It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crash kills members of SEAL Team 6

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ka119

It always amazes me that people on ATS go on and on about tire one units and the SF units of other states like they have just walked after 20 years services with the SEALs or whatever yet never talk about the proper “black units”.

I am talking about the SAD, ISA (or whatever they like to call themselves these days), the Increment (which may or may not even exist and if it does that is not its name), the Israeli Kidon assassination squads, the Soviet Vympel unit and the list probably goes on yet these units are never mentioned on ATS.

good posting here buddy btw

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorKarma
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I have to wonder how many of you know what Navy Seals are trained for and do. Do you think they rescue?

Navy Seals Rescue Kidnapped American in Afghanistan

SEALs killed in crash were on rescue mission

Navy SEALs Rescue Captain Richard Phillips

Navy SEALS Rescue Eagle in Afghanistan

Do you think they give humanitarian aid?

U.S. Navy Assists in Rescue Efforts After Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crash

Navy brings aid for Haitian orphanages

The Associated Press has learned that more than 20 Navy SEALs … ...transport vessel HSV 2 Swift as part of a humanitarian mission. ...

Military Gung-Ho for Humanitarian Missions

Alongside the Army Corps of Engineers, which would play a major role in facilitating infrastructure projects overseas, the biggest booster of peacetime engagement has been the military's special operations community, which includes such covert units as the Army Green Berets and the Navy SEALs.

Military-run humanitarian and "civic action" programs "address the grinding impact of poverty and disaster," James R. Locher III, the assistant defense secretary for special operations and low intensity conflict, asserted in a speech last year.

"They help friendly governments provide for basic human needs and, thereby, promote the perception and reality of effective government on which stability rests."

Eric Greitens

Eric Greitens is a a United States Navy SEAL, nonprofit leader, author and speaker who lives in St. Louis, Missouri. He is also the CEO of the veterans organization The Mission Continues...

Humanitarian aid

As an undergraduate researcher, Greitens spent time in Croatia and Rwanda where he aided war refugees. His thesis at Oxford, entitled Children First, investigated the ways in which international humanitarian organizations can best serve war-affected children. Greitens has worked as a humanitarian volunteer, documentary photographer, and researcher in Zaire, the Gaza Strip, Albania, Cambodia, Mexico, Bolivia, and India. His photographs were featured in the publication, Community Strategies for Healing.

Ever seen Navy Seals playing Santa Claus at your local shopping mall?

Niel Christensen Member #755-1988

NIEL was a US Navy SEAL sniper who served in Vietnam and he was also very active in his local VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars) post - he usually played Santa Claus for the kids at the VFW Christmas parties.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8edc6cc213a4.jpg[/atsimg]

LOL FYI They are trained killers, assassins..that is all they do and I will take bets that their was not one man in this helicopter that does not have the blood of an innocent child on his hands. If there is God, a Heaven and Hell, where would you guess these Seals who died are right now?

And don't give me any crap, I was a Marine for 5 years and did 3 tours of Vietnam.

Don't give you any crap? Why? Because you don't feel any worse lying about your service than insulting the memory of my countries fallen soldiers by calling them baby killers?

I do not believe you could find Indochina on a map with both hands much less having served anything more honorable than a county jail sentence.

There is not a Marine on the planet that would make pull that baby killer B.S., much less a blooded corpsman claiming to have served 3 tours in S.E. Asia.

I recommend you read this and add the link to your favorites, not everyone gets their own Wikipedia page.

Stolen Valor Act of 2005
I'm sure your folks must be very proud.

On the plus side, you easily posted the quickest time yet to demonstrate a complete lack of a clue in this thread.It would have been a closer race but you distinguished yourself from the pack early on

I admit I'm impressed, you had some very clueless competition on this one.

I have never seen anyone shove their own foot in their mouth so deeply while simultaneously setting the bar for such tactlessly insensitive lack of couth.

You Sir, truly have a gift!

edit on 8-8-2011 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by cd5love96

hahahaha. in the age of smartphones, hd cameras, interwebs and "hadron colliders", all
our great mainstreamedia has to offer are a few #ty mobilephone videos and a few
photos that depict absolutely nothing. truth be told, back in the good ol' days msm
also lied to our parents and grandparents, but at least you had a sense of some god
damn integrity when reading "the news". nowadays, these faggots (no gay pun intended)
just make # up, spin it and then they get angry when people ain't buying it.

lol indeed.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

A consideration:

The use of CH-47's in Afghanistan (as UH-60's in Iraq) is constant. They move personnel and equipment every single day weather permitting. Besides this one, how many others have been shot down with all aboard KIA?

While I am not one to immediately look for Grassy Knolls, it does seem out of place. Sure aircraft get fired upon all the time. If we were losing them everyday, this may appear less significant. But we don't.

My guess is this aircraft was flying outside of the normal CRM envelope due to the situation on the ground. The enemy gets paid to play too. Since I do not know all the details, past that it is hard to confirm or deny how much of a "conspiracy" this was.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Interesting...

As the investigations ramp up, details are beginning to emerge about the tragic crash which help illuminate the event and also raise some serious questions....

Read more: kitup.military.com...
Kit Up!

1.) The mission was an “immediate reaction force” not a “quick reaction force,” meaning the helo was already in the air or spooled up nearby to respond. This undercuts our Jalalabad argument since that’s not as close to the raid as, say, Bagram. But this still raises the question, why not 160th? If it was in the plan, why not use the better armed, better equipped, better trained 160th pilots?

2.) The SEALs were a mix of 6-ers and frogmen from a standard, West Coast-based team.

3.) The ST6 SEALs were from Gold Squadron.

Read more: kitup.military.com...
Kit Up!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Thanks burntheship very interesting questions,

Thanks everyone for the insights.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

Here is a full list of helicopter crashes in Afghanistan since the start of the war, there is a fair few you will find if you look through it.

en.wikipedia.org...

Oh and go read up on operation red wings.

edit on 8-8-2011 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Good posts to you as well. They hop on here and think they can bash SEALs and somehow try to make this look like a conspiricy. Its amazing how blind people can be to war.. no SEAL team six? Delta is "way better"? These are just a couple of the childlike examples i have scanned through. At least save yourself the stupidity and use that lil search engine.
Its good to have someone who actually knows what they are taking about on here, thank you for your posts.
People are liking to believe that they know these undercover ops, id love to see what they say about black ops

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ABNARTY

A consideration:

The use of CH-47's in Afghanistan (as UH-60's in Iraq) is constant. They move personnel and equipment every single day weather permitting. Besides this one, how many others have been shot down with all aboard KIA?

While I am not one to immediately look for Grassy Knolls, it does seem out of place. Sure aircraft get fired upon all the time. If we were losing them everyday, this may appear less significant. But we don't.

My guess is this aircraft was flying outside of the normal CRM envelope due to the situation on the ground. The enemy gets paid to play too. Since I do not know all the details, past that it is hard to confirm or deny how much of a "conspiracy" this was.

If your honestly interested, I'll post the CH-47 (or any aircraft type) losses back through Vietnam although....

I'll bet dollars to donuts just this one more from 2005 will be more than satisfactory for most...

Failed rescue

One MH-47D helicopter, four UH-60 Black Hawk and two AH-64D Longbows attempted to come to their rescue to provide extraction in the mountains of Kunar. The MH-47 helicopter, carrying eight Navy SEALs and eight 160th Night Stalkers, was shot down by a rocket propelled grenade shot through the open rear ramp, causing the pilot to lose control of the craft. It hit a mountain ledge, and then fell to the bottom of a ravine, killing all sixteen on board. It was the deadliest day for Naval Special Warfare until the August 5th 2011 helicopter crash that killed 31 people, 22 of them being Navy SEALs.

Operation Red Wings

I have to say this topic has really broadened my horizons. Just when I thought it an sure impossibility for the ATS membership to deny even a quanta's values worth more ignorance, along comes the next most utterly silly and factually backward topic ever posted on the internet and we are all back to where we started.

Fascinating...

Edit:My apologies to OtherSideOfTheCoin. I had written but not posted the above text linking Operation Red Wings for ABNARTY's consideration as he/she seems sincere enough.

When I caught a moment to finish I sent the comment before refreshing the page.

It was an unintentional oversight and hopefully a small thing in the grand scheme of the universe.

I would feel terrible to accidently discourage one of the only posters on the subject who seems to be making the effort to contribute rational content and pertinent facts over x-box hyperbole.

edit on 8-8-2011 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I agree with Stormdancer777.

Your question is one of the best I've heard anyone yet ask.

To be honest, I had read a similiar post yesterday in general topics over at militaryphotos.net in this thread US SOF MH47 shootdown in Afgh - News & discussion. READ 1st POST!

I also believe there is an honest and real possibility of finding some breadcrumbs worth tasting by looking where burntheships is pointing.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Just heard on CNN SEALs remains are unidentified. When the remains are returned to the U.S. no News coverage will be allowed and the remains will be sent off to labs for DNA testing to verify identities. It was announced about 15 minutes after Obama got done. Gonna try and find a link.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
No conspiracy here,

Perhaps some retribution.

Or from the OBL perspective. God has spoken.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ka119

I appreciate your clarification on my post. I was honestly not aware of the aforementioned information you had posted but I will stand corrected.

On a separate note, I'm surprised by the amount of people whom come off rather heated in their responses/replies to posts.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Im pissed..and do you know why im pissed...well ill tell you , our best men and women have to ride in helicopters that have been in service for 40 years and TPTB have all that alien tech that they just sit on and not make readily available for them...what a shame.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

The Taliban lured US forces into an elaborate trap to shoot down their helicopter, killing 30 American troops in the deadliest such incident of the war, an Afghan official said Monday.

"Now it's confirmed that the helicopter was shot down and it was a trap that was set by a Taliban commander," said the official, citing intelligence gathered from the area.

"The Taliban knew which route the helicopter would take," he continued.

news.yahoo.com...

How did they know,and did they know seals would be aboard?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

The Taliban lured US forces into an elaborate trap to shoot down their helicopter, killing 30 American troops in the deadliest such incident of the war, an Afghan official said Monday.

"Now it's confirmed that the helicopter was shot down and it was a trap that was set by a Taliban commander," said the official, citing intelligence gathered from the area.

"The Taliban knew which route the helicopter would take," he continued.

news.yahoo.com...

How did they know,and did they know seals would be aboard?

A tip from a US operative to the ISI, which has been known to pass along intel like this to the Taliban.

Just a guess.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Thank you for the links...appreciated.

I tread lightly, as this is a very sensitve issue.

bts~

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Crashes versus hostile fire. A cursory look at your reference for Chinooks shot down:

Two in 2011.
One in 2010.
One in 2009.
One in 2007.
Two in 2005.
Two in 2002.

Granted this may not be the whole story as it is on Wikipedia but close enough. Of these 9, a third were special operations variants or performing in the special operations environment. Two more were shot down during Operation Anaconda. That is over half in a much closer support role than simply ferrying troops/supplies from A to B.

The Chinook is not a Hind. An RPG7 has demonstrated enough destructive power to bring one down. Heck, small arms fire has demonstrated the same. However, I am not sure how this excludes the possibility third parties are supplying higher tech weapons to do the same thing. Why wouldn't the Taliban or other players want to reach out farther? If you were the Combatant Command's G2, would you feel secure in the recommendation to your Commander he will never face that threat?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NebulaZero

Thank you, i didnt mean to come off as snippy, it just sounded like a very direct, very sure statement so i had to clear it up. This whole topic just throws me off, there are so many on here that are typing nonsense.. so i was just kind of upset dealing with all that.
Sorry for the tone, but thank you for the contributions.

Unfortunately this is just a heated topic, as i mentioned earlier there are a plethera of people that are posting "facts" they have somehow gathered. For us Military folks it is upsetting when others speak out of place, i am not saying that there is anything wrong with speculation, but when people claim to be posting facts about our job.. thats where it upsets us. There is a whole variety or military personnel on here, from enlisted ranks, to officers, special forces personnel, and everywhere in between. Anyways, take none of it personal, we are just trying to make sure things dont stray to far

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I was just wondering, is it possible that this is a hoax? It occurred to me when i read this and subsequent articles, these people that killed OBL they aren't allowed to tell anyone who it was, but there is always a chance one could be captured and tortured or sell a name for money. suddenly this ST6 member get's off'd and along with his whole family, friends, possibly other members. it just doesn't seem to be able to turn out good for anyone. Give these same seal team members who are now "dead" new identities move them to some secret base in like Antarctica or something make them comfortable for the next 60 years, and back in the civilized world you could even be like "sgt smith is the one that killed OBL but he's dead now so....."

I am pretty new to this forum, but I've read crazier ideas?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join