It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crash kills members of SEAL Team 6

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
To me there is a stink attached to this story. IF they did mess with the Seals, they may have just bitten off more than they can chew. These are really not people to mess with.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by misfitofscience
reply to post by TWILITE22

Actually in a SEAL team there is and ONLY is 16 platoon members and 1 -2 Officers.

NO!!!!!

There is a estimated 250-300 active SEAL Team Six members, their numbers have been massively increased since 9/11 (the exact figure is classified).

I think this may be the problem most of you know nothing about SEAL Team Six other than what you read in the press after OBL’s death and your own assumptions. Operation Neptune Spere involved 24 operators form SEAL Teams Six yet according to what you have wrote there only exists 18 operators. The suggestion that Seal Team six only has 18 operators is just wrong.

Please people stop writing stuff on these threads as if you know what your are talking about when many of you clearly don’t. It is infuriating to see people repeatedly making the same errors over and over again.

I have to ask, how many people on this thread, had actually heard of SEAL Team Six, DEVGRU or NSWDG prior to the killing of OBL.

edit on 7-8-2011 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2011 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Traitor's! (Government)
edit on 7-8-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by arufon

What you are saying is blasphemous. I have seen SEALs give candy to children first aid to families. I have seen them advise whole communities and support the building of school. Im not giving you any crap but your post is ridiculous. How dare your post suggest that these guys should be in hell. Your post stated that you a Vietnam Marine Is it fair to say that all vietnam Marines killed babies and are probably in hell right now.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
[Removed while I learn more about the SEAL teams, I may have mistakenly assumed this was the exact same group that supposedly killed OBL, but apparently there are many groups within Seal Team 6. Off to do more research.]
edit on 7-8-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Why does it scream cover up, the seals who were killed where not the same guys who killed OBL. Helicopters crash, and SEALs use helicopters therefore a incident like this was almost inevitable.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by KudosForJustice
Im sorry if this has already been posted but

None of the 22 SEAL personnel killed in the crash were part of the team that killed bin Laden in a May raid in Pakistan, but they belonged to the same unit.

source: news.yahoo.com...

And since when, on ATS (deny ignorance), did we just start believing everything the media hands us? "Oh Yahoo news says so, which makes it fact." Come on, people. If they never released the names of the ST6 members in the OBL raid, why would they tell us if one of them was killed in the crash??? I guess we just have to take 'their word' for it...

If had to throw a speculative theory out there, I'd say that the OBL raid never happened (Osama's probably been dead for years), and this crash probably never happened either.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Thanks. Apparently I fell victim to believing the short versions, and I should have read through. I thought this was the same Seal Team 6 that killed OBL, but apparently I need to read the whole thread and do a little more research.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I thought it was very suspicious when I first heard about this incident considering that this was the unit that killed bin Laden, but apparently none of the SEAL Team 6 members involved in this crash were there for the bin Laden mission. I'm not sure if they're telling the truth but if they are then that removes any doubt that this had anything to do with the killing of bin Laden.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainIraq

We seem to believe the MSN when they tell us what we want to here.

For example how many times to you here the BBC being sourced as “evidence” that OBL was trained by the CIA.

Like I said before, helicopters crash, SEALs travel in helicopters so something like this was almost inevitable.

If you try to find a conspiracy in every news bulletin you are not better than the sheep

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Hey guys read this aesop fable.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Reading these post i am must say is difficult for me. It is easy to say coverupand yell conspiracy. Whether it was an RPG a SAM is of no consequence It really inst that hard to taqke down a chopper. Your average Taliban strike force or platoon consist of anywhere from 5 men to 500 hundred. These guys have been fighting against Helos for a long time.In fact we taught them those tactics. Also there is much confusion about what SEALs do or do not do. They do it all everything you can think of. Additionally these guys arent invincible they dont have special powers. They are just really really fit and really really well trained. They have the best equipment and support that money can by. Their budget is ridiculous and believe you me when in country these guys share the wealth. The ones I have met and worked with are the nicest most intense guys on the planet. You want to talk about cool calm and collected these guys are it. Since these Wars started they have been on the forefront. I can say this. During the invasion when we had Humvees that were unarmored and we were losing guys left and right. These guys (maybe not these exact guys) did helped us jimmy rig armor for our doors and floors. They also took the time (on base ranges) to advise us on shooting and clearing techniques. In northern Iraq we had a team that would work out at the gym with us. They took the time to show us stuff that would take our workouts over the Edge. These guys these SEALs They are just Americans with a dream and a drive to be better trained than anyone else. Most of us in the military consider ourselves Tactical Athletes these guys wel they are Olympic level tactical athletes. Im proud to have them on our Team. May thir Souls sing in Valhaala for all eternity.....

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Hey guys look and see
NATO was recovering the remains of the twin rotor Chinook helicopter. A current and a former U.S. official said the Americans included 22 SEALs, three Air Force combat controllers and a dog handler and his dog. The two spoke on condition of anonymity because military officials were still notifying the families of the dead.

Another news source
A fourth MARSOC Marine and an Army special operator sustained unspecified injures as a result of the incident, said Maj. Jeffrey Landis, a MARSOC spokesman. It’s unclear whether they were evacuated from Afghanistan, he said.
A military dog also died in the incident, Landis said. He declined to comment on whether a fire caused the deaths.

Marsoc Marines ,Army SPECops, ODA

This is the same incident but with a different spin. The info is really coming in. Guys are awake now and alot of people are pissed at the news. They rushed this story out as fast as they could the media screwed up the facts and caused the GOV to change and rearange stories. Yes the goverment Lies are you really surprised? But this COMBAT ACTION was just that A COMBAT ACTION.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sdrawkcabII

They could be BOLDLY accepting the word of the government officials that these were not any of the same people. AP News is generally pretty good, but they probably had a single source, some spokesman colonel working for the military that will tell them what he is told to tell them. What I hope is more digging is done to make sure that what was told to the reporters was the truth.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I'm sorry for the loss of the life. Get real though buy unborn child can right aore believable story than this. The fake killing of Osama, the Disney movie getting ready to be made based off of the farce and now the killing of the seals before they can give interviews and be worshipped by stupid americans. HA!!!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
To be fairly honest, and I extremely must convey this.

I'm pretty sure, that the SEALs were never even involved in the "Osama" mission. I'm pretty sure it was a Delta Force mission, but the media is not permitted to that information. The government still claims that Delta Force" does not exist" and therefore, solely pinned the SEALs as the ones responsible for the mission.

The SEALs are elite, but Delta Force is far superior.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Wow, that's crazy...RIP to the SEAL team.

So, how would the media know whether this was the team that killed OBL (which probably didn't happen)? The government would never confirm or deny it was or wasn't, since saying who they aren't could give clues to who they are, right?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
As I posted on the other thread concerning this, has anyone else considered the possibility that this was arranged so that those troops could go into Witness Protection? Regardless of if they were actually the ones to take down Bin Laden, their names were out there, and they were walking targets to retaliation.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by misfitofscience
reply to post by TWILITE22

Actually in a SEAL team there is and ONLY is 16 platoon members and 1 -2 Officers.

So....theres more to this story and I am pretty sure my explanation is the most plausible....They were shot down to keep a secret!

Proof of yet another fine winner here at ATS.
This is NOT TRUE. Therefore.. DO NOT post it.
EACH TEAM has 16 PLATOONS. In each platoon, two officers, one chief, and 13 enlisted men. Good lord.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by NebulaZero
To be fairly honest, and I extremely must convey this.

I'm pretty sure, that the SEALs were never even involved in the "Osama" mission. I'm pretty sure it was a Delta Force mission, but the media is not permitted to that information. The government still claims that Delta Force" does not exist" and therefore, solely pinned the SEALs as the ones responsible for the mission.

The SEALs are elite, but Delta Force is far superior.

You are wrong on every single level of that statement. If you knew anything about the military you would know that...

1.SEAL Team Six is not directly tied in with the other SEAL teams (i.e. greater training, different ROE etc.)
2. Delta Force is an acknowledged force in the Military, yes.. even by the government.
3. SEAL Team Six and Delta Force work side by side, along with the CIA SAD's in JSOC.
4. They all are elite, if anything the SAD's are superior, solely because of their tie in to the CIA.

Get your facts straight there champ.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join