It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

31 US special forces die in chopper crash

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Erm, WHY in the hell would Obama order the deaths of seal team 6 for killing bin laden? That makes absoulutely no sense. The whole world knows we killed him, its not exactly a huge hush hush secret or we would have never known about that operation in the first place. No, im not buying this consirpacy theory BS. I'm not the poster boy for the Obama fan club, i didnt even vote for him, but im not going to buy into this load of horse$hit.

Its far more likely that al'Qaeda, knowing that troops flying in on helicopters were the ones that killed bin laden, so they probably just had a few people here and there posted around key points of travel, laying in wait with stinger missles to unload on any random US chopper flying overhead. Think about it, these people are cowards who hide behind a wall and fire an RPG backwards crouched down without aiming just to kill some random people. Theyre going to fire at anything thats not theirs, and they dont use choppers, they dont use fighter jets, they don't use tanks or hummers, so anything that looks remotely like it belongs to the US is on the list to blow up.

Really? The whole world knows that?? Were you a lucky one that got to see his dead body? Or did you take some sort of DNA test? Hair sample? Capture a pic? Nope, didn't think so.

You sound like you may believe everything the MSM is feeding to you. If I were you, I'd dig a little deeper before relying on the puppets talking in the tube.

It's actually far more likely that these men/women were killed for a specific reason. It makes more sense to me that they were killed as a cover up to something greater. Something that "they" don't want us little people to know about.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Someone did not want these Brave Americans to exist,my guess as to the reasons,No one believed that Bin Laden was really taken out,so in believing this to be very possible truth the team was expended by some higher command in fear of one if not all of them were to ever enlighten the American people to the truth that our gov-staged the whole thing.But then again i am not making this an accusation just a Hypothesis,The same red flags were call out on bush and his administration on during 911, God rest those souls but yeah who really knows,and out of those who know the truth,how many will/would come forward to address it?

edit on 6-8-2011 by Onewhoknowsjesus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I have to admit: the first thing I thought when I saw this headline, was, I wonder if those who participated in the OBL raid are among the casualties.

However, most articles I'm reading... and it certainly seems as if one article is written up and all news outlets reprint or otherwise plagiarize the first one... Most articles indicate that the casualties include Seals FROM THE SAME UNIT... not the Seals themselves.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Hate to say it, is this event supposed to sway our attention away from the SHTF scenario that will play out Monday?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I was waiting for someone to say that...

Makes ya wonder...this whole story has bits out of place.

Just for instance, what mission were they on that would have required 6 seals?

And one other thing, I could be wrong here, but it was my understanding that if
seals went in on a mission it was top secret, why would they have been mixed in
with other special forces?

Please, someone tell me I am wrong.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by buni11687

chinook, slow and big.

we won't hear about the retaliation.

Chinooks are actually VERY fast. Faster than most helo's.

Most helos go 130ish, the apache hits 165, Chinook 196

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...-64A.2FD.29

Deebo
edit on 6-8-2011 by Deebo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Something smells here.............

Very Very Badly.

Get digging,it's a smoke screen and not necessarily
the obvious obl cover up one.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

"Dead Men Tell No Tales"

Not very hard to explain this

Right.. because you never see aircraft being shot down due to weapons fire in a war. What a silly notion!

Why is there always an evil agenda? It's always OUR fault someone dies. Let's not do the unthinkable and blame the insurgents. Even though they AND us say they shot it down. Why would we believe such a fantasy? Aircraft in a warzone being shot down.. pfft, how silly.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I have to admit I never paid much attention to the story that OBL was killed years ago and the recent SEAL6 operation was faked because I always told myself, Men were involved and their story would come out eventually. Perhaps one of them would write a book in 10 years time "I SHOT BIN LADED".
However after reading the first reports of SPECIAL FORCES killed, my conspiracy mind hinted that this could be the kill off and the hush up to prevent any eye witness reports to the ODL killing, coming out in a book or any other form.
Now this morning I wake up to find out the special forces are from the same group as the OBL killers. I wonder if I will wake up tomorrow and find out that they were the same members.
If this happens any time soon then I have to say THESE PPL WILL STOP AT NOTHING and WE ARE ALL DOOMED.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This is horrible news. My heart bleeds for their families. God love 'em all.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I've been having a look on other alternative forums to see if I could find out anything else. I didn't find anything more, but I can confirm that the overwhelming consensus is that this stinks.

Two main theories for what happened:

- To eliminate those who could spill the beans that it wasn't OBL they killed.

- To account for the seals who were killed during the attack on the compound, (Pakistani eye witnesses reported the helicopter crashed and all those on board were killed.)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
My heart goes out to the families lost their loved ones, either in the compound crash or in this alleged crash - and my heart also goes out to all those Afghans whose loved ones have been killed since the illegal and unjustifiable invasion of their country. They number many, many more than 32.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
There are a lot of assumptions being made about the humans occupying this helicopter. Apparently the government has confirmed that most were Navy operators, to assume that anyone within the media or this website knows their specific names and team assignments is a bit foolhardy. I can tell you that the special missions teams and outfits that executed the raid on the Pakistani compound are not likely to be traveling nearly 30 strong.

If this was a CSAR operation then it was likely a mixed bunch of SEALs, EOD and various other military advisers itching to pull their homeboys out. I'm not claiming to know the identities of those men lost on this mission, but to assume it was some sort of planned AQ assassination on "ST6" is a bit far-fetched in my opinion. Sounds like these boys went in to see their brothers out of harms way. They got caught with their pants down and it sounds like AQ had their stuff in-order. My guess would be a botched mission or hot exfil by a small tactics unit run right into a well-planned AQ ambush. Those sons of b*tches know the terrain better than any GPS.

Rest in peace to all those lives ended by armed conflict.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This is ATS.

There will be theories.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

I have to say, this is setting alarms "within" also.

One person said to me, look at Jesse Ventura.

You cant keep a Seal down.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
This story stinks. I agree with a previous poster that someone tipped off the Taliban that they were coming.

But should the Chinook be used in front line combat? It seems to me that it should only be used behind the front moving supplies and equipment, not on raids.

The US needs to develop a successor to the Chinook for front line operations. It should have electronic-counter measures, e.g. jamming, flares, chaff etc. Ideally it should also have redundant systems so one rpg/anti-air missile would usually not bring it down, like the A-10 Warthog (I know the Warthog is a jet, but hardening the helos used on raids makes sense to me).

My condolences go out to the families affected.

edit on 6-8-2011 by Nicolas Flamel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I mean if it looks, walks and quacks like duck? It damn sure ain't no EAGLE.
I say we honor them as martyrs and call on the remaining seals, to lead us in a revolution, against the heathen New World Order dogs of doom. I'm ready to kill my share or die try'in.

The evidence is clear enough. Death to the wicked.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ateuprto
There are a lot of assumptions being made about the humans occupying this helicopter. Apparently the government has confirmed that most were Navy operators, to assume that anyone within the media or this website knows their specific names and team assignments is a bit foolhardy. I can tell you that the special missions teams and outfits that executed the raid on the Pakistani compound are not likely to be traveling nearly 30 strong.

If this was a CSAR operation then it was likely a mixed bunch of SEALs, EOD and various other military advisers itching to pull their homeboys out. I'm not claiming to know the identities of those men lost on this mission, but to assume it was some sort of planned AQ assassination on "ST6" is a bit far-fetched in my opinion. Sounds like these boys went in to see their brothers out of harms way. They got caught with their pants down and it sounds like AQ had their stuff in-order. My guess would be a botched mission or hot exfil by a small tactics unit run right into a well-planned AQ ambush. Those sons of b*tches know the terrain better than any GPS.

Rest in peace to all those lives ended by armed conflict.

You are also making many assumptions here, friend.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Veterans Today post that this might have been murder.

www.veteranstoday.com...

If so this is not only heart-breaking, but speaks legions about the stability of our country and those pulling the strings..

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicolas Flamel

Apparently the official story coming from the military is that it was a recovery effort. The Chinook was apparently loaded with a bunch of operators going in to get a team out. My guess would be that no one was "tipped off." This happened deep into AQ country and in a hotly-contested region. The story doesn't stink nearly as much if the full facts can be gathered. Small, special missions unit out doing what they do when they run into trouble. Call back to FOB and report contact and request extraction plan. SOCOM loads a Chinook with battle-hardened and capable men to pull this small, but specially trained and highly valuable team out. AQ has set up a good ambush and catches the Chinook with a mix of .50 caliber, RPG and possibly ground-to-air guided missile fire.

As far as the Chinook's capabilities, well, it is the "Warthog" of rotor-based infantry insertion. There aren't many, if any transport-grade helicopters that can take the punishment a Chinook can. I've seen the things lose all rotor functionality on one end and still have enough horsepower in the other to get good distance from contact and land safely. They are battle-proven and trustworthy. Unfortunately there is no magical rotor transport at this point. The design of the platform itself is fragile.
edit on 6-8-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join