It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China suggests new "One World Global Currency"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
it's not a conspiracy, it's a common sense. The only conspiracy is that US is still allowed to hold a Reserve currency and harms other countries. Holder of Reserve currency HAS TO keep it strong but your government tries to devalue USD to inflate it's debt away and exports it's problems to other countries doing so (just look at the middle east - the protests started because of the prices of the food which was directly hit by the loose financial politics of US government). So yes, the reserve currency that is being composed of about 4 or 5 major world currencies including USD is the right thing to do (benefits are - stable reserve currency; low influence of US stupid government on the world economy).

Developing countries allready present 40% of the wolrd GDP and will break the 50% mark in the next 5-10 years. 19th century was Europe's; 20th was US's and 21st belongs to China. Time to move on.

P.S.: english is not my first language so i'm sorry for grammar in my post

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
and the title of the thread is WRONG. No one is saying anything about "One World Global Currency" except YOU so the whole thread is wrong and based on your mistake.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
China just deflected a typhoon that was headed towards it.

You could see rippling in the clouds and trace their frequency emissions right back to origin on mainland China...

storms heading North off their coast now.

Chinese HAARP appears to be working.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
In any case, what's wrong with a single currency?

It is an obsolete idea. Most of the problems such a currency was supposed to solve were solved by computers and the internet.

There was always a downside to such an idea, and now the downside is enormous compared to the upside.

More currencies = better control of the world's economies. One currency = one control lever for the whole shebangabang, so you would have very poor control actually.

The Euro will probably not survive 10 more years because the Eurozone countries don't really fit together economically. You might see two currencies reflecting the reality of the economic relationship. One might be centered on France and would probably include Italy, Spain, Greece, Portugal, etc. Another would be based on Germany. And yet they might both do this AND keep the Euro and just have it be another layer of currencies. More currencies = more precise control.

Why would anyone use a 'one world currency' for if they didn't want to? Well...they would need it to pay their NWO taxes of course. So you wouldn't have any choice but to use it.

But what the Chinese are probably talking about is something that would only be used by Governments and large corporations. An expanded version of the 'special drawing rights.' However, if it was practical to create such a thing, then it would have come into existence years ago.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 11andrew34

Any one spending money during the ONE WORLD ORDER will use the SDR . The World Bank will fail all other currencies and only the SDR will be used . The world economic collapse will come per the efforts of the NWO and they of course will have a remedy . People will perish during the chaos , and people will welcome the SDR . Due to the expanses of the world the NWO money will be totally electronic . You will need a RFID chip or BarCode TaToo, or new Debit card with a chip to use it . This is exactly in line with what the Bible stated some 2000 years ago along with the actual technology that facilitates the level of control needed to impliment it .. Because of the opposition by Christians and others you will have to show your allegence to the new system . There will be no other money to use . The Banksters must control the money to control the world as Mayer Rothschild stated . You are living in a very tumultious time ! This time has been told of in the Bible for over 2000 years . People will read books of fiction but will not read the Bible to see if it really true . They don't have long to do so . Make the best of the time .

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
They don't want a single world currency!!! What they want is a new reserve (!!!) currency.

This crisis made it abundantly clear that having the word's reserve currency consist of only 1 country's currency is STUPID. Why? Because if that country's economy tanks, it drags everyone else down with it!

A new reserve currency will be introduced in the medium term, and it's a GOOD thing. It's also inevitable

Jim Rogers nails it!

edit on 7-8-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Again I don't see the point. Currency isn't control. It's consensus. In addition, I really don't see what's bad for what you mentioned at the end of your post. I think a currency for the internal US and a currency for the eternal trades would work out very well. Economic problems worldwide would not affect the local economies, and vice versa.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Again I don't see the point. Currency isn't control. It's consensus. In addition, I really don't see what's bad for what you mentioned at the end of your post. I think a currency for the internal US and a currency for the eternal trades would work out very well. Economic problems worldwide would not affect the local economies, and vice versa.

There would still be a correlation between the 2, so if the world economy tanks, so would your "internal currency". We live in a globalized world, you can't just create "islands" and truly believe you're staying independent from global issues

edit on 7-8-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Can't see why we cannot. A local currency backed by local merchants, that funds the federal government would not be under the influence of external forces.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Can't see why we cannot. A local currency backed by local merchants, that funds the federal government would not be under the influence of external forces.

Again...we live in a global economy. All those local merchants (especially in the big cities) offer goods from all over the world, or produce goods from parts that come from all over the world. You can't just disconnect an entire country like that...or else you end up with something like North Korea's economy.

Your "local merchants" would still want (and have) to trade with the international community...and exchange their "local currency" for that "outside currency". So if the local currency tanks, it will impact the other, and vice versa.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

But of course, but it would be far easier for them to simple exchange the overpriced good with an American one.

Essentially it benefits the US economy because when the world has economic woes, the local merchants buy local and benefit the local economy. When the world economy is up, they buy international and their customers enjoy a foreign treat.

See that's why it's better. You're not dependent on any one source. The local merchants control the import, not the federal government. In addition, because this sort of deal makes the country wealthier when the world has problems, it allows the federal government to purchase those higher priced goods, and should it so deem necessary, kind of do a reverse tariff, thus allowing the world economy to slowly heal.

It truly is a check and balance.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Essentially it benefits the US economy because when the world has economic woes, the local merchants buy local and benefit the local economy. When the world economy is up, they buy international and their customers enjoy a foreign treat.

That's not how the economy works. What happens to the local merchants once people buy internationally again? They'd be out of a job...

Also, I don't think you grasp how big the world economy is, and how little is actually produced in a single country. The US wouldn't have many of the resources required to be 100% self sufficient. For example, there's minerals that are used in the hightech industry that have only been found in Africa.

The world economy is truly global now, and like I said, you can't just create an island that isn't affected by the global economy.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

That's not how the economy works. What happens to the local merchants once people buy internationally again? They'd be out of a job...

The home-based producers yes. The sellers of the goods no. They would not be guarantee out of a job. A factory, a producer, a creator, etc etc, can all choose what they produce. That's where the jobs are. The actual person who invents or designs something being made is not anywhere near as numerous as the people who make it. And the people who make it, in times of bad economy, and make home-grown things, and when the economy is better, make international things.

There's going to be people out of a job. Fact is if you can't compete, stop working. Go work where these's a market. This idea that if you fail you should be compensated is a large problem. Fact is if you fail, you fail. You don't get a second chance. Give up o your dreams until you stop failing, and go work in production for another's creation.

Also, I don't think you grasp how big the world economy is, and how little is actually produced in a single country. The US wouldn't have many of the resources required to be 100% self sufficient. For example, there's minerals that are used in the hightech industry that have only been found in Africa.

Correct. And we'll just have to get by without it when the economy fails. When they wanted to produce the SR71, they did not physically have the materials. So with some patience, they worked with the Russians both covertly and publicly to get themselves some titanium. They got it, and thus made the SR71, without the Russians any the wiser. Now if we desired to do this without covert theft of rare materials, we would simply have to find another means. Plastics, or something synthetic.

Yes, it does slow things down. But it also creates incentive to create alternatives.

The world economy is truly global now, and like I said, you can't just create an island that isn't affected by the global economy.

We had these islands before. I fail to see why we cannot go back. The global economy clearly is unstable and too volatile. And personally, I rather a real war rather than this illegal economic war nations fight these days.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Again I don't see the point. Currency isn't control. It's consensus.

In addition, I really don't see what's bad for what you mentioned at the end of your post. I think a currency for the internal US and a currency for the eternal trades would work out very well. Economic problems worldwide would not affect the local economies, and vice versa.

On the first point, I have to wonder if you even know what monetary policy is and how it is supposed to work? Because controlling a currency does indeed offer you a lot of control over the economy that uses it.

en.wikipedia.org...

On the latter point, I did not express any sort of opinion. But personally, I don't see how it could have much of a basis in reality if it's just a UN or 'NWO' currency. I think the reality is that the instrument as it exists can not support much volume or it would be in greater use already.

The US is a real economy. It is still the largest and most stable economy and that is why it is the reserve currency. It will remain the main reserve until there is some viable candidate for replacing it.

It is also ironic to hear from countries who export so heavily to the US because of their essentially mercantilist policies complain about the weakness of the US economy.

The Chinese in particular would like to have their cake and eat it too, but of course life will never work that way. As in, if this existed and China had all along insisted on doing deals in it rather than dollars, China would still be where it was 20 years ago. And the idea that they don't want to be tied to the US economy is laughable given that they still do not really allow the Yuan to move to its real market value.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

If your monetary policy fails, you lose power. If it wins, everyone's happy.

Seems to me like its basically gambling. It offers no direct power security, and only offers a one way ticket to failure if you mess up. Nations have rose and fallen by these things. Nazi Germany broke away from the west and made their own monetary policy, but as a result, their government became a consensus machine. The entire government was centered on the ideology that Germany had been abused and then was their time to get back at the world. This ideology would lead to truths, lies, and a dozens of millions dead before it was stomped out.

It would seem to me that Monetary power holds no guarantee of your own security in power. It offers only the fact that the government must maintain monetary superiority or face the noose at the hands of the people.

Naturally it's only logical that Congress was given monetary control. Consensus. Even today we see the affects of attempting to divert that control to a few select. Now everyone hates the fed and their execution by either the state or the people or a future dictator seems guaranteed.

The Chinese, I imagine, see the value of a shared monetary power between the Europeans, Americans, and themselves. It means that there is no consensus. This tripartite currency would enable even sway between all three groups that are, today, looking like they will soon be the main spheres of influence in the world. One can imagine many benefits to this monetary sharing of power. First of all it gives China time. As it needs time. Like you said, it's dependent on the US. It's also dependent on oil. There's growing problems with India, and South East Asia. These fast paced changes are too much for a massive bureaucracy with a billion people.

No matter how stable the US may be, it is more stable if the power is in 3 groups with different ideologies.

The Chinese, clearly, know their capitalism.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

I'm not sure what the point of different currencies is. I mean, gold is already a "unifying" currency, isn't it?

It seems to me that making up monopoly money with your various iconic figures displayed on the different notes just serves a cultural function on the one hand (nationalism, namely) and an economic function on the other (control).

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
A one world government isn't necessarily a bad thing, people can find a conspiracy in a darn grapefruit to be honest.

I'm of the belief that a one world government would be a huge step forward as a species and much needed to progress as a planet. I'll settle for one currency in the time being.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Gakus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

Originally posted by timi0000
Is it just me or do things seem to only get worse? No matter what we try to everything gets crappier and crappier. I'm not just talking about the world.
Ever since seventh grade-I'm now 25- every year has been worse than the last. When I realize I have serious problems and try to correct them, I run into a brick wall. I see no hope for a bright future, at least not before the s**t really hits the fan, I'm just going to get what little enjoyment out of life that I can while I go down with the sinking ship that is the world and my personal life.

Believe it or not, but it's all in the mind.

Don't believe me? I've been where you're. Thinking this way is self-fulfilling.

We have to trust, we have to create, the future starts with the people themselves.

Throw out religion. Throw out your fears. Throw out the sense of helplessness.

The more you think about those things, the more imprisoned you will be.

We're creators. We have to be creators. Creating is to be free. Make new things!
edit on 6-8-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

This brings to mind a song by my FAVORITE viking battle metal band, 'Amon Amarth' and their song "Slaves of Fear" from their newest album.

"They speak of love and tolerance,
and thrive on people's ignorance
to make you all slaves of fear.

They feed on your anxiety,
to build their gent society,
They kept you down for a thousand years.

They nurture prejudice and hate
condemn the wars that they create
in the name of whatever god.

They gladly sacrifice your lives,
increasing power is their vice,
without regrets, they will spill your blood.

They're feeding you lies,
with calculated smiles,
Enslavement of the human mind
As long as you kneel to their authority.
Religion is what makes you blind

They're treating you as mindless fools,
they use you as obedient tools
It's time to set your spirit free
This world we can not tolerate,
it's time to seal all preachers fate,
and let them hang from Odin's tree!

Your minds are restrained
Obedience is the chain
They've locked you up and thrown away the key
Your souls are for sale,
And you're the ones who pay
But still, you'll never be set free"

I am with you Jonny.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus
A one world government isn't necessarily a bad thing, people can find a conspiracy in a darn grapefruit to be honest.

I'm of the belief that a one world government would be a huge step forward as a species and much needed to progress as a planet. I'll settle for one currency in the time being.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Gakus because: (no reason given)

I am also with you here. Once in good working order, I feel like a one world government and people would be able to accomplish SO much more. Technologically, medically, scientifically. It would be easier to work together, and the gains of doing so would be incredible. Sure, there would still be indifference here and there, but if the POWERS in the world government were united in their beliefs that indifference will not be tolerated, it's something that can be worked past.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

It is still the largest and most stable economy

Did you miss the past 3-4yrs?

"Stable"

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join