It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the world's secret services lacking in the "brains department"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I think the problem is generally that "employees" of secret services are picked out of academic establishments for their academic strengths - Oxford and Cambridge types to be precise.

Now, in my diverse experience I have noted many times that academic types tend to be a bit lacking in the common sense department, i.e. the more practical side of things; like Mr Bean recently trashing his formula 1 car, hmmmm!

The crux of the matter is that the many blunders of not covering tracks and utter fiascos like the hoax assassination of OBL and the lousy cover up job over 9/11, etc, etc, are both an embarrassment to civilization and just plain stupid. Only a fool kills his own and blows up his own collateral

I think TPTB think we are all actually more stupid than we are. I can clearly understand why they might under-estimate the basic intellect of the mobs and masses, owing to their blind willingness to carry on like zombies controlled by Dr. Strange, but they have under-estimated too much and it just looks very very very STUPID.

Silly Secret Services. I really don't think there is any point in you existing covertly because everyone KNOWS what you do already and how you do it. Like a burglar wearing a bright pink outfit.

edit on 6-8-2011 by Revolution9 because: punctuation

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Silly Secret Services. I really don't think there is any point in you existing covertly because everyone KNOWS what you do already and how you do it. Like a burglar wearing a bright pink outfit.

Everyone thinks they know.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

I don't know. Dropping tower 7 with all that information and incriminating evidence was not all that stupid.
Now nobody can be held accountable and we don't look as bad as we are for what we have done. Dirt is all under the rug now. Just don't try rolling around on the floors or eating off them and we will be fine.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Only a fool kills his own and blows up his own collateral

They ain't a fool and the public is not their own. Bush's biggest success was making people think he was stupid. There is a world war going on but it is not about east v west or Muslim v Christian but the corporation v individual.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev

Only a fool kills his own and blows up his own collateral

They ain't a fool and the public is not their own. Bush's biggest success was making people think he was stupid. There is a world war going on but it is not about east v west or Muslim v Christian but the corporation v individual.

I think that is where the war is, too. That is the only war I am fighting.
Good commentary there! Thank you.

I just had to vent off a little steam earlier. It all gets a bit much sometimes!

join