It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru - an illusion?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by ChaosMagician

I just answered you yet again.

I really do hope that you are capable of understanding things one day.

Thanks for reinforcing the fact that you made everything up and are still balking.

When you find yourself in a hole stop digging.

BTW, anyone got any ideas on the possibility of changing the rotational orientation if a large object passes by?

you are just proving something about this forum, because you cannot possibly be that blind.

I clearly just told you the answer multiple times.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

The Sumerian records contain myths. Call them what you wish: fiction, myths, or whatever. They are not necessarily historical accounts.

Let us look real hard at this for a second. Let me see, we have High Priests and Scribes from the very first civilization on Earth, carving the Cuniform language onto clay tablets. And you think they were writing fiction? How can you come to this conclusion, if I may ask? Does any culture in history sit around and write down fiction for future generations to read and have a big laugh?

I will tell you plainly what the Ancient Sumerians were writing. They were writing their history, what they saw, heard, and experienced. Sitchen is not the one who came up with the story, the Ancient Sumerian People were, when they recorded their history in the fist place.

Sumerian History

Ancient Sumeria

Cuneiform Writing

ENUMA ELISH

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Does any culture in history sit around and write down fiction for future generations to read and have a big laugh?

So Icarus and Daedalus actually flew on wings of wax? Perseus actually slew Medusa? Loki actually got impregnated by a horse and then gave birth to an eight-legged rainbow horse? Every culture writes down their myths and beliefs. Does that mean they actually happened? No. It is just their way of trying to explain things that they don't understand.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

They were writing their history, what they saw, heard, and experienced. Sitchen is not the one who came up with the story, the Ancient Sumerian People were, when they recorded their history in the fist place.

First, we must remember that prose was not invented till writing was over a thousand years old. We think of writing and writing prose to be the same, but that is our modern thinking.

Second, when people record myths they are not recording history as Xcaliber254 so skillfully pointed out.

Third, Sitchin's writings are not translations from Sumer. They are modern fiction he created.
edit on 19-8-2011 by stereologist because: fixed formatting

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Mod Note

Please discuss the topic and not each other.

Any further off-topic posts will be subject to action.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join