It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome Music From A Different Era

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Hey, I have a lot of thoughts on music, mostly that we have kind of lost good music in the world. Music seemed to be more free in the past. Elvis kind of started things I am thinking. With the radical changes happening in the 60s, Jimi Hendrix emerged. I think Jimi was like an alien abductee, but someone put on this earth to play guitar in an extraordinary way. The late 60s of his era had so much good music, everybody was in the game and everyone was free. The musical freedom in my opinion lasted on through the century, molded and changed in various ways. People seemed free also in their self expression, which portrayed in the music. This seemed to stop at the new millenium. For a while I thought this was because of computers, that people were in a new age and everything was more visual and electronic. Now its funny but I think it is possible that the reason why America had such good music from the 60s through the 90s was because aliens were living there.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
How dare you even MENTION Jimi Hendrix and then post this crap video?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

I think you may have had a malformed link or some similar technical difficulty in posting your video.

Try this one...

Glad to be of help.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

You guys just made me remember that I have a LIVE version of Jimi playing "3rd Stone from the sun"
somewhere. The feedback manipulation is just like the studio version. It is incredible. True artists can
deliver live. Unlike so many "entertainers" of today who rely heavily on studio electronic enhancement
of their mediocre skills to pull it off. Anyway, now I'll have to spend the rest of the weekend looking for
that rare recording. Speaking of live music, I'll be performing this evening. We'll play a tune for Jimi.
Out of respect.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Thanks,

The user didn't let his videos be embedded. I love Jimi Hendrix, I learned how to play the guitar withe my teeth when I was really young, mimicing Jimi Hendrix and his moves. I have seen him on numerous VHS video tapes and heard many of his performance recordings.

I can see the uniqueness of other music like the video I posted, the feeling or the era. Some people may not like some music based on culture, but the whole thing with aliens visiting us and our evolution changing in these ways, it is definetely a theory I have.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Bill Hicks beat you to the "Hendrix was an alien" bit by a couple decades.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by HenryTwoTimes

Bill Hicks, lyrical inspiration behind another modern classic and an ATS member favorite....

(rumour has it the "Arizona Bay" chorus line was first born as a Bill Hicks bit)

Edit: Some strong language
edit on 6-8-2011 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
When you said a different era I thought we were ready to toss in some Al Jolson.

Now this is awesome music from a different era.

new topics

top topics

join