsman doing his cadre with the team. I hate that they say its a chopper crash. This was a combat action. These guys died doing what they love. I salute them all.

There was a separate incident, www.wral.com...

All three were assigned to 2nd Marine Special Operations Battalion.....

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by hardboeilednwokilla

Umm you just answered your own question Like i said 3 guys from MARSOC (marine special operations) were on that chopper in a training cadre. I know what im talking about. Notice there is no statement from DOD just that they were in support of a unit. Usually its the other way around. MARSOC guy do missions with seals all the time.
edit on 7-8-2011 by semperkill because: grammer issues

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by hardboeilednwokilla

Umm you just answered your own question Like i said 3 guys from MARSOC (marine special operations) were on that chopper in a training cadre. I know what im talking about. Notice there is no statement from DOD just that they were in support of a unit. Usually its the other way around. MARSOC gus do missions with seals all the time.

I think we're talking about two different events here, I thought you said MARSOC guys were on the 47 crash involving the SEALs.
www.marinecorpstimes.com...
Says here their living quarters caught fire and they died during the blaze.
edit on 7-8-2011 by hardboeilednwokilla because: Additional info

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by pigwithoutawig

Easy to answer. SEAL team six is a Designation it would be hard to explain to your regular everyday civilians you would not be able to understand that MARSOC (marine special operations) FORCE RECON , ODA (green Berets) CCs (air force combat controller) army rangers and marine infantry all work together. How do you tell the people that . You just lump them all together. SEALS rarely work alone there are many components to missions. ie; an assault team, an intel team , Cordon teams etc etc. No body goes in alone this isnt the movies. Information is given to who needs to know depending on their job specific to the mission and support is always there.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

That was not what we were given yesterday when the many threads started, many of us went to great pains to ascertain an unambiguous story.

The U.S. media began reporting around midday PST ( GMT -7) that an unnamed Pentagon source had confirmed that none of the SEAL operators killed in the Chinook had been involved with Operation Geronimo.

The BBC's ceefax page was, and still is ambiguous, while the breaking news ticker stated quite straightforwardly that "some of the dead were part of the OBL TEAM"
All the stuff about to come out on the OBL 'operation' is suggesting that it was carried out by 'Team 6' so either it was or it wasn't. Now, only today is AOL carrying the heading as you describe, and there is a need for clarification as to what the 'unit' is, as it can't be called the OBL unit but something else or nothing at all.

There is a lot of confusion throughout the media.

I posted a brief explanation hoping to clear some of the confusion towards the bottom of the last page...

post by Drunkenparrot

Take a glance through the post, if people will take a moment to read it should clear up much of the confusion.

I am curious about the remainder of your post. Nearly a platoon of arguably the best trained soldiers the United States has ever produced are killed by what looks to be direct enemy action during what is hinting be an extremely sensitive operation half way around the world.

There are and will likely remain many publically unanswered details but the bulk of the story is no different than when first reported.

I'm honestly surprised the Pentagon clarified the confusion over the SEAL team's role with Bin Laden much less so quickly.

The story would be much more suspect were it %100 accurate in the details from the start.

It is a dangerous occupation and despite our best efforts to train, equip and support our fighting men sometimes an enemy combatant with something as primitive as a rocket propelled grenade gets a lucky or good shot and people die.

To quote the good Dr. Freud, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

source

Sky News are still refering to the original story

Earlier reports said more than 20 Navy Seals from the unit that killed Osama bin Laden were among those killed in a helicopter crash in Afghanistan.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by hardboeilednwokilla

Dude see thru the bs. A dog also died on that chopper. Read both stories and make your own assumption. That article is disinformation. It is blatant disinformation. Look who died in that fire. They said fire because everybody (including the dog) died on that chopper. They wont say that outright. Read between the lines and see the truth for yourself.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by semperkill

I never said you were wrong, its highly likely they were involved in some highly sensitive operation else where in the world, that went wrong. Or maybe they are going off the grid... There is a highly secretive and structured groups within the darkest corners of the DoD that only recruits out of the military, you literally go off the grid.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin

source

Sky News are still refering to the original story

Earlier reports said more than 20 Navy Seals from the unit that killed Osama bin Laden were among those killed in a helicopter crash in Afghanistan.

The news agencies changed the story a hour or so after this thread began, so people weren't just making stuff up. The articles we originally read said that the Seal killed in the crash were those that had taken down Osama, also, total dead on the U.S. side was 31. Then they changed it to none of the seals being the ones that took place on the Osama raid and that only 30 of our troops were killed.

I noted that the majority of comments on Yahoo news and a couple other sites did not believe that Team 6's deaths were a coincidence. Perhaps they changed the story after no one was believing it. I think it was deliberate misinformation on their part.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Yes i agree that there are secret secrets. Im not at the top of the food chain but I know enough about this stuff to put 2 and 2 together. You have to see that 3 marines (MARSOC) and an army spec ops (ODA) died in a fire along with a dog. That is crap. What happened is that the families contacted the news before the story was spun. Those marines, dog and army guy were on that chopper. Right now as we speak this is common knowlegde down here. Im just upset at your post because i explained that it wasnt just SEALS on the chopper. Now im pissed because they said those guys and dog died in a fire. When a helo or humvee gets hit by an RPG and it penetrates everybody burns. It is very convenient for the news that these warrirors died in a fire at their quarters. Pure BS. and nothing else.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Yes i agree that there are secret secrets. Im not at the top of the food chain but I know enough about this stuff to put 2 and 2 together. You have to see that 3 marines (MARSOC) and an army spec ops (ODA) died in a fire along with a dog. That is crap. What happened is that the families contacted the news before the story was spun. Those marines, dog and army guy were on that chopper. Right now as we speak this is common knowledge down here. Im just upset at your post because i explained that it wasnt just SEALS on the chopper. Now im pissed because they said those guys and dog died in a fire. When a helo or humvee gets hit by an RPG and it penetrates everybody burns. It is very convenient for the news that these warrirors died in a fire at their quarters. Pure BS. and nothing else.

Well I just got back from a deployment out there about a few weeks ago, it would be interesting to see if anyone was on the FOB or main hub, that they were in when the 'fire' started. I am going to ask a few friends that are still there when I get a chance if they seen or heard anything.

In regards to the Chinook, I also doubt it was a RPG, it had to be a Russian made or Chinese made SA shoulder launcher, a RPG does not have enough splash damage to take out both engines and tare a MH-47G in half. Look back at previous accidents and events involving that platform, there is usually a few people who survive when those things fall apart, one of my instructors who was a marine at NACCS was in one of those type of events. The SA's are designed to kill and utterly devastate the aircraft. THe CH-47 he was in literally broke into three pieces in mid flight, and his section of the aircraft slammed into the ground flipped a dozen times before coming to a complete stop. Granted he was not combat loaded and tagged with tons of gear, but you get the idea.
edit on 7-8-2011 by hardboeilednwokilla because: Additional info

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I think some people here are a little misinformed. There was no Bin Laden SEAL raid. No photos, no videos. Body buried at sea instantaneously? And you still believe it.

Just to remind you. A government is not a reliable source.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Depends on where it hits. An RPG can take out a helo easily. But it is completely plausible that it was an SA. Im talking to everybody I know about this. Im waiting for word from afghanistan about the fire. Dont you find it funny that 3 MARSOC guys and ARMY spec ops were killed in a fire. IN A FIRE. where was the fire. Evryones is in cans out there now. I find it hard to believe that operators of this level were taken out in a fire wihtin 24 hours of this action. I say same chopper same guys. But then again thats just how im reading it. By the way welcome home. Im glad you made it back.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join