It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many times have you died?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I am sure there are many threads here pertaining to life after death, etc, but this is someone a little different than I've seen, and something I have personal insight on.

I was into some pretty crazy trouble until a few years ago. Partying all the time, being completely irresponsible, living life on 'the edge'. However, since I've settled down a bit, I realize how astronomical the odds are I would even still be alive. There are at least 5 separate occasions where considering the circumstances I shouldn't have made it out alive. Hell, on a couple occasions I was sure I had died.

The most recent experience, about 2 years ago, I had been unconscious for about 6 hours before anyone found me. There was so much fluid in my lungs my body wasn't getting any oxygen, and just started shutting down. Suffice to say I don't remember any of that, just waking up in a hospital 6 days later, tied to the bed, with a balloon down my throat breathing for me. They aren't sure why they were even able to resuscitate me against all odds, and for the 6 days I was unconscious the doctors were preparing my family for the likely possibility of me not waking up, or the permanent muscle and brain damage I would have as a result.

But it was a 'miracle', not only were they able to find me, and resuscitate me, I hadn't suffered any permanent damages. Despite much of the tissue in my legs and other areas dying due to tissue hypoxia, my brain suffered no such damage.

I've suffered through 2 fatal car crashes (my cousin, who sitting next to me, died when my aunts car rolled on the freeway, another time I was hit by a drunk driver who did not fare so well), a startling number of close-calls and other 'accidents', yet I am still here to talk about it. The first crash I had a very real near death experience, and was sure I had 'passed on'.

But my purpose here is not to bore you stories of my incredible luck. Quite to opposite actually. I'm extremely unlucky, I've probably died a dozen times already. Each time I would cease to exist, my consciousness goes the other direction down the fork, because that's the only way it can go. We each continually branch out in a higher dimension, carving out our own little reality that is just perfect for us to exist.

Everyone is always talking about the incredible coincidences that the universe exists exactly how it does to hold atoms together, and that we are in existence just at this time when earth supports life, that all these amazing chances to support your life came to be. Well what if none of that is a coincidence? I am not here because everything is just perfect, because I survived against all odds. What if everything is just perfect, and I survived against all odds because I am here.

Of course I don't have any 'proof' to support this, it's just a persistent thought I've had for years that I can't seem to shake. There are many unanswered questions still, such as 'What happens when there are no more branching paths for my life to take?', but I think this idea may have some merit for discussion. It's not something I even believe, or would be able to convincingly argue for, just something that exists to me as an unknowable possibility.

Has anyone else had a similar thought, with or without reason? What are your thoughts on the possibility of our mind being capable of perceiving more than 3 dimensions, steering us down an alternate course when our current road comes to an end?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Akasirus

I have enough troubles coping with the current life without worrying about how many times I may have died!!

(My apologies - I am just not into this stuff)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Interesting idea, one which will, atleast for know, be up for entrerpretation. I believe that counciousness is matter, and reality is your counciousness choosing this "matter" that you see/feel/touch etc. SO its quite possible that your counciouss chose to make you live, instead of die, inturn creating a different yet similar reality that you see know, only difference is your still alive...
Trippy stuff here....

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I die just about every time i open my bank statements.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I've never died but

While '___' is produced in the body there is no proof at all that it is responsible for dreaming or NDEs. It's not even proven to be produced in the pineal gland at all. It is an assumption that most people think is scientific fact.

www.erowid.org...

Both articles list reputable sources and studies for their conclusions

"And although Strassman clearly states that his ideas about '___' and the pineal gland "are not proven"2, many people have accepted them as fact. As of June 2010, there is currently no scientific evidence that the pineal gland produces '___', much less any evidence for the more far-out speculations that Strassman makes about '___' being a chemical modulator of the human soul."
BELOW IS A QUOTE FROM RICK STRASSMAN HIMSELF AUTHOR OF THE SPIRIT MOLECULE :

""We don't know whether '___' is made in the pineal. I muster a lot of circumstantial evidence supporting a reason to look long and hard at the pineal, but we do not yet know. There are data suggesting urinary '___' rises in psychotic patients when their psychosis is worse. However, we don't know whether '___' rises during dreams, meditation, near-death, death, birth or any other endogenous altered state."

edit on 8/6/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

I have enough troubles coping with the current life without worrying about how many times I may have died!!

(My apologies - I am just not into this stuff)

Then why bother replying?
Like the sound of your own voice much?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianDamage

Then why bother replying?
Like the sound of your own voice much?

Obviously you miss the subtle comment here in favour of just being plain rude.

My comment was intended to convey that life is more important than considerations of how many times one may have died, but never mind if you did not understand the subtlety that it is OK. Just tone down the rudeness a bit.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I know it's not a laughing matter but when reading your post I was remnded of the film 'unbreakable'.
Maybe you should fight crime?

In all seriousness though thank your 'luck' for want of a better word and live life to the full

Peace

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
[more

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

i know i died and i also know who killed me. Strangely i had one out of body experience and i saw my self laying on a bed i went back into my own body when fear that i couldn't get back to my body arose. I had Friends that had been into death metal and one of their friends was a real nut job at the time. I think he shot me from my window but i don't remember it . that's when i had the out of body for no reason.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I believe we do not leave here until we reach our objective then we go on. I was watching a documentary on Edgar Cayce and he supposedly rediscovered 17 past lives and was able to go through dimension to dimension by using a subconcious stream of the universe, he claimed we all had the power to do it. As far as me, personally I am not sure my head is to clouded with too much MODERN JUNK to be able to realize where I have been. Good luck on your journey try not to do bad karma and keep rolling.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
This theory of death propelling our consciousness into a parallel reality has been a staple of my philosophy for quite some time. It's not until I had a deep salvia experience that this theory was realized into fact for me. I saw the dimensionality of our multiple paths and also how fictional the purpose of our overall life is. Salvia is a blunt teacher. It doesn't matter if you can't handle the truth. At deep levels the truth will be delivered wether you want it or not. Used for thousands of years by shamans, the plant is not a party drug (or drug at all IMO) and, surprisingly, very much legal still. Research, you won't be disappointed.

edit on 6-8-2011 by Snoopy1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

How many times have you died?

None, to my recollection.

How many times have I had a close call? Just once.

In 2007 I was working in Bristol (England). I was working on some flood lighting for a tennis court. I was up 40 feet, when all of a sudden the scaffolding that I was standing on collasped. I fell the full 40 feet breaking my leg, arm, back, two ribs and my skull.

I was in a coma for 9 days but luckily-even with all the "bone" injurys- my brain and major organs were fine. 3 years and 7 ops later I am back up the scaffolding.

ALS

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by professornurbs

I believe we do not leave here until we reach our objective then we go on. I was watching a documentary on Edgar Cayce and he supposedly rediscovered 17 past lives

I only had one experience such as the one the OP describes. Mine was a motorcycle wreck. When I woke up I apologized to my wife for divorcing her (Geez, what a moron!). The girl I was living with and desperately in love with at the time? Couldn't remember her name.

However, the reason I responded is because I believe that I was a Nazi in my last life. Professornurbs mentioned karma? I also believe I am "paying off" now for misdeeds then, either that or this time around I got a can of the "soup-sandwich" brand of luck. At any rate I obviously do believe in re-incarnation.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I, like you OP, should have died more than a few times and somehow I'm still here. I was actually certain at one point in my early 20's that I would not live to see 30 and lived my life as such.

Started when I was 3 and my appendix burst while playing outside with friends. I apparently died on the way to the hospital but they brought me back, and I continued to die numerous times over the course of the next few days due to complications but they always seemed to be able to resuscitate me somehow.

To make a long story short, through many, many serious accidents (motorbikes, cars, etc) over the years that should have done me in I somehow would always squeak through, though many times just barely.

HERE'S THE TRIPPY PART:

My wife was born in SE Asia and while visiting her family there a few years back I met one of her aunts, who was fancied locally as a bit of a mystic. She asked to read my palm and after looking at it for a minute or so she let go and began to speak excitedly to my wife and her mother, very obviously disturbed. I asked my wife to translate and she kept saying it did not make sense......I pusher her and she said her aunt was saying that I should not be alive, according to my palm I died as a young child!

Honestly, although my wife knew of my appendicitis she did not know of the severity so could not, would not have shared this with her aunt.

BTW, for the rest of our time together her aunt wanted very little to do with me and would make excuses to leave whenever I was around. I obviously creeped her out on some level.

Just thought this might add some color to the discussion, I swear this is exactly what happened; I myself still find it very strange to this day but I certainly now believe there is more to this world than most of us would like to admit.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by buskey

I also have been in several accidents and been in life threating situations plus im in to SE asian women. Do I see a pattern here? LOL

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

I also am paying this life my friend my luck is horrible, plus I was born Friday 13th go figure.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Without being to generally wierd, I'm on go round number 4.

I'm pretty sure its the last for this wave or vibration.

The branching out thing I totally get, kind of like the old movie the one with no kung fu.

My person feelings are that the realization that if that is true then a larger framework must hold it together and one above that untill the edge of the bubble lol. Once all the you's are in agreement one way or the other than yous get what you need.

On a side note, the last time i was asked if i wanted to come back, and got a glimpse of the how of it would be.

Fortune on all of your travels, may you find always what you need.

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Treespeaker

I better not be asked if I want to come back to earth. I have had my fill of this place. I would risk another place rather than be sent to this place again.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Some things to consider. LINK This gives you all the evidence you need for the afterlife. The Bible is the only book that can make such claims. Your life is set by destiny. Another resource to check is the video series below. It explains how water is the connection between us and the rest of the universe through the solar cycle of hydrogen and water. You have a destiny or you would likely not be here to fulfill it. LINK

“Everyone has his own specific vocation or mission in life to carry out; a concrete assignment which demands fulfillment. Therein he cannot be replaced, nor can his life be repeated. Thus, everyone’s task is as unique as his specific opportunity to implement it.” Victor Frankl

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join