It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this Jack the Ripper? Scotland Yard's Chief Inspector named as serial killer in new investigatio

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Is this Jack the Ripper? Scotland Yard's Chief Inspector Frederick Abberline named as serial killer in new investigation

Scene from the movie "From Hell" from source site

Suspects have ranged from a member of Royal Family to a local butcher – but it is now claimed that Jack the Ripper was the very detective who led the hunt for the killer.

Mr Abad is a handwriting expert and has compared Abberline’s writing with that in the Ripper’s diary – which surfaced in Liverpool in 1992. Mr Abad, says: ‘I have no doubt Abberline was the Ripper. Handwriting does not lie.’
Sou rce link

Wouldn't be shocked if it was the investigator, explains who he got away with the crimes. Or even that of a doctor involved in the case(as the Hollywood movie illustrates).

Earlier this years news on Jack the Ripper, said that Scotland Yard was trying to keep the files a secret.
See here

A conspiracy of the Scotland yard to hide the truth, or a writer just claiming what he thinks is the truth...we'll see...maybe.

(image from source, (caution)site page also has head shots of the victims)
edit on 6-8-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2011 by dreamingawake because: link

edit on 6-8-2011 by dreamingawake because: image link

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
My vote has most certainly got to be on YET another writer trying to sell their book claiming to have finally figured out for really really real who Jack the Ripper is. As a bit of an amateur Ripper historian myself, I have several books. Each claiming they knew for CERTAIN who the Ripper really was. Every single one of them claimed someone different.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Very interesting! Thanks for bringing it to the boards. I'm interested and will follow to see what others have to say. In my opinion? Anything is possible in this instance!!!

Edit to Add: By the way - would you please add a link to the pic? The link you listed is for an article.

Peace
edit on 6-8-2011 by silo13 because: see above

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I doubt Chief Inspector had the scientific skills The Ripper had. Check 4 first canonical victims and finally "admire" the fifth. Abberline? In my opinion, impossible. Or even worse, inconsistent. Could have Abberline written that diary? Of course. But in my opinion all this are just summer tales (to be turned into summer sales)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thanks for pointing that out, not sure where it went(had a few posting issues)...added now.
I hope they update it more!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
One thing I find very interesting about the Jack the Ripper case is what Sir Arthur Conan Doyle said. His theory was not that it was necessarily Jack the Ripper, but Jill the Ripper. It very well could have been one of the prostitutes who did the murders. A fellow-prostitute would have been someone who would never have been suspected. And the surgeon-style cuts could be performed by anyone who has had the slightest bit of practice.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
It's a bit like trying to identify King Arthur or Robin Hood: lots of rival theories, all claiming some kind of evidence, but when it's all said and done, I think it's too late now for us to ever be able to identify him with any degree of real certainty.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I wasn't aware that Scotland Yard refuses to release the Jack the Ripper files. That is insane! Who are they protecting? It can either be a member of the establishment/Royalty or a colleague.
edit on 6/8/11 by Lebowski achiever because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

I love the way the police say it will haver an effect on current informers if the old informers are named.

Why dont they just black out the names then?

Just when you think they couldnt do anything more stupid and they out do themselves.

Its obvious the suspect is a person of high standing or in the police force and they want to protect him.

"Another senior officer, Detective Superintendent Julian McKinney, told the tribunal that releasing names would make police officers less capable of preventing terrorist attacks and organised crime, and make informants vulnerable to attack. "

Got to love that logic, releasing JTRs name will result in more terrorist attacks!
edit on 6-8-2011 by Flyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

The excuses are lame beyond description. This case is more than a hundred years old and there is absolutely no way that the way they investigated that case then, has any bearing on preventing terrorism now. They are protecting someone and I personally believe that it is Royalty. Probably not as a murderer but probably as a witness. It is known that one of the grandsons of Queen Vic visited places like White Chapel once in a while.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Wouldn't be shocked if it was the investigator, explains who he got away with the crimes. Or even that of a doctor involved in the case(as the Hollywood movie illustrates). Earlier this years news on Jack the Ripper, said that Scotland Yard was trying to keep the files a secret. See here A conspiracy of the Scotland yard to hide the truth, or a writer just claiming what he thinks is the truth...we'll see...maybe.

I just highlighted this part so I could see what it says. The red letters are very hard to read. I'll S&F you even though you are ruining my eyes.
Spicy topic! I'd like another picture as well. I like to see a front view of the guy anyway.

I agree with others here who wonder why all the secrecy and conspiracy?

Why don't we have the Secrets of the Dead show or another of the Cold Case detectives go over there and figure this out once and for all?

I can't believe there was not some DNA left at one of the many murders.

We can solve a cold case murder from a scrap of bone and a footprint.

It is in someone powerful's best interest, or their families best interest, TO KEEP THIS VAGUE, mysterious and unknown. That is the only explanation I can figure.

edit on 6-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
It certainly would explain why they still have the files top secret. Secrecy means they have something to hide.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Like many others, this case has always "fascinated" me. I am surprised that no side-by-side comparison of hand-writing (Ripper/Inspector) was included in the article. Personally, I find the "Nathan Kominsky theory" the most credible...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The 1992 journal was a hoax. Furthermore, it was a hoax that clearly indicated James Maybrick as the Ripper. This is just another baseless claim in order to make money.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees

I doubt Chief Inspector had the scientific skills The Ripper had. Check 4 first canonical victims and finally "admire" the fifth. Abberline? In my opinion, impossible. Or even worse, inconsistent. Could have Abberline written that diary? Of course. But in my opinion all this are just summer tales (to be turned into summer sales)

What if it was 2 people.

One who kidnapped...the other who cut.

So The chief inspector would drug them or knock them out or something and then the doctor or surgeon would be near either in hiding or in a nearby house where they would do the killing then place the body back out on the streets so as to divert attention away from where the killing actually took place and away from the initial kidnapping area.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Another popular theory is that Winston Churchill's father was Jack the Ripper.

edit on 6-8-2011 by DeReK DaRkLy because: ...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
There are some people that believe that (Jack The Ripper) was really from the United States...and just lived in London for a while and when this person was through with their killing spree...they came back to the U.S. to live.

Here is the link: casebook.org...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever
I wasn't aware that Scotland Yard refuses to release the Jack the Ripper files. That is insane! Who are they protecting? It can either be a member of the establishment/Royalty or a colleague.

The rumor is that a prince was the ripper. That's the only reason they would keep the files secret this long so it wouldn't tarnish the royal family.
edit on 6-8-2011 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
There are some people that believe that (Jack The Ripper) was really from the United States...and just lived in London for a while and when this person was through with their killing spree...they came back to the U.S. to live.

Here is the link: casebook.org...

I dont believe that, theyd have just released the documents if that was the case.

Its someone famous and someone who would put the establishment in a bad light, ie police, royalty or as in the post above, churchills father.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Does Scotland yard still have an on- going investigation in to the jack the ripper case?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join