It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dealing with evil People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
(KJV)

Romans 12:19 , 13:1-7

12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather
give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine;
I will repay, saith the Lord.
*Deuteronomy 32:35

12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he
thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals
of fire on his head.[*Prov. 25:21,22]

12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with
good.

13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For
there is no power but of God: the powers that be are
ordained of God.

13:2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the
ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to
themselves damnation.

13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the
evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that
which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

13:4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if
thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the
sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to
execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

13:5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for
wrath, but also for conscience sake.

13:6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are
God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

13:7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom
tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear;
honour to whom honour.

*Deuteronomy
32:35 To me belongeth vengeance and recompence; their
foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is
at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make
haste.

*Probverbs
32:35 To me belongeth vengeance and recompence; their
foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is
at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make
haste.

(NIV)

Ro. 12:19 Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God’s
wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”
[*Deut. 32:35] says the Lord.

Ro. 12:20 On the contrary: “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is
thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will
heap burning coals on his head.” [*Prov. 25:21,22]

Ro. 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Ro. 13:1 Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities,
for there is no authority except that which God has
established. The authorities that exist have been established
by God.

Ro. 13:2 Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling
against what God has instituted, and those who do so will
bring judgment on themselves.

Ro. 13:3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those
who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one
in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you.

Ro. 13:4 For he is God’s servant to do you good. But if you do
wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing.
He is God’s servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment
on the wrongdoer.

Ro. 13:5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not
only because of possible punishment but also because of
conscience.

Ro. 13:6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s
servants, who give their full time to governing.

Ro. 13:7 Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay
taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if
honour, then honour.

*De. 32:35 It is mine to avenge; I will repay. In due time their foot will
slip; their day of disaster is near and their doom rushes upon
them.”

*Pr. 25:21 If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; if he is thirsty,
give him water to drink.
Pr. 25:22 In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head, and the
LORD will reward you.

James 1:19-20

(KJV)

1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be
swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

1:20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of
God.

(NIV)

Ja. 1:19 My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be
quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,

Ja. 1:20 for man’s anger does not bring about the righteous life that
God desires

(KJV)

Probverbs 2:11-15

2:11 Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall
keep thee:

2:12 To deliver thee from the way of the evil man, from the
man that speaketh froward things;

2:13 Who leave the paths of uprightness, to walk in the
ways of darkness;

2:14 Who rejoice to do evil, and delight in the frowardness
of the wicked;

2:15 Whose ways are crooked, and they froward in their
paths:

(NIV)

Pr. 2:11 Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard
you.

Pr. 2:12 Wisdom will save you from the ways of wicked men, from
men whose words are perverse,

Pr. 2:13 who leave the straight paths to walk in dark ways,

Pr. 2:14 who delight in doing wrong and rejoice in the perverseness of
evil,

Pr. 2:15 whose paths are crooked and who are devious in their ways.

(KJV)

Ephesians 4:31-52

4:31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour,
and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted,
forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath
forgiven you.

(NIV)

Ep. 4:31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander,
along with every form of malice.

Ep. 4:32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each
other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

(KJV)

1 Timothy 5:8

5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for
those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is
worse than an infidel.

1Ti. 5:8 If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for
his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse
than an unbeliever

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
If only 1% of these guidelines would be followed by 1% of the world population.....

This one is a little unclear... Does it mean that Sharia courts are created by god? Or governments for example ?

Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities,
by God.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by WeAreNothingWithoutGOD

So what is this exactly?

The bible of the PTB?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

by God.

The leader is good, the leader is great, surrender your will, as of this date.

Religion is man-made, and it involves submitting to a totalitarian edict, and surrendering your criticial thinking faculties.

And your username: WeAreNothingWithoutGOD

We ARE, we are something without God;

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/52407d5db859.jpg[/atsimg]

We always have been.

We have the words of men pretending they know God, and what we have from "GOD" is earthquakes, cancer, and the inevitable death of our sun and the destruction of life.

......perhaps a pessimistic overview, but that's what your have to accept if you believe some special creator designed this world with us in mind.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
These bible thumping threads are becoming really boring, why do you want to clog up the site with your nonsense?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ExistentialNightmare

Love it!!

We have the words of men pretending they know God, and what we have from "GOD" is earthquakes, cancer, and the inevitable death of our sun and the destruction of life.

......perhaps a pessimistic overview, but that's what your have to accept if you believe some special creator designed this world with us in mind.

I believe an Act of God is an invention by insurance companies in order to wiggle out of payment.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I believe an Act of God is an invention by insurance companies in order to wiggle out of payment.

Funny you say that! I just watched the The Man Who Sued God a few weeks ago

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

You have by other contributors been criticized for your 'conclusions'. I would like to add my voice and include criticism of the 'the bible 'proves' the bible'-method you use.

It's strange, that circle-argumentation STILL is presented, considering how useless it is, and how much it reflects negatively back on its users.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

So what is this exactly?

The bible of the PTB?

It is saying that a person can avoid the necessity of law based on observing THE law. The only law that matters is do unto others. The golden rule is love for others. If we love others and seek for others first, then no law is necessary. Men could live free from government. Government is only there to regulate the sickness in men. Objectivism is the cancer that we teach in our society. This is the opposite of love for God and others. It is a prideful love of self. Thank Ayn Rand for much of the problem.

LINK

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
You present incredulity as your argument. This is a dead end to pride. The Bible is verified on countless levels. Living life is the most important confirmation. The Bible demonstrates its truth against the laboratory of actions in the real world. All results are confirmed against the Word of God. The Bible is also verified by physics. LINK It is also verified by our own inner natures. As artificial created lifeforms, we are in our infancy as children. This explains how many lack the spiritual maturity to show an engaged sentience when it comes to behavior toward others. The Bible is the ultimate guidebook to growing from this childish nature of self. Life is the mirror we reflect from to learn how to behave in the kingdom of God to come. LINK

1 Corinthians 13

11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Originally posted by bogomil

You have by other contributors been criticized for your 'conclusions'. I would like to add my voice and include criticism of the 'the bible 'proves' the bible'-method you use.

It's strange, that circle-argumentation STILL is presented, considering how useless it is, and how much it reflects negatively back on its users.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

You wrote:

["Objectivism is the cancer that we teach in our society."]

And exactly which of the some 50.000 subjective religious options is to replace this 'cancer'?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExistentialNightmare

by God.

Religion is man-made, and it involves submitting to a totalitarian edict, and surrendering your criticial thinking faculties.

And your username: WeAreNothingWithoutGOD

We ARE, we are something without God;

We always have been.

Your picture says 1000 words, all of them incorrect to the intent of God. The calamities that happen in this material world are set. The Haiti earthquake is a good example of a set destiny that would happen regardless of mans actions. We see this a judgment and it is. Our perspective on this judgment is critical.

In Genesis 3, man made the choice to follow his own pride. Each day, we all do the same by our actions and choices. God offered to walk with us through this life and that offer still exists. When we separate ourselves, events that are unforeseen are simply events that we choose to miss by not listening to God.

When God was walking in the garden, He found man hiding behind their fig leaves representing their sin. We are still there. Notice that God was still walking with man in the garden. He still is. We are not listening. Any set destiny will become a judgment for those not listening to God. Like it or not, God will love those who love Him. Nothing is lost in this world when we love the one who can save us and preserve us through this journey in the wilderness of life. We die and are reborn. Jesus says, "you must be born again." In other words, it is not an option. The only option is where you are born.

If you cannot learn to love God and others, you are born back into the water of the material world to live again. If you love God and others, you are born again into the spirit. John 3 could not be clearer on this matter. It is plain spoken worlds.

If you want another verification on this, read the passage below.

3 Then the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil. And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason.”

4 “Skin for skin!” Satan replied.

A snake sheds its skin, but the snake inside is the same. Satan had just finished off Job's kids. The children will be back in another body. It is the way of this fallen world.

Any Christian will tell you that the soul is placed in our body by God. They will also tell you that it can be reborn into another new body in heaven. What we miss in the Christian world is the possibility of rebirth as described by Jesus in John 3. Most Christians know it happens, they just don't see that it happens more than two times. The only verse to refute this is this one:

Hebrews 9

27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,

This is as afar as most get with this verse. I will say here that man is judged, but the soul can not die. There will also be a final judgment. This assumes other judgments before. Now take a look at the rest of the verse. Ask yourself this question: When does salvation come and who is waiting for it?

28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

You see, we have been here many times and are waiting patiently for His second coming. Doubt if you like. You are only denying the obvious. Divine justice is God's long-suffering with us.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
What is the point of cut and pasting massive amounts of text from the Bible without original input from the author? Any non Christian will simply not bother reading, and most Christians already own a Bible and can look it up themselves. Its almost like Christian spam mail, and it waters down your message to any 'non-believer' who may have actually been interested in the topic.

Are you simply too lazy to sum it up in your own words or do you simply lack the imagination required?
edit on 6/8/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
If you are looking for evidence of the Bible being the work of God, look at anything man does. Nothing is ever consistent. Especially when many men, over centuries, have had their hands on something. The Bible is 100% consistent to its message. Many of the writers did not have access to the other documents as they were writing their own. Evidence aplenty. More evidence here LINK.

As I stated in the post you are replying to, it is the golden rule. When man is finally done with their pride, they will realize that wisdom is not found by walking alone in the wilderness. There are countless members of the human family that already understand this point. When a person walks with God, humility is required. A true member of God's family loves God and others. This exchanges objectivism with altruism. The combination of love for God and altruism negates the need for a single written law. We do unto other first. No law of God can be broken under this plan. As stated in Galations 3, the law was a guardian to us as we learn the point of it all.

23 Before the coming of this faith,[j] we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.
26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

You wrote:

["Objectivism is the cancer that we teach in our society."]

And exactly which of the some 50.000 subjective religious options is to replace this 'cancer'?

edit on 6-8-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Presenting a whole-package scenario of self-containing answers, self-containing methodology and self-proclaimed 'winning' usually only leads ONE place: Entrenched self-proclaimed authority.

You may or may not be able to convince readers here of such an 'authority', but mankind has finally started to understand the risks of self-proclaimed 'authority', so the use of it will probably have the opposite effect by scaring people away, rather than attracting them.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
No Christian living a Christ-like life claims authority over anyone. The point is equality and freedom for the individual and away from the tyranny of others. Freedom is only gained when every man seeks the betterment of others.

Self-seeking is the pride you speak of leading men to place themselves over others in a position of authority. This leads to prejudice and oppression. I have heard you try many times to flip this back on the Christian but you are only trying to deceive yourself. True Christianity is about altruism and assisting others. I will agree that there are many fake Christians, but this does not represent what the aim of a Christ-like life is all about.

Nothing good can come from objectivism except tyranny and oppressive laws. We see the results of this in our society. No amount of laws passed will curb the tide of self-seeking materialistic individualism. All our problems in society can be traced back to this mindset. Genesis 3 and pride is the issue.

Presenting a whole-package scenario of self-containing answers, self-containing methodology and self-proclaimed 'winning' usually only leads ONE place: Entrenched self-proclaimed authority.

You may or may not be able to convince readers here of such an 'authority', but mankind has finally started to understand the risks of self-proclaimed 'authority', so the use of it will probably have the opposite effect by scaring people away, rather than attracting them.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

You wrote:

["No Christian living a Christ-like life claims authority over anyone."]

Claiming unvalidated, but absolute 'truth' of your mythological manual is an 'authority'claim. Using unvalidated methods as 'tools' is based on authority. Self-declared 'winning' is an authority-argument.

Quote: ["Self-seeking is the pride you speak of leading men to place themselves over others in a position of authority. This leads to prejudice and oppression. I have heard you try many times to flip this back on the Christian but you are only trying to deceive yourself."]

There is surprisingly little self-deception in objective procedure. Especially compared to subjective positions and methods including quite a deal of semantic cosmetics.

Quote: ["True Christianity is about altruism and assisting others."]

I will leave the debate of whom the 'true' christians are mainly to christians. I'm addressing those christians, who believe they are 'right', and who give themselves 'rights'.

Quote: ["Nothing good can come from objectivism except tyranny and oppressive laws."]

You are repeating yourself. You have however not answered my question on how to choose between subjective systems.

Quote: ["We see the results of this in our society. No amount of laws passed will curb the tide of self-seeking materialistic individualism."]

Your black/white exaggeration of "self-seeking" materialism is still preferable to totalitarian theocracy. You should brush up your knowledge of political philosophy, before making such statements.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
We are not talking about objective procedure in science. Objectivism is a vastly different subject. Read the Wiki. This is better defined as blasphemy against the Holy Spirit (Consciousness).

There is surprisingly little self-deception in objective procedure. Especially compared to subjective positions and methods including quite a deal of semantic cosmetics.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

You wrote:

["We are not talking about objective procedure in science."]

You are very generous with your 'WES'. Actually I am talking about objective procedure in science/logic, and have been doing so all along. Ascribing any Ayn Rand position to me is fighting windmills.

Quote: ["This is better defined as blasphemy against the Holy Spirit (Consciousness)."]

What you consider blasphemy or not is, with all respect for your right to a subjective choice of religion, completely irrelevant to me. Trying to imply that I have to go along according to your rules only accentuates the authoritarian approach.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
you know how you deal with evil people, drive a stake through their heart, cut their head off and burn the remains, and bury them dowsed in holy water............... I heard it works on vampires too....

killem with kindness is all well and good, but sometimes you gotta fight fire with fire to truly stop evil from persisting.
If the psycho drugged out killer is trying to kill you, I doubt you are going to bake him some cookies.............right?

"All that is necessary to evil to triumph over good is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke..
edit on 6/8/11 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

top topics

join