It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Jesus Christ First

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
out of all the books in the new testament Jesus is mentioned in all the books in line 1:1
except these

Book 42 Luke
Book 43 John
Book 58 Hebrews - does mention the son which is Jesus
Book 62 1 John
Book 63 2 John
Book 64 3 John

which in term proves
Jesus Christ is first
in your conversations
in your music
in your television shows
in your family
at your job
in every aspect of your life Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is number on in all our life's


Book 40 Matthew

1:1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of
David, the son of Abraham.


Book 41 Mark

1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of
God;

Book 44 Acts

1:1 The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all
that Jesus began both to do and teach,


Book 45 Romans

1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle,
separated unto the gospel of God,


Book 46 1 Corinthians

1:1 Paul called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the
will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,


Book 47 2 Corinthians

1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and
Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at
Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:


Book 48 Galatians

1:1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by
Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the
dead



Book 49 Ephesians

1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to
the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ
Jesus:



Book 50 Philippians

1:1 Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all
the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the
bishops and deacons:



Book 51 Colossians

1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and
Timotheus our brother,



Book 52 1 Thessalonians

1:1 Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of
the Thessalonians which is in God the Father and in the
Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God
our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.


Book 53 2 Thessalonians

1:1 Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of



Book 54 1 Timothy

1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment
of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our
hope;
the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus
Christ:
Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God
our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.



Book 55 2 Timothy

1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God,
according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,




Book 56 Titus

1:1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ,
according to the faith of God's elect, and the
acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;



Book 57 Philemon

1:1 Paul, a prisoner of Jesus Christ, and Timothy our
brother, unto Philemon our dearly beloved, and
fellowlabourer,



Book 59 James

1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to
the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.



Book 60 1 Peter

1:1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers
scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia,
and Bithynia,



Book 63 2 Peter

1:1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to
them that have obtained like precious faith with us through
the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:



Book 65 Jude

1:1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James,
to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and
preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:



Book 66 Revelation

1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto
him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly
come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto
his servant John:





Book 58 Hebrews

1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son,
whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also
he made the worlds;




posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
You have a very good point...only if the bible weren't riddled with contradictions and I believed a word of it.
edit on 8/6/2011 by Josonic because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeAreNothingWithoutGOD

which in term proves
Jesus Christ is first
in your conversations
in your music
in your television shows
in your family
at your job
in every aspect of your life Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is number on in all our life's


I don't agree with your all inclusive use of the word 'your'. You are preaching in the worst way possible! Religion is a person thing and perhaps you should limit it to yourself instead of trying to hit other people of the head with it.

Your post should read: in my conversations, in my music, in my television shows, in my family, at my job, in every aspect of my life My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is number one in my life.

... and perhaps your username should be IAmNothingWithoutGOD.

Just sayin..

IRM



posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by WeAreNothingWithoutGOD
 


It's true because the bible said so.



posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I would encourage you to look into the false apostle Jesus warned us about...you have an "awful lot" regarding Paul...Paul elevated himself to apostolic stature, and Jesus warned repeatedly about this....

www.youtube.com...

This is only one youtube vid, you should search yourself, it is quite overwhelming the amount of data which suggests "Paul" is a test...
edit on 6-8-2011 by Drala because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Drala
 


And to further that...Catholicism is the harlot which rides upon the beast...look at the corruption of the catholic church...Paul being the center of their teachings..."be cautious my friend"



posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Drala
 


this video gets to the point a bit quicker...and with mellower music lol...

www.youtube.com...

Notice in your posts...Paul is mentioned almost as much as Jesus himself...strange in IMHO. I appreciate the elevation of Jesus, but the reading of Paul's name in this thread so many times is close to blasphemous...can you see the effort to place him so highly despite he never was taught as all the other apostles were? He elated himself....sorry to railroad...but its something to consider...
edit on 6-8-2011 by Drala because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Drala
 


I am not a Catholic I am an Atheist if anything but.....


Catholicism is the harlot which rides upon the beast...look at the corruption of the catholic church


Really? The supposed corruption of the Catholic Church is actually no worse than the corruption in all Churches BUT it is not the Catholic religion/church that is corrupt but a few of the people in the Church.

ANYWHERE there are humans involved in power and or money there will be corruption - it doe not matter which religion or organisation it is.

To liken Catholicism to an harlot is insulting and uncalled for.



posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan
 


The list of atrocities committed by the Catholic Church throughout history is unbelievable;

I agree though; extraordinary claims without evidence as a basis generally breed corruption, fraud and deception.
edit on 6-8-2011 by ExistentialNightmare because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by Drala
 


I am not a Catholic I am an Atheist if anything but.....


Catholicism is the harlot which rides upon the beast...look at the corruption of the catholic church


Really? The supposed corruption of the Catholic Church is actually no worse than the corruption in all Churches BUT it is not the Catholic religion/church that is corrupt but a few of the people in the Church.

ANYWHERE there are humans involved in power and or money there will be corruption - it doe not matter which religion or organisation it is.

To liken Catholicism to an harlot is insulting and uncalled for.


That's right 100%. If we make a list of evil people, we will find other common factors between them, besides their religion. Example : Maybe 70% of them are vegetarians, so vegetarians are evil.

A church is a perfect place to hide for evil people, but once detected, a bad association with the rest of the persons with him results unavoidable.



posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Josonic
You have a very good point...only if the bible weren't riddled with contradictions and I believed a word of it.


The translations have a few errors, but they are well known. There are no contradictions. Usually people who make this charge have no idea about Hermaneutics.



posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drala
I would encourage you to look into the false apostle Jesus warned us about...you have an "awful lot" regarding Paul...Paul elevated himself to apostolic stature, and Jesus warned repeatedly about this....

www.youtube.com...

This is only one youtube vid, you should search yourself, it is quite overwhelming the amount of data which suggests "Paul" is a test...



Read 2 Peter 3:15-16.



posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


You wrote:

["The translations have a few errors, but they are well known. There are no contradictions. Usually people who make this charge have no idea about Hermaneutics."]

You don't need any advanced knowledge of hermaneutics to see the contradictions. Gen. 1 and 2 have them.

Quote from your next post: ["Read 2 Peter 3:15-16."]

And as usual, when you bring up this: It's from several perspectives a practically worthless argument.




edit on 6-8-2011 by bogomil because: spelling, syntax



posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
and harry potter was mentioned in all of his books too.



posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


You don't need any advanced knowledge of hermaneutics to see the contradictions. Gen. 1 and 2 have them.


Forget an advanced knowledge of Hermaneutics, nearly every skeptic claim of contradictions doesn't have a basic knowledge of Hermaneutics.



And as usual, when you bring up this: It's from several perspectives a practically worthless argument.


From ignorant sources and people who have a problem with Paul only. They hate 2 Peter because he affirms Paul's ministry and doctrine in his letters. Peter was an illiterate fisherman, he employed the service of an amanuensis. Silvanus and John Mark were two known ones, and who knows who he dictated 2 Peter to while in a Roman prison.



posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


You wrote:

["Forget an advanced knowledge of Hermaneutics, nearly every skeptic claim of contradictions doesn't have a basic knowledge of Hermaneutics."]

Concerning gen 1 and 2, the 'hermaneutic' knowledge needed is the ability to distinguish the difference between a sequence of events A-B-C from a sequence A-C-B. I guess most people are able to do that.

But what I strongly suspect is, that for SOME christians this 'hermanutics' is semantic acrobatics, where rhetoric or scholastics 'explain' away contradictions in the bible.

Quote: [" From ignorant sources and people who have a problem with Paul only."]

While your claim of 'ignorance' in opposition to Paulus just is a claim, I think, that 'having a problem' with him is a legitimate position. Personally I do have such a problem.

Quote: ["They hate 2 Peter because he affirms Paul's ministry and doctrine in his letters."]

There have been rather competent christians also on this forum, who rather level-headed have questioned Peter 2. Besides it's enough to be able to read, to form an opinion on the matter.

Quote: ["Peter was an illiterate fisherman, he employed the service of an amanuensis. Silvanus and John Mark were two known ones, and who knows who he dictated 2 Peter to while in a Roman prison."]

That's for bible-scholars to quibble about, and it's actually the smallest of my concerns here. What I relate to is the factual content of the verses, and that Paulus otherwise didn't get along with the other apostles.

For me it's obvious, that he hijacked the movement, which later became christianity.



posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
in the beginning
lol which is also line 1:1 lol that's the whole point
GOD or JESUS is mentioned as Number One
doesn't matter how you look at it He's still number 1
that is the whole point



posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
How long have you been a follower of Jesus? What changed your views? I was born Jewish but grew up shaping my own view of God and life.



posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by WeAreNothingWithoutGOD
 


Do you believe in the Trinity? Personally I'm not a supporter of the Trinity or One God Three Persons. But whatever makes you happy. You know?



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join