It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Shouldn't we have had a huge earthquake by now?

page: 4
8
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse
 



If you can accept that Telluric Currents are influenced by solar activity, and we know for a fact that Telluric currents do affect the oceans, and in general the atmosphere, the lithosphere and mantle are affected by such Telluric Currents, then logic would tell you that solar activity does influence the Earth's atmosphere, the lithosphere and the mantle.


Why do you keep setting up that strawman? Obviously, the Sun affects every aspect of life on Earth.


I showed more than just the Russian paper, and they do show causality when changes in the telluric currents, and for example ULF magnetic field emissions occur BEFORE seismic/volcanic events.


Post hoc ergo propter hoc. The ULF magnetic field emissions are probably caused by the deformation of the lithosphere, not the other way around.


Also if you want to claim there is no correlation perhaps you should point out these discrepancies.








www.isfep.com...

Note the year 1940. If the geomagnetic variation were due to solar activity, why would Austria be showing less activity than China or Japan? Although there does appear to be a superficial 11 year cycle, it is dangerous to conclude that this is in some way related to the sunspot cycle; there have been many false positives. There is clearly a connection between telluric currents and localized magnetic fields, and a correlation between localized magnetic fields and earthquakes. There is nothing to suggest that it is the telluric currents that are driving tectonic activity, however. Tectonic activity is probably altering the telluric currents due to piezoelectric effects.




posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse
 



BTW, I wouldn't call telluric currents, or hurricanes, or the Sun, or other cosmic events as "little things" thou.


Just joshin. It was a turn of phrase.

fyi - I don't think seismic, atomic or other testing are "little things" either.



posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
its just another manic monday



posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

Why do you keep setting up that strawman? Obviously, the Sun affects every aspect of life on Earth.


On many ways, and we have been discovering things that we never thought possible. What I said it is not a strawman. The strawman is to actually reach a completely different conclusion than the several research work I showed you and present no real evidence of why your conclusion must be right, more so when you can't even understand that the strenght of the earth's magnetic field is not stable all over the world and the strength of a cme can also vary in different regions of the cme.



Originally posted by DJW001

Post hoc ergo propter hoc. The ULF magnetic field emissions are probably caused by the deformation of the lithosphere, not the other way around.


Not when ULF magnetic field anomalies have been noted hours, days and even months BEFORE we got any readings of any movement or earthquakes. SOME of the ULF magnetic anomalies are probably caused by the rock formation stress induced piezoelectric effect.







www.isfep.com...


Originally posted by DJW001
Note the year 1940. If the geomagnetic variation were due to solar activity, why would Austria be showing less activity than China or Japan?


Because the strength of the Earth's magnetic field is not stable all over the world first of all, it varies in strength from region to region, and second of all even the strength of cmes varies in different areas of the cme.

If let's say the magnetic field of the Earth around some regions of Austria is weaker a cme directed to those areas will have more effect than if the cme hits areas where the Earth's magnetic field is stronger in say Japan.




Originally posted by DJW001
Although there does appear to be a superficial 11 year cycle, it is dangerous to conclude that this is in some way related to the sunspot cycle; there have been many false positives. There is clearly a connection between telluric currents and localized magnetic fields, and a correlation between localized magnetic fields and earthquakes. There is nothing to suggest that it is the telluric currents that are driving tectonic activity, however. Tectonic activity is probably altering the telluric currents due to piezoelectric effects.


There are quite a few scientists who disagree with your claim. A change in telluric current strength caused by changes in the solar wind, or other solar activity will cause more stress on already stressed rock formations and this in turn can very well trigger an earthquake.


edit on 8-8-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse
 



There are quite a few scientists who disagree with your claim. A change in telluric current strength caused by changes in the solar wind, or other solar activity will cause more stress on already stressed rock formations and this in turn can very well trigger an earthquake.


So, given the intensity of the recent CME, why has the Earth been so quiet? Is it possible that CMEs don't cause earthquakes? Seems plausible to me.



posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
So what? Fighting if the solar storms got effect on earth? I just asked a 5th grader that same question guess what his answer was? He said Yes! Why use all technical blah to proof the point even if its common sense?

If you really need to fight something we should rather fight whether the speed at with earth travel round the ecliptic plane causes any EQ to, well I mean if I hit a golf ball it changes shame... Does the same apply to earth?

Sorry I didn't pay much to all this thread it was common sense there's a fight going on here so I just jumped into it



posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by ElectricUniverse
 



There are quite a few scientists who disagree with your claim. A change in telluric current strength caused by changes in the solar wind, or other solar activity will cause more stress on already stressed rock formations and this in turn can very well trigger an earthquake.


So, given the intensity of the recent CME, why has the Earth been so quiet? Is it possible that CMEs don't cause earthquakes? Seems plausible to me.


You have to relax the meter gauge didn't run full its building up!!!



posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by thestupidguy
 



So what? Fighting if the solar storms got effect on earth?


No, that is the strawman argument ElectricUniverse keeps setting up. Of course the Sun affects everything on Earth, it just doesn't seem to cause earthquakes!



posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
So, given the intensity of the recent CME, why has the Earth been so quiet? Is it possible that CMEs don't cause earthquakes? Seems plausible to me.


Given the fact that several scientists disagree with you, given the fact that Etna started erupting again after the cme hit, I would have to say that you are jumping to conclusions simply because you want to play scientist when you are not.

You didn't even understand that the strength of Earth's magnetic field, and whether it is weaker in some areas more than in others will affect the weaker spots more. You didn't even understand that the strength of a cme is not uniform, and this is also a factor of why some areas will get affected more than others. There are many factors that will influence how areas on Earth hit by cmes will react, including whether the cme hits an area with fault zones on Earth. Whether or not those fault zones are under stress already, etc, etc. But whether or not the sun's activity can trigger earthquakes... several SCIENTISTS and their research say it does.



posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

No, that is the strawman argument ElectricUniverse keeps setting up. Of course the Sun affects everything on Earth, it just doesn't seem to cause earthquakes!


No, the strawman argument comes from someone who obviously has no idea about the subject, and despite the fact that he keeps being shown peer-reviewed research from several scientists he wants to claim it is not true...



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse
 

Why can't you just admit that ALL the earthquake/volcano predictions regarding this CME completely failed to come true?

you can keep ignoring that etna is one of the most active volcanoes in the world though if it helps you sleep

Frankly, I think we're all wasting our time.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Forevever because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse
 


I think it's worth discussion without the trollery, thanks for putting the data out there. I'm a bit surprised by some of our "smartest" posters inability to reason. We know what conditions for hurricanes, it does not always mean a tropical storm will strengthen, we know that thunder cells can produce tornadoes but they don't always...by knowing these things lives are saved.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus
 



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus
 


Oh God...wait, what'sthat rumbling!

Oh no!

It's coming!

No, wait a mo...just the chilli I had for lunch. Sorry. False alarm. It was a good 8.6 on the Sphincter scale tho...



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
 


Could you please provide a summary of the contents of the video you posted? Some of us lack the ability, time or patience to view YouTube videos.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
 


Could you please provide a summary of the contents of the video you posted? Some of us lack the ability, time or patience to view YouTube videos.


No... its only 10 mins long.. i'm sure you can fit it into your schedule!!!



edit on 10-8-2011 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by DJW001

No, that is the strawman argument ElectricUniverse keeps setting up. Of course the Sun affects everything on Earth, it just doesn't seem to cause earthquakes!


No, the strawman argument comes from someone who obviously has no idea about the subject, and despite the fact that he keeps being shown peer-reviewed research from several scientists he wants to claim it is not true...


Nope the strawman argument is that ElectricUniverse is only half right but lack some info. Like I said the meter gauge need to first run full before you get your EQ. Even a minor CME can trigger major EQ and what happened about mr.EMP? You need 100 C-class flares or 50 M-class or 10 X-class to cause EQ, get the picture? To top it up the meter gauge top spec doesnt stay the same, this time you need 1000 C-class next time you need 500. Its like all blah blah about the madrid fault and san andreas fault but completely over look the EQ causing these to trigger. Just like the FEMA drill on the 11nov right? The big EQ is in this region but not what they are saying. Silent I do not care about no EQ or volcano. My only stress are these 1. powerful CME and magnetosphere fail 2. plain solar radiation 3. stunami being created by the big EQ 4. I live at one of the safest places and 5. Its the debunkers who already packed the bags 1st no argument with them they would do anything to survive and its going to be complete mess if 1000s sit stuck on one square mile. I am a outstander and outstanders tend to see the real deal just like a friend would see something in your woman you dont. I am silent the big EQ causing smaller big EQ
edit on 10-8-2011 by thestupidguy because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by ElectricUniverse
 


I think it's worth discussion without the trollery, thanks for putting the data out there. I'm a bit surprised by some of our "smartest" posters inability to reason. We know what conditions for hurricanes, it does not always mean a tropical storm will strengthen, we know that thunder cells can produce tornadoes but they don't always...by knowing these things lives are saved.


Thank you, finally somebody smart appears and has something constructive to say instead of all the trollery from people who haven't even bothered to research the subject. they like to bash...
I guess I'll leave this one to the messed up of human nature of these days...
edit on 10-8-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74
 

Your analogies are not valid. A tropical storm can be observed as it strengthens and becomes a hurricane. While not all tropical storms become hurricanes, all hurricanes develop from tropical storms. The same applies to tornadoes. Hurricanes and tornadoes occur under quite specific conditions.

Earthquakes happen continually; with or with out solar activity, with or without geomagnetic activity. The studies regarding the relationship between earthquakes and solar and geomagnetic activity have inconsistent conclusions; some find more earthquakes during calm periods, some find more earthquakes during active periods, some find no connection, some find a delayed connection, some find a direct connection. How can all these studies be correct? How can they be useful in any way? Where are the accurate predictions which they should provide?

Hurricanes (and tornadoes to a great degree) follow an annual cycle. Cause, summer heating. Effect, hurricane.
Solar activity follows a roughly 11 year cycle. Earthquake activity does not. Cause? Effect?



edit on 8/10/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage
 


All I'm saying is that it's worth discussing without people being childish. Obviously some scientists are looking at a potential link. We are not talking about Nibiru here or anything else CT related. We all want to find something that can warn us of EQ's before they happen. Will we? I don't know...but I do know that we won't get far by being childish or snobbish. I was making an analogy with hurricanes and tornadoes, that's all.



new topics

top topics



 
8
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

log in

join