It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off Topic Thread!!!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I thought I was going to get caught speeding today. The cop went for the guy who passed me on the right shoulder & positioned himself in front of the transport truck in front of me instead. hahaha.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Im not available in far away places!

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I swear that man is about as deep as a teaspoon!

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
There is no reality, it's all personal perspective.......It's how you see the world through your "own" filters...

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I am very scared.
I want Frances to just dissappear.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
I swear that man is about as deep as a teaspoon!

A man you know or men in general?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TACHYON

one I know. grr

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I am very scared.
I want Frances to just dissappear.

me too hon.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Does the bible contain a really good recipe for chocolate chip cookies?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

one I know. grr

AHA, i know, you wanted one thing but he did not agree, and it made you mad. Hope it wasnt me (hides in the corner).

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
While this thread was made just for someone like me, here i go and even go off-off topic and reply to TrueLies. Perception can be very strange, think i may actually be somewhat schizophrenic sometimes. I can get in weird states where everything i see/interact with seems to be trying to tell me things in a very personal way, but i can't always figure out exactly what, but the unstated implications are very strong sometimes. It's weird when i'm in that state, even broadcast TV seem personally skewed to me, like the show is done with a personal wink to me. It's totally crazy, but impresses on me how different reality seems based on state of mind/perception. It makes me even wonder about the standard definition of physics.

I'm glad I'm semi-anonymous. I don't think i would admit this to anyone.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Actually if you want to talk about physics I am your man slank, if you look at the thread "Who was you in your past life" I was Sir Issac Newton, seems that Marg is stalking me though,LOL.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
My school gave us homework over the summer!!! The math portion is do tomorrow...so of course Im doing it now. And the 300pg book on The Evolution of the Finch report is due on tuesday. Which i have yet to read!

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
My school gave us homework over the summer!!! The math portion is do tomorrow...so of course Im doing it now. And the 300pg book on The Evolution of the Finch report is due on tuesday. Which i have yet to read!

Math homework......mmmmmmmmmm........drools.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
So can you move faster than light? If so what's your perception of the exoverse?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
So can you move faster than light? If so what's your perception of the exoverse?

You can never move faster than light. And what is an exoverse, another universe? If you approach the speed of light time starts to flow more slowly for you and eventually it approaches stopping, but it never does, becuase you cannot travel at the speed of light. The only particles that can travel at the speed of light are particles that have zero mass such as photons.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   

The only particles that can travel at the speed of light are particles that have zero mass such as photons.

Dude, your name is tachyon! Is this suppose to be a joke post?

Stop the world, I want to get off at the next stop.:bnghd:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
You are thinking within the box, Tachyon, despite your handle.
E = MC^2 simply means that the Universe is a closed system.
For the most part that is probably true, I would be willing to bet good money that there are gaps and leaks here and there in the system where you go to realms (Universes?) beyond this Universe.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

The only particles that can travel at the speed of light are particles that have zero mass such as photons.

Dude, your name is tachyon! Is this suppose to be a joke post?

Stop the world, I want to get off at the next stop.:bnghd:

No its not a joke, its true. But I do not believe in tachyons, it would be cool if they existed which would permit time travel.

Originally posted by slank
You are thinking within the box, Tachyon, despite your handle.
E = MC^2 simply means that the Universe is a closed system.
For the most part that is probably true, I would be willing to bet good money that there are gaps and leaks here and there in the system where you go to realms (Universes?) beyond this Universe.

Mass is not conserved, but E total (E+MC^2) is conserved. If a particle approaches the speed of light it will require more energy to push it further, because its relativistc momentum approaches infinity because of the formula:

p=mv/Sqrt(1-(v/c)^2)

[edit on 1-9-2004 by TACHYON]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I hear Brazil is nice this time of year.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join