It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many times have you died?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I have died 6 times in this life....im still here

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I think I get what you are saying, but just to make sure we are on the same page...

Hypothetically speaking, since I'm alive in this dimension, does that mean that I'm dead in the dimension I was in last? Or does it not work that way? You see, this thought has crossed my mind before. I had an experience that I'm not quite ready to discuss, but the thought keeps nagging at me... did I die in that dimension and leave my children without a mother? Or does that dimension no longer exist? I don't understand all of this stuff, but still, it makes me think. Without going into detail, I thought I was dead and basically had a "religious experience" and then life went on. That was a couple months ago. Even though things are physically exactly the way they were before, I can't get rid of the nagging feeling that I died that night and woke up in the dimension I'm in now. But if that were the case, who (or what) occupied my body in the dimension I'm in now before I got here? Make sense? Or again, does it not work that way? Perhaps this dimension didn't exist until I died in the last dimension and then this one was born? Waaaay over my head!

So many questions. And yes, I'm aware that this sounds absolutely insane. In fact, this is the first I've really spoken of it and I'm not comfortable speaking about it THIS much even though I'm not saying much at all. Your post really hit home though. The thought of all this dimensional stuff is terrifying to me now. My mind just can't fully grasp the concept and that scares me. I think we have no idea what "reality" really is.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
to some i am dead and iv almost died like 200 times just from gun fire falling rocks like 80 building and concret chunks count bits from large animales like 30 electrical 4 5 times crushed in to another rocks 5

threw all that i have been able to come out with no scares of proof of my damage i think i was a liquid wonce

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by professornurbs

Originally posted by St Udio
reply to post by Akasirus

in this universe 'I' am a human being, in another multiverse i might be an insect, or water creature, in another manifestation i might be a chunk of rock or a molecule of water.... each and every manifestation of this (my) life energy had a 'birth & a death' in that particular reality of it's own universe.

Last time I was a rock it took me a million+ year to disolve and reincarnate. I will not be doing that again.

well IF your not in-tune with being a rock for a million years ... where 'time' is irrelevent,,, then there's less hope for you in this time-space incarnation....

IOW You lack Zen.... tisk-tisk-tisk

le'me guess; your a ADD bonkers youth / neophyte
edit on 6-8-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Either I missed your humor or you missed mine. As for calling me an ADD bonkers youth, no, sorry im an old man.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I've died about 3 times in my life due to seizures (which by the way they still don't know what caused them)
The first time I had an OBE...
From vague memory I recall flying out of my body and through the roof,gliding down the street to the gas station where I saw my stepfather calling 9-1-1 from a phonebooth..
The next thing I know I "snap" back into reality and wake up in a hospital bed..a week later although to me it seemed only a few minutes had passed..

edit on 6-8-2011 by liljamiearwood because: Misspelled word "don't"

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
If you really want to know i'd say I should've died about 3-4 times now.

- in surgery my heart stopped for a minute. Had an OBE(out of body experience) where my "soul" floated above dead me and into the ceiling. It was very cold for that moment and I woke up the next day in a different hospital.

- car accident, Dodge Ram hits the passenger side i'm sitting in at 70km/h

- I was about 10 when we were driving a truck in a place called the Sunshine Coast in B.C, I was sitting in the open back of the pickup, we were driving a very narrow road on the edge of a 700ft drop with no guard rails and one of the tires slipped off and everyone had to rush out of the truck except me, I was on the side that was about to go over and everyone was screaming, terrified for my life. I remember looking over to see the drop. Could've been very bad but luckily it didn't happen.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I think I have died once maybe twice in this little journey.

Tore down on '___' and a serious dringking binge..........I woke up and gasped for air, after passing out for a few minutes, and continued to trip. I also polished off a few more cases of beer.....no joke.....

The other(s) I chalk up to freaky life adventures.

Years ago folks, not a care in the world then....Now it is kids, family, and bills.....

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Lots of assumptions in that video.....and blatant mistakes.

Water: IS NOT AN ELEMENT

We dont know how many planets in the Universe have water on their planets like ours. They have just found flowing water on Mars.

I dont believe in religion. A lot of what is said in the video is nonsense

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
1) Birth
2) Strangled
3) Car accident where everyone but me died
4) Overdose 5MEO-DIPT, 2CI, DXM, N2O combo

I have have experienced near death experience once. Recently two people in my household died and came back both experienced near death experience. One claims he came back as another version of himself (walk-in) with noticeable changes in personality and different memories. Super weirdness as of late almost think between us we have got it figured out. Scared to even talk about it as we are sure it will end in death, insanity, big bang/implosion. or we will blink out of existence.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I must have lived 6 lives as an evil horrible person, nothing else can account for the bad karma that has been coming my way

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

Yes i have heard of this theory that we are all sort of gods who have come to earth to learn and experience life. This makes sense to me. I think to go back to our first form will take many accentions

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Every time we have a near death experience. We create a alternate story ark. Where we did die. Put it simply we die when we need to die.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akasirus
I am sure there are many threads here pertaining to life after death, etc, but this is someone a little different than I've seen, and something I have personal insight on.

I was into some pretty crazy trouble until a few years ago. Partying all the time, being completely irresponsible, living life on 'the edge'. However, since I've settled down a bit, I realize how astronomical the odds are I would even still be alive. There are at least 5 separate occasions where considering the circumstances I shouldn't have made it out alive. Hell, on a couple occasions I was sure I had died.

The most recent experience, about 2 years ago, I had been unconscious for about 6 hours before anyone found me. There was so much fluid in my lungs my body wasn't getting any oxygen, and just started shutting down. Suffice to say I don't remember any of that, just waking up in a hospital 6 days later, tied to the bed, with a balloon down my throat breathing for me. They aren't sure why they were even able to resuscitate me against all odds, and for the 6 days I was unconscious the doctors were preparing my family for the likely possibility of me not waking up, or the permanent muscle and brain damage I would have as a result.

But it was a 'miracle', not only were they able to find me, and resuscitate me, I hadn't suffered any permanent damages. Despite much of the tissue in my legs and other areas dying due to tissue hypoxia, my brain suffered no such damage.

I've suffered through 2 fatal car crashes (my cousin, who sitting next to me, died when my aunts car rolled on the freeway, another time I was hit by a drunk driver who did not fare so well), a startling number of close-calls and other 'accidents', yet I am still here to talk about it. The first crash I had a very real near death experience, and was sure I had 'passed on'.

But my purpose here is not to bore you stories of my incredible luck. Quite to opposite actually. I'm extremely unlucky, I've probably died a dozen times already. Each time I would cease to exist, my consciousness goes the other direction down the fork, because that's the only way it can go. We each continually branch out in a higher dimension, carving out our own little reality that is just perfect for us to exist.

Everyone is always talking about the incredible coincidences that the universe exists exactly how it does to hold atoms together, and that we are in existence just at this time when earth supports life, that all these amazing chances to support your life came to be. Well what if none of that is a coincidence? I am not here because everything is just perfect, because I survived against all odds. What if everything is just perfect, and I survived against all odds because I am here.

Of course I don't have any 'proof' to support this, it's just a persistent thought I've had for years that I can't seem to shake. There are many unanswered questions still, such as 'What happens when there are no more branching paths for my life to take?', but I think this idea may have some merit for discussion. It's not something I even believe, or would be able to convincingly argue for, just something that exists to me as an unknowable possibility.

Has anyone else had a similar thought, with or without reason? What are your thoughts on the possibility of our mind being capable of perceiving more than 3 dimensions, steering us down an alternate course when our current road comes to an end?

Interesting take on this. I've never really thought about it like that. Id be dead too. I am sure most of us would. But if so, wouldn't we start a new life in a different body/vessel instead of the same one? I guess unless we haven't done what we were here to do yet. Things that make ya go hmmm.

Deebo

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
There is an old movie called Flatliners that always intrigued me. It was kind of a corny movie, but the premise was excellent. Basically, these medical students wanted to experiment with death so they would give themselves drugs to kill them and then they were jolted back to life. They continued to push the envelope further and stay dead longer.

I wonder if rogue scientists have performed such experiments and learned information about the afterlife. Anyways, I don't have a NDE experience myself but they fascinate me. Thanks for the post.
edit on 6-8-2011 by Enlightenme1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Never.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeMoveUnseen
I die just about every time i open my bank statements.

Weird. I die just about every time I open your bank statements too.
You really need to work harder for us.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pshea38

Originally posted by WeMoveUnseen
I die just about every time i open my bank statements.

Weird. I die just about every time I open your bank statements too.
You really need to work harder for us.

Good one lol

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I've died 2184 times. I'm not sure what happened before that, but I'm sure I was able to live through it.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by professornurbs

If yor vibration could be more on the otherside and you "knew it". You could i wager.

Or better yet. Great for you that you need not see the struggle(snuggle beyond). Its just candy to rot your teeth. . .

Peace out yo!
edit on 6-8-2011 by Treespeaker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join