It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AntiSec hackers release 'largest cache yet' of law enforcement data

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

AntiSec hackers release 'largest cache yet' of law enforcement data

www.zdnet.com

Hackers associated with the AntiSec movement — a LulzSec and Anonymous combined effort to breach systems with weak security — have released a 10GB in size cache of data belonging to law enforcement.

Known as ‘Shooting Sherrifs Saturday’, this follows ‘F**k FBI Friday’ in June, where LulzSec published hundreds of hacked usernames, passwords and other details from an FBI contractor.

In the latest cache, over 300 email accounts, personal information of suspects and officers, police training videos, and the contents of an insecure anonymous tip system can be found. Confidential i
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
7000+ Accounts and 70 Police sites taken down in the name of AntiSec

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Last week AntiSec announced they had defaced more than 70 U.S law enforcement web sites and also stolen email and anonymous tips data. Well today they released Shooting Sheriffs Saturday i.e their loot from last weeks hacks. This is AntiSecs biggest release yet.

Besides humiliating law enforcement for having weak security I'm not sure what this leak will accomplish. The authorities will never be pressured into dropping the charges against the arrested hackers no matter what. There's been some talk this week about U.S law enforcement shutting down a pedophile website, why doesn't AntiSec use their talents and go after that type of activity instead?

www.zdnet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 6-8-2011 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I dont understand whats going on here, months ago these hacktivists were saying that they were against big business and the banks and now they seem to be just spending thier time P#ssing off law enforcement. Its almost like they want the governments to start cracking down on internet security and totaly restrict freedom online. It doesnt make sense to me.

The trouble with being 'anonymous' is that no one really knows whos doing what anymore.

edit on 6-8-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

There's been talk that this 'hack' was perpetrated by China!

China refutes it, but here is the link: www.voanews.com...

S & F

edit on 6-8-2011 by SirClem because: grammar

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirClem

S & F

AH HAA Anonymous connected to Chinese government.
This totally destroys everything Anonymous ever claimed to stand for.
If you are an Anon sheeple supporter, you are now considered a spy at best or a traitor sabateur which carries a death penalty possibillity in the US.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirClem

S & F

These are different attacks I think, spanning over the last five years.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

And you are a wonderful sheeple for believing any utter BS the medias are pushing down your throat

cheers KOMRAD

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Don't pay the dark piper of Mob Rule, my friends. He'll take you down a grim and blood-spattered road with only one end. It 's a bit like ratcheting up the heat under a pot of boiling jellied gasoline, say, or jamming your naked fist into a hornet's nest for the lulz.

It is perhaps not surprising; mob behavior tends to accelerate the most extremely nihilistic elements of itself in positive feedback loops until some kind of social power rises to take matters in hand somehow. In history, exuberant mob rule is almost universally followed by a reign of terror of some kind...Robspierre's neck-happy Committee for Public Safety during the terror phase of the French Revolution; the savegry of the late Cultural Revolution in 1970s China, Pol Pot's attempts to robotically program the populace after emptying Phnom Penh and force-marching the "new people" deep into the wilderness...such extremes of repression are the shadowy nightside that blossoms in response to all widespread nihilisms. Chew on that.

edit on 8/6/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Yet another moronic move by these Cowards. I hope they are dragged on to the street and shot like the dogs they are. They are not helping any thing and at most the only thing they do is make it easier for the government to make being anon on the net a thing of the past.

I chuckle every time I think of the look on their parents faces when the F.B.I kicks down their door and drag their 37 year old virgin son out.

lol..

Grow up anon and luzsack you guys are a joke and nothing you have set out to do has come to pass. Sure you hack websites big woop, that is like being the smartest kid with down syndrome even if you win you lose it for us all.

God I hope these people are shot.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

So... Let me get this straight... You wish the deaths of certain people because they are actively opposing the TPTB, standing up against corruption and fighting the good fight against the swine, yet you disgaree with their actions and want to see them murdered.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

So... Let me get this straight... You wish the deaths of certain people because they are actively opposing the TPTB, standing up against corruption and fighting the good fight against the swine, yet you disgaree with their actions and want to see them murdered.

Because they are doing it overtly as cowards if they would get out and start shooting like men would I would be out there with them.

The only thing they are doing otherwise is making it easier for TPTB to do away with keeping your identity a secret. This is counter productive, What the hell are you guys thinking? you can't hit a big target and they cant hit any thing worth half a damn.

Any thing they have uncovered which is worthless crap has changed nothing except stir more appeal for doing away with the above said.

COWARDS

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
I dont understand whats going on here, months ago these hacktivists were saying that they were against big business and the banks and now they seem to be just spending thier time P#ssing off law enforcement. Its almost like they want the governments to start cracking down on internet security and totaly restrict freedom online. It doesnt make sense to me.

The trouble with being 'anonymous' is that no one really knows whos doing what anymore.

edit on 6-8-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

The change in targets strongly suggests an incompetent COINTELPRO. Does it not? Who will benefit when the government takes away internet anonymity? Where is the groundbreaking scandal revealed by hacking outdated police computers? Were any databases deleted? NO. This is SMALL FISH.

They can blame literally any one they want. The targets aren't worth a real hacker's salt.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

You show ignorance in every thread.
Anon is worldwide. It always has been.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

This anti sec's MO. Busting the security of institutions that should have the highest web security. Anonymous would be the movement you were confusing.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Hmm. Do you supose that theres any chance that sometimes, the actions of these hacking groups can have positive side effects? The exposure of the facts surrounding the weakness of the security systems that the hacktivist networks have exploited must be humiliating. But it has a benifit to the tax payer. Attacks like these can expose information that no unauthorised accessee ought to have, but it also means that those who live in nations affected by this form of hacktivism are aware of how much of a crappy job people are doing on thier behalf.

Would you rather not know these things? Sure, Im positive that these attacks are not made for this reason, but I think looking a gift horse in the mouth is a little bit closed minded. For one thing, there are in fact very few mechanisms by which the common man in the street can see the frailty of the argument that the governments of the world are using programming and technology far in advance of that which is reportedly available at the moment. This incident exposes that well trodden path, as little more than a cul de sac, for if this advancement exists, the chances are that these institutional websites and networks would be beyond the ken of mere bedroom or armchair enthusiasts.

In the same way, perhaps the law enforcement organisations did not know that they had a massive hole in thier firewalls and security proceedures. Perhaps this hacktivism has allowed these law enforcement organisations to re examine thier proceedures so that further such infringements cannot be performed.

Another way to look at this would be, if you really do not like the idea of lulzsec and AntiSec's existance, is that at least we now know that they are capable of hacking some of the most powerful organisations on Earth, which is a lot better than not knowing the limits of thier strengths.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

AWESOME
GO ANTISEC!!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
What if the chinese did try to hack
our powergrids and systems.

Anon is showing how easy it is
to get into anything they want basically.

The PD'S need to beef up the unsecured servers/networks..

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Anonymous is not a government organization guys. Come on I'm getting tired of seeing it.

You may not agree with what they're doing but it isn't the government out to get your freedom. You've been saying that about one thing or another for years. What bugs me is that we can't change anything because anyone who tries to change something works for the government.

Sorry guys, doesn't work like that.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Because they are doing it overtly as cowards if they would get out and start shooting like men would I would be out there with them.

start shooting like men would I would be out there with them.

....seriously..i mean wow..seriously

Ok, so in order to be a real man, you have to shoot people ?

ATS need some brain surgeons, fast

Yet another moronic move by these Cowards. I hope they are dragged on to the street and shot like the dogs they are

im just amazed

We dont need to shoot TPTB, with the infos we hold, we really dont have to .

Another simple thing if you can grasp the concept

Why killing people who oppress you, when you can destroy thems with the infos they hold against the citizens ?
Why i would risk my life in jail because i murdered someone from the Gov ?

Nah, we know where to dig and know where to find the juicy files they're keeping from citizens.

So, know it, we dont need to shoot people to feel like "real mens"
You call Anons 37 year old virgins , do you feel unsafe in your virility maybe ?

now go polish your rifle and have fun citizen, sleep safe and sound, the gov protect you.

edit on 6-8-2011 by AnonymousVan because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2011 by AnonymousVan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

This anti sec's MO. Busting the security of institutions that should have the highest web security. Anonymous would be the movement you were confusing.

Yes I confused the two.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join