It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

31 US special forces die in chopper crash

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 11I11

Hey, there's the US Presidential elections coming up.......fix afew loose ends.......like another poster says, dead men don't talk.

Now this was not a crash, this helicopter was a target of the Taliban....now how would they know where these particular Seals would be? Only the very top command of the US military would know that.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

very true my friend. This absolutely stinks. Even the hardened skeptics will have some food for thought after this fiasco.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
reply to post by MischeviousElf

That must have been one big helicopter!

It was a chinook, they can carry at least that many, usually more than that though.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Erm, WHY in the hell would Obama order the deaths of seal team 6 for killing bin laden? That makes absoulutely no sense. The whole world knows we killed him, its not exactly a huge hush hush secret or we would have never known about that operation in the first place. No, im not buying this consirpacy theory BS. I'm not the poster boy for the Obama fan club, i didnt even vote for him, but im not going to buy into this load of horse$hit.

Its far more likely that al'Qaeda, knowing that troops flying in on helicopters were the ones that killed bin laden, so they probably just had a few people here and there posted around key points of travel, laying in wait with stinger missles to unload on any random US chopper flying overhead. Think about it, these people are cowards who hide behind a wall and fire an RPG backwards crouched down without aiming just to kill some random people. Theyre going to fire at anything thats not theirs, and they dont use choppers, they dont use fighter jets, they don't use tanks or hummers, so anything that looks remotely like it belongs to the US is on the list to blow up.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Um, thats where you're wrong. The whole world knows OBL died 10 years ago and what happened in Pakistan was a set up and someone else took the hit.

If the White House came out and said these 31 Seals were involved in the botched 'OBL" raid in Pakistan, that would be pretty darn abvious. Of course they are going to tell us they were not the same Seals!!!

And no, I don't believe Obozo played any hand in this at all, he's too dumb; all he does is what Bush did.....just sign what he's told to sign and the big decisions are made by others he's probably never met and will never meet.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Osama died 10 years ago, if you still believe he died on May in Pakistan, you should not even be on this forum.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Tragic both on the human loss of life and the financial/experience hit... 31 human souls gone and families being notified. And each elite NAVY SEAL cost upwards of $500,000 to train and equip and then there is the aircraft...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I'm not really into conspriracy theory but even i have to say something is a bit off about whats going on here...

first they raid osama's house and shoot him in the face, pictures were taken but could not identify

second, they dump the body into the sea before any further investigation could be made

now everyone who was there is shot down in one attack...

either everyone involved did a piss poor job and dropped the ball every time they had a chance or theres something very scandalous going on that needs to be looked into.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheThirdAdam

Every single man and woman in the Military is expendable regardless of rank or what unit they are in.....Seals are no different. For every one Seal lost, there's 1000 more lining up wanting to be a Seal.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
My thoughts on this is I hope it isn't what the media is saying it is.....Obviously I want our Men safe so maybe this is just wishful thinking that keeps telling me that this is a way of giving the Taliban a false win in hopes that they think they got the guys who killed Osama (Seal Team 6) all the while potentially saving retribution on the Exposed Secret Teams Family......kinda makes me think of the Shell Game how it works out..Team sinks back into Obscurity, Familys are potentially safer, some poor soldiers are martered and get a Hero's Burial (Which All Soldiers Deserve!) and possibly getting Taliban to drop their guard thinking they got their prime targets....Justa thought..And my prayers to the men/familys our military and all cooperating armys everywhere.....

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NewsWorthy

How are American families potentially safer when Afghanistan was never a threat to the USA? The biggest threat to America today are those in the White House running around with those stupid constant smirks on their faces.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I cant believe this...So less attention to this news on media and on ATS. Are you aware how important this event is? Or are these lost lives are not that important for Americans..? As a foreigner I am really schocked for that coldness...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by deccal
I cant believe this...So less attention to this news on media and on ATS. Are you aware how important this event is? Or are these lost lives are not that important for Americans..? As a foreigner I am really schocked for that coldness...

Of course it's a horrible event. It is being covered here in the MSM. It's heart wrenching news. The Loss to all Americans is very apparent here.

It's terrible news added on top of the first ever, downgrading of the credit rating of the U.S. Now we have millions of people wondering, if they too, are going to lose their jobs, homes, retirement....everything

I think you are seeing a case of "mass shock" from multiple terrible news events.

My heart goes out to the family and friends of all those brave men and women who lost their lives.

Des
edit on 6-8-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Erm, WHY in the hell would Obama order the deaths of seal team 6 for killing bin laden?

To make peace with his muslim brothers.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Maybe this will quiet those who were cheering in the streets when Bin Laden was mudered.

These troops would still be alive if they weren't involved in the illegal invasion of another country.

The world has had enough of the US bullying. The president of the U.S. was awarded the nobel peace prize and has so far authorised the most unmanned drone attacks across this planet that any other person.

In Obama's acceptance speech for the peace prize he quoted 'do onto others as you would have others do onto you'

If the american public don't get their outta control government under control soon there is gonna be some serious karma police coming around the corner very soon.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The BBC news says
A US helicopter crash in Afghanistan kills 31 US special forces
ABC News said 25 Navy Seals were on board, plus seven Afghan special forces soldiers, five crew and one interpreter.
AP quoted sources saying most of those killed were from Seal Team Six - the same unit which killed Osama Bin Laden in Pakistan May.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Conspiracy theories will turn you into a nutbag. The Brittish say if it walks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck, then its a duck. Youre going to see and believe whatever you want. If i said that Professor Xavier was a real man, there'd be thousands of people that would believe me, and people would swear up and down that Wolverine lives in their dog house.

There will always be people that cannot differentiate reality from fantasy. Now im not saying that there ARENT some things that dont truly go on. Instances where assasins and hitmen are used are not always fiction, sometimes it does happen. Crazy people are going to believe whatever they want, as for me? I like living outside of rubber rooms, i also like not getting thorazine shots.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

How have they been "playing the US for 30 years"?

Not trying to be sarcastic, just wondering, do you also believe the "war on terror"?

edit on 6-8-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

A senior U.S. administration official in Washington said it appeared the craft had been shot down. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the crash is still being investigated.

From the AP story

Will somebody please explain to me why an official would need to remain anonymous while making that statement?

Also, from CNN
The majority of the Navy SEALs who died belonged to the same covert unit that conducted the raid that killed Osama bin Laden in May, though they were not the same men, the military official said.

Why can't we ever get the names of people who are simply saying normal things? That raises flags for me.

edit on 6-8-2011 by Enlightenme1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Very interesting indeed.

A few days after OBL was supposedly eliminated and consequently deposited in the ocean, a close friend of mine stated casually. “I wonder how they are going to pull a “Tillman” on these guys.

Now we know

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join