It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to make a lamborghini countach replica car how could I go about doing that?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
-How do you order the parts?
-How much would it cost?
-Can I get an actual v-12 as opposed to using a 4cyl or even an 8
-Would I need a garage or could it be done in the drive way?
-How do you lift an engine block? Does that require some type of fork lift or crane?
-Are these cars street legal?

Thanks for the info.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
If you need to ask then you shouldn't be doing it.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by wrksstudios

haha it hilarious to see that reply here since i see it the forum i frequent a lot.

anyway, as to the op's question, that is a huge amount of info you dont seem to know. why dont you just do google searches and study study studay. im sure you can find replica parts around but the oem ones are probably going to cost you big time. a whole v12? do you have deep pockets?
edit on 8/6/2011 by homeskillet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The fist question you have to ask yourself is how much time and money you want to spend on this project, and how much perfection you want in your replica.

This guy did it in 17 years.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
First of all best of to luck with you.
I also must suggest, that although this is an automotive forum, its not really the best place for advice on such a job.
And you seem to have a basic knowledge of mechanics (no offence intended) i.e you will most certainly need an engine crane/hoist or some sort of pulley and chain system.

lmgtfy.com...
edit on 6-8-2011 by matt86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
In the 90's you could get a Ferrari Testarossa replica kit that fits onto a Ford Fiero auto frame and runs a 5.0 liter motor. The only real legit replicas available today are Shelby Cobras. Countache sounds like a waste of money - and it'll never sound like one. I can always tell the knockoffs - I see the real thing every day in my neighborhood.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychoacoustic1
In the 90's you could get a Ferrari Testarossa replica kit that fits onto a Ford Fiero

That Ford Fiero wasn't nearly as good handling as the Pontiac Fiero.

I think you meant Pontiac.

To the OP sorry kid but if you do not know if you need an engine hoist or not or if you need a garage or not you should maybe learn to work on cars first, or at least know your way around enough that you understand whats entailed in a hand built Auto.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Originally posted by psychoacoustic1
In the 90's you could get a Ferrari Testarossa replica kit that fits onto a Ford Fiero

That Ford Fiero wasn't nearly as good handling as the Pontiac Fiero.

I think you meant Pontiac.

To the OP sorry kid but if you do not know if you need an engine hoist or not or if you need a garage or not you should maybe learn to work on cars first, or at least know your way around enough that you understand whats entailed in a hand built Auto.

A simple "I don't know" would have sufficed.

new topics

top topics

join