It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes Republicans, there IS a global test...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by beansanmash
reply to post by beezzer

Almost all of the spending done under Obama has been to try and correct damage that Bush did. What can't people understand that.

Nothing like the old "Spend your way out of debit" mentality to save the day....

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by beansanmash

with the amount of money that they've used to try to correct the problem (both bush and obama) they could have paid for every mortgage in the country....
no more bad mortgages,
no more toxic assetts for fannie to buy off the banks....happy investors, reitrement funds, locval school districts, ect.. in better shape than they are now, not to mention poor iceland!!!
no more international panic as the credit system freezes up...
people have more money, are spending more, economy booming, jobs galore...

instead, we got this.....
till they address those toxic assetts, instead of sweeping them under the rug, well, this mess is only gonna get bigger and bigger....
the too big to fails should have been allowed to faill, the mortgages and the "assetts" that were created from those mortgages have the smell of fraud seeping from every angle!!
it would have cost us less to just make those bad assett good, by the gov't paying off all the mortgages in the country than having them come back to those too big to fails, oh, we ain't never gonna let them fail, the taxpayer will pick up the tab for them to buy back!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tdponder
This situation started when Congress signed the federal Reserve act in 1913. its been coming for a long time, Republicans and Democrats alike are to blame for this situation. you can point to one instance of a republican making stupid mistakes, but you can point to many done across the isle as well. basically getting a new credit card to pay off one that is at its limit is to blame.

Peace

Yes, that's EXACTLY correct, and way to cut through all the bull!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
There is no such creature as a democrat, republican, or other in Washington, DC. They are all actors playing a part folks. We are victims of the biggest and oldest con game on the planet.

Everything that is happening is by design.

Everything they tell you is a lie. Anything resembling the truth that comes out of their mouths is only so you will continue to believe the previous lies, and the ones following.

These creatures could care less about you, me, or the country. They only care about furthering an agenda that eventually gives them ownership of the whole planet, including the people living on it. And they will do ANYTHING to get what they want.

Including the murder of billions of people if that's what it takes.

Stop letting these imposters dictate and program how you think and feel. Stop helping them accomplish their end game by taking sides against each other.

Their biggest fear is that the American people might see through the veil and unite against them as one with a common goal.

Not that it's ever going to happen. It isn't. But they still fear it.
edit on 8/6/2011 by Klassified because: Correction

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by Janky Red

reply to post by beezzer

Not defending Obama...

I am fighting your grandstanding and lies

Just because I don't like Obama's policies, doesn't mean I like your policies anymore

Especially since all of you enlightened folks are the ones who looked the other way for nearly a decade
without a peep.

and now...

edit on 6-8-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

Without a peep???
Surely you jest.

Bush's spending was outrageous, Clinton was a joke and Obama is just compounding the issue.

Do you think we would be in this station had you and TEA party taken the same approach at this point in 2003?

No

There would have been too many of us complaining...

Now, I am not even sure

You work on the false premise that the Tea Party backs, or would back Bush.

They would not.

So when Rick Perry is elected President, you and the TEA party are going to ride him like a pony?

I do believe I believe I will see a flying monkey more than the thought of such a dynamic
edit on 6-8-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Asked who was to blame, Chambers said, "This is a problem that's been a long time in the making -- well over this administration, the prior administration."

Congress should shoulder some of the blame, he said. "The first thing it could have done is to have raised the debt clinging in a timely manner so that much of this debate had been avoided to begin with, as it had done 60 or 70 times since 1960 without that much debate."

Hmmm, I wonder who's payroll chambers and the whole s & p are on? To so blindly over look the mad spending spree obama went on his first two years in office thanks to the dems being in control of both the House and the Senate. That had nothing to do with where we are? So once again obama gets a pass on taking any blame for anything.
And yeah, lets blame congress now that the Republicans are in control just before elections good timing don't you think? Congress . . this congress were all in favor of wanting to control spending, but every time they brough up a balanced budget amendment before any talk of raising the debt ceiling who shot it down? obama.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I feel like this whole Republican v Democrat thing is getting very old.

Obama is just as much to blame as Bush jr who is just as much to blame as Clinton who is just as much to blame as Bush Senior, who is just as much to blame as Reagan, who is just as much to blame as Carter who is just as much to blame as Ford who is just as much to blame as Nixon who is just as much to blame as Johnson.

I will stop there, Kennedy tried to give the baseless currency some competition, Eisenhower warned us of the Military industrial complex.

US debt has been rising quickly since the early 70's

Johnson - Obama all had their hands in this mess. All of them have a certain level of corruption and bowing to corporate interest over the interest of the people. All of them had their own reasons for making horrible lasting decisions.

As long as a democrat or republican politician can get away with saying "not me, them, blame them" we will keep getting the theater in D.C.

This whole thing is just about playing the blame game. Guess what? Both democrats and Republicans are to blame. Both had their hand in creating this massive debt black hole.

With daily payments of $100 million going directly to principal with no interest being charged it would take 383.5 years to pay back $14 trillion. Raising taxes won't do it, cutting spending won't do it.

This is a debt black hole. There is no return. There is no paying it down "over the long run" Both parties are to blame. The wall street corrupted Democrats or the Banker corrupted Republicans. Take your pick, just the right and left arm of the corporate controlled USA. Of the corporations, by the corporations, for the corporations.

Heck, corporations even have the same rights as a Natural Born Person? WTF?

Democrats, republicans aren't the enemy, they want prosperity for the country, just like you.
Republicans, democrats are not the enemy, they want prosperity, just like you.

The enemy is the propaganda and the corrupted politicians that are the source. The enemy is the large, well connected corporations.

Our bureaucratic system is full of corporate interest. Corporations write the law and corporate controlled politicians vote on them.

They are the enemy. All this in-fighting over who to blame is misplaced anger. When we team up to fight the source, we may actually get a better country.

edit on 6-8-2011 by sageofmonticello because: To avoid the grammar police

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Yes, so you remember! If you screw up,. the S&P will be right there to bump your credit rating from perfect, to next to perfect...... I am sure the US Congress is worried.

Don't get me wrong though.. At least some one is doing something. That is more than most can say.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
When Obama campaigned, he won because he had some very good, straight forward ideas as to how to approach the economic and social problems that challenge not just the US, but the world. Investment in new industries, with an environmental focus. A pull back from global policing, and a balance of fair and reasonable taxation with progressive social programs.

The problem is that once in power instead of implimenting what he was elected for, regardless of media and republican protest. He has watered down his stand on almost every promis he made in the name of compromise and re-election in 2012.

The healthcare reform, management of the wars, and the most recent debt debate are perfect examples of this. Even repealing the bush tax cuts, which was part of his campaign promises fell through.

So in the end Obama is to blame, not for his beliefs in how to approach the current problems, but his inability to follow through with his word and do what he said he would do. Unfortunatly he has proven to be like all the rest on both sides of the debate. Concrened with his job, and re-election. Instead of doing the right thing, even if it meant being a one term president.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

S & P did the downgrade because Democrats and Republicans alike were unwilling to wean themselves from the teat of massive government spending. If it weren't for the Tea Party, I seriously doubt both parties would have even attempted the puny cuts they did. The Tea Party was the only major group really interested in getting the budget under control in a meaningful way, instead of using smoke and mirrors and kicking the can down the road like both parties did. As far as I am concerned, both parties failed America. We pay these officials to make the difficult decisions and all they do is hem and haw and do half measures. No one has the political guts to do what really needs to be done.

Next election, we need to get the gutless officials out of office.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

But its true. It was the Bush admin that got us in this mess. Not Obama.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
I think the tea party played a big role in the downgrade with there reckless handling of the debt ceiling. You want to cut spending thats fine but do it responsibly, the game of chicken that was played by the tea party was not only immature but very damaging to business confidence aswell.

Excuse me, but the Tea Party people had the only real written down plan that would work. The S&P did what they did because our Legislature didn't do ENOUGH to shrink our Govt. budget and deficit. Both Parties advocated half measures instead of the dramatic cuts that needed to be done. It's not the Tea Party's fault for that, it's the mainstream Democrats and Republicans. They wussed out when it came time to be the bearer of bad news, that we just can't keep spending what we are.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by beezzer

But its true. It was the Bush admin that got us in this mess. Not Obama.

Yep, him and Cheney..

They figured this out while they were roasting babies on an open fire spit.
That was after they took away Grandma's home.

But, thank god Obama got here , just in time to spend us out of this mess.

Oh crap, that didn't work either.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420

Republicans, Democrats, Teaparty...didn't matter, none were willing to compromise for the betterment of the US as a whole. All were far too interested in trying to blame the others.

How many time, for each party, did the representative leaders (Obama/Boehner) blame past leaders of the other guys party over this whole ordeal? Why did this debt ceiling negotiation become a gong show, when countless others have gone so smoothly?

Everybody on that damned hill took part in this and deserves blame in this.

Pretty much sums it up. I would say however that the compromise they did come up with was about 1/3 of what they actually had to do to prevent this downgrade. The sad thing is: a.) either they had no clue that they didn't do enough to prevent the S&P downgrade or b.) they knew it wasn't enough and still just did that pitiful deal. Either way, they all look like clueless idiots. Vote them out when we get the chance.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The Obama circle jerk is that way-------------------------------->

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

most likely that balance budget ammendment would have a clause in it concerning national emergencies and WARS!! how many wars are we in at the moment, I count FIVE!!
you go, look through history and find a time when this country was fighting a war that it wasn't borrowing out the arse to fund it!!
a balanced budget ammendment wouldn't have any immediate effect on the spending, since we have the wars, outside of the fact that it could very well encourage congress to keep the wars they have, or start new ones, because the main purpose of congress is TO SPEND MONEY!! and as we all can see, they've gotten real good at their job!!
am I the only one wondering if maybe this downgrade itself was a political play by one party or another???

edit on 6-8-2011 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This isn't a football game...my team versus your team, your guy versus my guy. Don't be deluded into blaming Bush, or Obama, for that matter or Clinton...or Bush 1. This system is broken, all that class warfare BS is only a distraction.

50% of the people in this nation do not financially support their Federal Government and yet contunually demand increasing levels of services and benefits from this same government. 10% of the people provide 80% of the financial support to the government and yet are asked to pay their "fair share". What a freaking sham.

The truth is that the redistributive wealth and centralized planning culture that has infected our Federal Government is collapsing our society. It can't work, it has never worked and it will lead to complete loss of liberty and eventually enslavement. Why should anyone be forced to buy a product or service, i.e. Federal governance, that simply does not work.

The Federal government could collapse and Washington D.C. disappear and after a couple weeks of chaos as the beast screamed as it died we out here in the real America would find a way, take care of our own and go on. So I ask again, why do we allow them to destroy our society without accountability and why are you so focused on sending them more money....even if it isn't yours?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Yep, him and Cheney..

Thank god the tax cuts for billionaires worked so well too

How do you survive the quarters raining from the sky upon your head?

Are you mad at Obama for not saving you enough?

Should he go to your house and personally carry you back to lair in hell where you will be safe?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Yep, him and Cheney..

Thank god the tax cuts for billionaires worked so well too

How do you survive the quarters raining from the sky upon your head?

Are you mad at Obama for not saving you enough?

Should he go to your house and personally carry you back to lair in hell where you will be safe?

Again, you must have missed that memo.

I don't need the Govt to survive. Nor do I depend on it either. I'm not a Liberal.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Here is some of what I would do.
1. I would start drilling in our own country.
2. I would make fair trade balance a must.
3. 15% Budget cut across the board. (except number 4)
4. 20% budget cut on black ops projects.
5. Limit the amount of items you can put in a bill.
6. All negotiations with lobbyist are recorded between lobbyist and congress.
7. Cut the national gas tax in half.
8. Remove those 9000 laws that Obama has passed through the EPA on business.
edit on 6-8-2011 by professornurbs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join