It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to our Declaration of Independence?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
It seems that everyday I see our Declaration of Independence being stomped on and I just need to know, did I miss something somewhere?

Do we still have a Declaration of Independence in force is has that been abolished already? Because I don't remember hearing about this in the news. Maybe it was abolished before I woke up and I just don't know it or I was brain washed into not even thinking about it no more.

Does this quote from the "Declaration of Independence" mean anything to anyone out there?:

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

I dont think I should need a source for this document but I will say that I found this here

ok, let me break that down into smaller pieces.

(That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed)

Who are the governed? The people are the governed, right? So, this is telling us that the Government's power comes from the people.

"The consent of the Governed" We the people are the ones who give the government consent to do the things that they are doing. So, everything that they are doing right now that we do not like, has already been consented by us, is this not right? OR Have they overstepped their boundaries and consented among themselves without asking us, the people of the USA?

next:

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends:

What does that word mean Destructive? Has our Government become destructive to these ends? How far does our government have to go in order to be considered destructive?

next:

it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it

What rights do the people have?
Who are the people?
What does it mean to alter or abolish it and has this already happened without the peoples consent??

next:

and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

I think this has already been done under our noses. What is "super congress"? Is that our new government?

I think that we have a new government already and we don't know it.

Do we still live under the same Declaration of Independence or something else?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The Declaration is an awesome document, however(in and of itself) it has no legal power. It is not like the Constitution. There is nothing to repeal. We need a new declaration of independence from statism in general, and nanny statism specifically.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
States and Senators have pissed on it.
Congress has light it on fire.
Obama and others have stomped it out, only to whip their butt with it.

Sad day indeed.

join