It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crash kills members of SEAL Team 6

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by wolfwood290
reply to post by Gseven

I have a feeling you are right. I am about to enlist in the Navy and researched a fair bit about the Navy Seals. They specialize in maritime operations around bodies of water. The desert contains no water. So this likely wasn't a Navy-backed operation. It also couldn't have been Delta Force either because they take select SEALs into their group, not 22 from the same unit. The entire operation is a lie.

Peoples ignorance cracks me up. Let me outline a key point in your statement "I have researched a fair bit about the Navy Seals" Well then HOPEFULLY you would understand that SEALs stands for SEa, Air, and Land. Woah, what was that.. Land? Weird. Your talking to some Military folk such as myself that dont take kindly to bias thought. Just because they are part of the Navy does not, by any means, they are strictly for maritime operations. If you did your research you would see the majority of headline operations from the SEALs were, in fact, in the 'desert'.

Also, regarding "who SEAL Team Six is.." Well they are just that, the sixth team of the Navy SEALs. They were formed when there was only one SEAL team, to throw off enemies on the number of teams present at the time. They are highly trained and work specifically with JSOC, alongside the Army's Delta Force and the CIAs SADs (special activities division) After roughly four years in SEALs they start to look at the most applicable of the bunch and select them for Six training. The training is rigorous, and a good amount of those selected will drop out of the selection process. Their missions tend to center around hostage rescues, VIP rescues, assassinations, among other high risk close quarters missions.

THIS IS THE MILITARY. PEOPLE DIE. Had this been some grunts you would not have heard of it, you are hearing this because of the sole reason that it is the largest casualties to this magnitude since 'Operation Redwing' which Marcus Luttrell's book, Lone Survivor, centers upon. This is not some elaborate "cover up". This is real life, the majority of you have the grace to not be faced with realities of war, but for those of us who have, we just sit back and laugh at you.

Relax with the non-sense. Until you are in combat and watch the people around you die, it is apparent you will think any US Military casualty is be some conspiracy. How unfortunate.

Also, you have no idea where the RPG hit. It sure could of taken down a Chinook. If you recall from Operation Redwing the RPG entered through the tail end of the RPG and blew up into the fuel tanks, bringing down that big ol machine. I doubt it was something as small as an RPG, but it is absolutely possible. Brids have brought down planes, and birds dont explode.

How about we all take a deep breath and let this one go, lets honor the fallen and stop digging into their death. Remember, these people are fighting for YOUR freedom. Respect them.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

www.guardian.co.uk...

The US Navy Seals and other troops whose helicopter was shot down in eastern Afghanistan had rushed to the mountainous area to help a US army ranger unit that was under fire from insurgents, two US officials said Sunday. The rescue team had completed the mission, subduing the attackers who had the rangers pinned down, and were departing in their Chinook helicopter when the aircraft was apparently hit, an official said.

On the youtube vids, they seem to have removed the one i was thinking of, due to gruesome, violence or whatever, but i found this one from Discovery channel.

Another thing to consider the CH-47 used was a highly modified MH-47G, which is highly modified and is designed to take hits from small arms fire from close up. This is ST6 we are talking about here, they wouldnt be flying the older E's

www.guncopter.com...
edit on 7-8-2011 by hardboeilednwokilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
"They" are going to bombard us with disinfo like mad, it is "their" M.O. Just like the murder of JFK, 911, etc. They don't want someone coming out of the woodwork a few years from now and telling the truth, so they kill the witnesses and throw out a story about the raid from every angle possible. They make me sick

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Wait a minute i thought these TEAM 6 members were highly classified and that their identies would never be exposed.So why is there information released stating that they went down in a helicopter and were killed.Aren't they suppose to be like GHOSTS.

My whole thing is NOBODY suppose to know ANYTHING about them,so why is it that we know now know they are DEAD???

I understand the conspiracies,and that there may not have been a team 6 to begin with but what if?????

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
So, they are saying that an RPG brought down a twin rotor chinook and there are no survivors?
Isnt that the same weapon that brought down the Blackhawk in Somalia?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by wezy2005
Wait a minute i thought these TEAM 6 members were highly classified and that their identies would never be exposed.So why is there information released stating that they went down in a helicopter and were killed.Aren't they suppose to be like GHOSTS.

My whole thing is NOBODY suppose to know ANYTHING about them,so why is it that we know now know they are DEAD???

I understand the conspiracies,and that there may not have been a team 6 to begin with but what if?????

SPECIAL FORCES ARE NOT THE POWER RANGERS KIDS.

Sorry it’s not just you, but on all the threads I am reading about this crash they are awash with a plethora of arm chair generals and Steven Segal movie fans. SEAL Team Six make the news quite a bit, not all their operations are made public knowledge but a crash like this is hardly going to qualify as “ATS” so to speak some of their operational deployments are made public.

Just to add there are units that you almost never hear off, namely in the US they are SAD and ISA (or whatever the like to call themselves these days). And the Ghosts only exist in Tom Clancy games just encase you were wondering.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wezy2005

"May not have been a Six Team to start with"...? Really?
Do some research. They have been around and known for years. Only missions of theirs are highly classified. Yes, the people currently in are classified as well, but ask yourself; what is a fallen soldiers name going to compromise? Common sense people.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Thank you, what i have said since the start of this. But watch, peoples ignorance will prevail and so continues the "SEAL Team Six probably never even existed" just because YOU never heard of them doesnt mean they dont exist. Unless they are, after all, just some fairy tale to keep us feeling safe at night

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ka119

The ignorance on these threads is unreal, I have been posting on another one I was on this one but it got too big over night and I couldn’t be bothered catching up but that last comment really caught my eye.

I have read quite a bit about the SEALs, I recently read a book by a former SEAL Team Six member imaginatively called “Seal Team six” and lone survivor, another good one if your interested is warrior soul.

I find it slightly amusing when I read people writing some of the stuff that they have been writing about Special Forces in general. I find it infuriating however when they refuse to listen to people who might know a little bit more about a topic than they do and seek to find a conspiracy in every news bulletin such behaviour only flues ignorance.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Wow this is bizzarre.
An amazing coincidence, team 6, all in one chopper, in the 'stan.......
Maybe it was just a lucky hit, but if it was foul play, then they just killed the very people who could save their butts when TSHTF. Stupid, irresponsible, lying cowards

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by playswithmachines

No not all of SEAL Team Six, SEAL Team Six has a estimated 250 to 300 operational personnel and in all likelihood the ones who were responsible for the killing of OBL where not on board.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Ah, it's an American 'team' then, what in europe woud be a regiment..........

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I do not think that one Military person is more important than another. The Navy Seals are Special in the training the endure. What matters here is we continue to lose Our Men and Women in wars that the people don't want us involved in. They want us to come back home and mind our own business. THAT is exactlly what we need to do. Bring all of our Troops back to the good USA and let the people of the world duke it out among themselves. They have been fighting since the beginning of time and will until the end. Save the Billions spent fighting over there to help Citizens here.

God Bless these Families in their pain.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by playswithmachines

Ah, it's an American 'team' then, what in europe woud be a regiment..........

The reason for that is because in Europe we so good we get away with less guys.....

Anyway

Care to explain what you actually mean by that, you’re SEAL Team Six were originally trained in most of their original maritime counterterrorist techniques by British SBS.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Im sorry if this has already been posted but

None of the 22 SEAL personnel killed in the crash were part of the team that killed bin Laden in a May raid in Pakistan, but they belonged to the same unit.

source: news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy
I knew this was going to happen, just one more containment to keep the lies being told as truth

OP, there are no coincindences, this was blatantly done

So,... what's the TRUTH? That we have been looking for this guy who's been hidden by our "friends", the Pakistani's, who we have given BILLIONS of our tax dollars to, and had to go out our own to find and kill him? What's the cover up? Some of the theories you guys come up with are flat out nuts! NO disrespect intended but really....

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by playswithmachines

No not all of SEAL Team Six, SEAL Team Six has a estimated 250 to 300 operational personnel and in all likelihood the ones who were responsible for the killing of OBL where not on board.
Thank you for clearing this up for me,because I would find very suspicious to say the least if it were the exact men that did the Osama mission.Now it makes sense and I don't have to read up on another conspiracy theory.
again thank you!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

Glad to be of some assistance

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It could be that this Seal team was tired of all the lies and corruption and were about to publicly speak about their experiences, especially about the one to where Bin Ladden was dead back in 2001. I guess thats one way to keep 30 people from taking!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

Actually in a SEAL team there is and ONLY is 16 platoon members and 1 -2 Officers.

So....theres more to this story and I am pretty sure my explanation is the most plausible....They were shot down to keep a secret!

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join