It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear Mongering

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Hello!

Ok so i see a lot of posts describing Alex Jones and other conspiracy theorists as 'fear mongerers' and i want to ask why, why call them that?

If you really have a bit of common sense you would realise that by just informing people does not do a lot if you already have a reputation as a conspiracy theorist. Take these two examples of a news:

"Oh by the way we are slowly being poisoned by fluoride in our water"
and
"We are slowly being poisoned by the fluoride in our water people, act now, do not believe what they tell you because it does not stop dental decay!"

Which one do you think would get the most atention? My bet is on the second one because if you tell people something like something of an addition that is uninteresting they will just forget it in a matter of minutes but if you really mean it and you show them proof and act concerned and paniced you will get more atention.

So this so called fear mongering is a good technique to get people's atention to you and to get your message across, so think next time when you post things like that.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
because if you are scared enough, you will buy the snake oil to protect yourself from any harm.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

Inciting fear is not a good way to get a message across at all.

Fear is borne out of ignorance.

A fear monger relies on this ignorance to purvey their message/agenda.

How is that a good thing?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Alex Jones, David Icke and all the others are just salesmen really.

The are selling conspiracy theories and like all good salesmen, they are merely focusing on the things that will grab people's attention. Have you noticed that they always have a book or DVD to sell? With Alex Jones it's his website and his broadcasts.

I think the above do genuinely believe in the majority of their conspiracy theories, but once you see that they are trying to make a profit from it, you also see the their agenda.

I believe that we are being lied to, manipulated and set up for something BIG, but do your own research, don't be frightened by what is happening, just be informed and make you own mind up on what is happening.

Fear mongering will never get the people to see the BIG picture, it will just divide them and all the while whatever the plans are, they will come to fruition.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

and
"We are slowly being poisoned by the fluoride in our water people, act now, do not believe what they tell you because it does not stop dental decay!"

Which one do you think would get the most atention? My bet is on the second one because if you tell people something like something of an addition that is uninteresting they will just forget it in a matter of minutes but if you really mean it and you show them proof and act concerned and paniced you will get more atention.

Fear mongering is all about getting attention, isn't it? Both examples you give are fear mongering, because they both claim that water flouridation is "poisoning" us without providing any evidence. Fear mongers make no attempt to inform, only incite fear and panic. They attract a cult following who accept what they say without question. For someone like Alex Jones, that adulation appears to be enough. Others mobilize their panic stricken disciples to do their will, resulting in madness and death. Remember Heaven's Gate? It's happening all over again, people.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexIR
Hello!

Ok so i see a lot of posts describing Alex Jones and other conspiracy theorists as 'fear mongerers' and i want to ask why, why call them that?

If you really have a bit of common sense you would realise that by just informing people does not do a lot if you already have a reputation as a conspiracy theorist. Take these two examples of a news:

and

So this so called fear mongering is a good technique to get people's atention to you and to get your message across, so think next time when you post things like that.

Alex Jones is Illuminati - PERIOD

They create boogeymen so you think your a 90 pound weakling. Let me ask you, in the whole of your life, have you ever seen the Boogey Man? pssst It's GOD

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
if you live without fear....

nothing will be a problem.....

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by AlexIR

Inciting fear is not a good way to get a message across at all.

Fear is borne out of ignorance.

A fear monger relies on this ignorance to purvey their message/agenda.

How is that a good thing?

something i saw in a movie once comes to mind

Fear Is A Self Inflicted Wound. If you "beLIEve" in it, it will affect you. That's how belief systems operate. Just like any other Original OP, they affect us BEE CAUSUAL REAL I thank you

I apologize for the snippets of coding collision conflict resolution. I enjoy the game so much! I will exercise better self control when relaying an opinion.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by guessing
if you live without fear....

nothing will be a problem.....

try it out...what have you got to GAIN?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

That's why pretty much. Fear is used to incite reaction. People like Alex Jones don't remember or they don't know how to communicate with people intelligently so they try to get people to react with their primal instincts.

"OMG if this climate tax goes through the new world order will happen!"

It's all that nonsense about the AGW stuff that got me to stop listening to his show. He spends hours of his show on political propaganda when he should be fighting the new world order.

edit on 8-8-2011 by Frankidealist35 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
People like Alex Jones are targeting the niche market of uber-conspiracy theorists who need a regular doomgasm to satisfy themselves.

He fear-mongers because that will appeal to his fans/potential customer base. It's like newspapers who focus on, or exaggerate, stories which will appeal to the majority of their readership. The Daily Fail newspaper, for example, appeals to reactionary, xenophobic and paranoid types, so their paper is full of carefully worded stories which are intended to illicit a reactionary, xenophobic and paranoid response.

Alex Jones is just selling a product, and, like most other business people, consequently adjusts his output to suit his customers.

He's not credible because he sees a conspiracy-related angle on every major news story, and has trotted out many clearly erroneous interpretations of events without even later retracting his false claims.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”:
-FDR

"And spiders."
-Beezzer

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
It's also because Alex Jones and people like him spout so much stuff that is not based in any form of reality that the only conclusion is that it's being said to provoke fear. Alex Jones has been wrong on so so many issues.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join