It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes Republicans, there IS a global test...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

hey, you buy the tar, and I'll get the feathers, we can go to washington and make ourselves some chickens to run out of the white house and capitol building.....
but, well, we will still be in that ditch with no obvious way out!!

you do realize that when you say get out of the car and walk, you are saying, let's ditch the economy, right???

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Wow, I didn't realize that the S&P report was only ONE paragraph..Even with how little of the report is published here, YOU chose to disregard all criticism of the current administration (including congress) and focus on ONE paragraph. Apparently this Hopey Changey thing is working for you.

Before the flames come on, No, I do NOT absolve Bush or Clinton of wrong-doing either. (no, Clinton did NOT have a budget surplus)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Let me guess, you were the one reporting that sighting of the "No Monkeys" sign at the Tea party rally.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Let me guess, you were the one reporting that sighting of the "No Monkeys" sign at the Tea party rally.

Are you thread jumping????

I have to go get something done today. Rock on.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire
The trick isn't over yet, but it soon will be.

What happens when it is over?

Personally I think there is intent to equalize the world economy - - but that's getting into One World Federation territory.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Weren't Tea Party representatives just representing the views of their membership? That is what you expect from your representatives, for them to vote on your behalf. I may not agree with what the Tea Party stand for but, placing the sole blame on the Tea Party is a bit desperate. I blame a weak president who has no back bone who capitulated to the Republicans. Anyway it's about time to give up the blame game. It's not going to get you out of this mess.
edit on 6-8-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by macman

Are you thread jumping????

I have to go get something done today. Rock on.

Yep, bouncy bouncy!!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I think the tea party played a big role in the downgrade with there reckless handling of the debt ceiling. You want to cut spending thats fine but do it responsibly, the game of chicken that was played by the tea party was not only immature but very damaging to business confidence aswell.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

You may have missed my analogy.

I meant let's find a path (solution) out of this mess.

I know it will not happen overnight. It is always easier to destroy than build, but until people can see a plan and where it leads to, things will not be getting better anytime soon.

I am starting to think that maybe we do need another massive depression or even maybe war on our soil...just to wake people up out of their 30 second sound bite attitude.

Can ya tell I'm starting to get frustrated?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

There is no intent to equalize the global economy.

Proof is already in the pudding.

If the goal was equalization, the administration would have let it collapse at the bailout stage. This dragout has cost the rich (and ultra rich), who would be the beneficiaries of a equalized global economy, far more money than it has made them.

This credit down rating has most likely cost some of them more than all of our lifetime wages combined.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by beezzer

Evidently you didn't read the words of the guy from S&P... he clearly stated the reasons... and they weren't Obamas policies...

He pointed to the decision by Congress about whether to extend the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts as one crucial area. "If you let them lapse for the high-income earners, that could give you another $950 billion," he said.

You really should read the full OP and reflect before posting
edit on 6-8-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

So tell me, why should i believe anything this guy says? And to say obama is not to blame is foolish and you are a fool for believing it

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
I think the tea party played a big role in the downgrade with there reckless handling of the debt ceiling. You want to cut spending thats fine but do it responsibly, the game of chicken that was played by the tea party was not only immature but very damaging to business confidence aswell.

Tea Party did not handle the debt ceiling. In fact, they were not in charge.
I do believe that the Executive Branch and half of the Legislative is controlled by the Dems.
Obama could have acted in many ways to try to avoid this. Instead, they used it as a game.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Its not about dem and rep anymore it is about our country which both parties destroyed. BOTH parties, get it, BOTH. Were 15 trillion dolars in debt that means we are BROKE, get it, BROKE. Who cares anymore what the S&P guy said. The only ones who can clean up this mess is us, the American people and we cant do that if people like you are going to try and keep this great country DIVIDED. Remember united we stand, divided we fall, and right now we are falling at a fast rate. Blaming a stupid person for being stupid is just stupid itself. There plenty of stupid going around in D.C., they have cornered the market on that commodity.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog

It was the WH that was playing chicken & not the Tea Party, All Obama did was tell the Republicans to come up with something & then Obama would then reject the Republican bill. All obama cares about is making the Republican party look bad instead of doing his job.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
reply to post by Annee

There is no intent to equalize the global economy.

I stated that was NWO thinking. Its just a personal opinion.

I also asked a question. Please focus on the question.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Sorry about that. Thoughts are going through fine, fingers are not putting it down.

What happens when it is over?

Well, if the rich get their way, it will be continuously shored up and will never be over.

If the people get their way, the true levels of debt and spending will be outed, the US will get downgraded further, interest rates on debt (not savings) will increase and limited economic collapse will occur. Then the rebuilding stage begins and a new system can be put into place. The new system could be better, worse, or equal to the existing system and we play the game agian.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Honestly, what have the Democrat ATS membership been smoking lately.

It is the problem of both parties that placed the states in the mess it has been. Also, there is no getting out of this situation, it is too far gone.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

That maybe true but the credit rating debacle has to do with the 2 Trillion dollar mistake that the white house made on their budget. S&P tried to warn the white house that their revenue earnigs where off by 2 Trillion but it fell on deaf ears.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Almost all of the spending done under Obama has been to try and correct damage that Bush did. What can't people understand that.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Oh, Gosh....I don't know what to say...facepalm perhaps?
Looking at things from over the Pond I find both parties guilty, but mostly Blame goes on Republicans...
Tax Cuts, Irak, Afghanistan...etc...
Democrats just got tired of fixing all the mistakes Republicans are making and decided to enact just few policies of theirs, which in my opinion were long overdue (healthcare reform anyone?)
Why I'm blaming mostly Republicans? Well, last time Democrats were playing nicely and what happened? Thanks to Clinton there were actually surplus in Budget. What republicans did? They went on unimaginable spending spree...
Thou actually to be honest it's good that Republicans are in power once in a while because, they always are more active in Foreign Policy and thus we here in Europe benefit more, for example... you Yankees defend our asses and we save money thanks to that, thus we can spend it on social wealthfare projects instead of defense.... Also thanks to stricter regulation on the long run we don't have as bad economic situation as you even thou MSM my paint different picture....
edit on 6-8-2011 by SpeDeZo because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2011 by SpeDeZo because: Sorry about this rant, but

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join