It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God Consciousness or Love or What?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I hear this being repeated by a lot of people that God is consciousness. If you are one that believes this, why do you believe it? Have you ever experienced love as transcendent?

When people die and have a near-death experience, they usually describe God as love. So do you agree? Have you ever experienced consciousness as transcendent?

Or is God both or something else?

Skeptics need not reply.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
people always want to make sense out of things. meaning out of chaos. my theory is:
the early man witnessed many things, normal to us now, that he couldn't comprehend.
early man: (looking at something amazing and unbelievable, like lightning) whoa! what just hapenned?
early woman: that's a lightni-
early man: go in the kitchen!
(later)
early man: (looks at a human( lets call him adam) who can make fire, tries do it himself but fails) maybe he did that flash and *roar* before.
early woman: no that was a lig-
(later adam saves early man from big beast using fire)
early man: he my saviour. he protect. i worship him now!
early woman: (creates a fire) even i can do thi-
edit on 6-8-2011 by DoctorSatan because: smiley error

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
i think god, or as i call destiny-powers, decides for example: that you came into existence, what diseases you will have, when you will die, when you fall in love, when you have a good idea, what you like and what you do not like..... etc.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
i think god, or as i call destiny-powers, decides for example: that you came into existence, what diseases you will have, when you will die, when you fall in love, when you have a good idea, what you like and what you do not like..... etc.

So you don't believe in free will?

Wouldn't make much of an experience for him if he already knew the outcome.

Personally, I think it goes deeper. I think we have free will and he knows where each action will lead. He is aware of all the possibilities.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”
God is the ultimate reality, the absolute and infinitely complex.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThisIsMyName

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”
God is the ultimate reality, the absolute and infinitely complex.

I agree to a point. But why do people describe love as being at the end of the tunnel. Why do people refer to consciousness as God. The God you are referring to seems external, even in the hereafter to an extent.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

The word consciousness means, to me, awareness, to be aware one needs to be in the waking state. In deep sleep the is no consciousness, no awareness. In dreaming state and waking state there is consciousness, awareness.
Awareness is what we are essentially. We are conscious that we are conscious, but only while conscious.
In deep sleep we are not aware that we are. There is no identiy.
This no identity is God.
Out of that void of no 'thingness' appearances appear and are seen.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

in my opinion, we are talking about a non-human being(?) or entity(?), thats why i wouldnt see any gender of god. if you say he/him you suggest a male (with genitals?).
this free will is complicated, because if an infant dies in an accident, it wasnt will or guilt that killed. it probably was gods will.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
"People always want to make sense out of things."

I believe the statement applies to modern man since we have this mysterious case of amnesia we think we have to map everything, name everything....... Early man was in harmony with the universe. maybe not "all" of man, but I believe at one point in time all knowledge was encoded within 'instinct', something happen like a solar storm or something that has to do with magnetism erased our memories which produced a condition where conciousness(sp??) developed . Just a theory, now back to the topic.

God doesn't choose your diseases, you choose that with free-will. Dis-ease is the misuse of the body which results in death. Yep I said it, death isn't even a natural part of our cycle. We can ascend or transcend but 'death', the concept really has no weight.
Free-will. You are free to do your will. Meaning you may be a born painter and maybe you are suppose interpret something and translate it into a painting which may offer a 'light' to people. But this painting can be made a 4 years old, or 90, you are free to do your will, but there is still a mutual contract that is made to meet the needs of the universe.

Your title is somewhat correct in my humble opinion. "God" as most people call 'it', is love. Without love, without love, everything is lifeless. I came across this saying and it took me a while to figure it out.
God is why.

"God is the ultimate reality, the absolute and infinitely complex."
..so true, but one thing I have NEVER heard anyone mention, so called "god" is self-sustaining, Lord of the worlds, that quote is found in the Qu'ran and the Bible. If one was to break that statement down it would suggest "God" is NOT confined nor did he originate within our universe or reality nor does he need it to survive. In my humble opinion his home is in whatever system or universe that supports this one or all of the 'worlds'. In so many words he went to an empty room, took this device he had been working on for about 5 eternities and lit the fuse, now we have a universe......That we will NEVER be able to see out of, at least 'as a human'. I would compare it to an intelligent fish in the sea that will never understand the wars of modern man. But to dive further into my analogy, there is enough evidence to suggest, somewhere in remote past, humans did dwell in the sea. So...............the best way to study or to know God is to "know thyself". His ( which is an extension of us) fingerprint is found in love, truth, justice.......and the most recent and prominent fingerprint, the Human experience which embodies every element, concept, and Idea in the universe.
Peace.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I love this kind of post because by seeing other people's insights I am able to expand my own.

Itisnowagain describes consciousness really well, awareness. [In my own words] Becoming 'aware' of God you realize your relation to him and become aware of something that is beyond our 'immediate' reality (which tends to be described as an illusion). "This no identity is God. Out of that void of no 'thingness' appearances appear and are seen." Can you see how this relates to meditation?

The God to which I refer is external only to perception, that is, if you are not aware of God then in you're perception God is something external. To become aware of God and 'accept him into your heart,' you are realizing your connection to the divine.

I am trying to think of a way to put the connection between pure awareness of God and love into words, I will get back to that later. Maybe someone else can enlighten us.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Become aware of awareness and you will know God is love.
Look at you looking at the world through a clear window.
See you, feel you feeling the world.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
Become aware of awareness and you will know God is love.
Look at you looking at the world through a clear window.
See you, feel you feeling the world.

Beautiful. Very true.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
These Youtube talks were shared on another thread with a similar question--- Go listen to this. I think you find some answers to your questions by this guy William Samuel. He really helps explain a lot about how God and God's Awareness is the basis, the foundation from which all things 'arise'---

Thank you Isitnowagain! You got it! and say it very well! Big Love, to all---

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

if you really like his message you hear on Youtube--- Then you should read the last book he wrote; The Child Within Us Lives! A Synthesis of Science, Religion and Metaphysics. This book is the Ultimate Guide to Understanding 'who we are' and why we are here experiencing this time-space tangible seeming duality --- It is the most brilliant book, you will be amazed--It is prophetic too, he knew these days of upheaval were coming (he wrote the book in 1986). and he writes about it in that book.

The Child Within Us Lives! is available on Amazon---

You can read excerpts from his books on his website www.williamsamuel.com

Love, SweetMystery
edit on 6-8-2011 by Sweetmystery because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
God is Everything, for everything in this spatial dimension that you can see and even kNot see, is God's Mind.

God is always inside WE and WE are always inside God, for God is ONE and the Center of the Universe and Everything is God and WE are ONE with God, so WE are also at the Center of the Universe, no matter where WE are and including the fact WE are stuck in the Middle of time forever, then . . . .

"WE are Inside Everything and Everything is Inside WE, all the while being stuck in the Middle of Time at the Center of the Universe for an Eternity." - Old Toad Proverb

Ribbit

top topics

join