It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northern lights may be seen in (Continental Pacific)Northwest, if weather cooperates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Northern lights may be seen in Northwest, if weather cooperates

SEATTLE – Increased solar activity could bring the northern lights to the Northwest and even as far south as northern Oregon this weekend, but the weather in some areas will make the chances of seeing it pretty slim.

I've always been a fan of the Northern Lights. I am excited yet possibly worried, as to say this will be a new norm as with the way things have been changing-with that have heard of them in other continental US areas before-or in at least the past few years-, so maybe it is far off to worry. I've yet to view them tonight thus why waiting so I could share the pictures. Even with the clear starry sky none in sight. The article says there's more chance later this weekend, specifically Saturday to view, if even anything.

Anyone caught a glimpse, pictures?
edit on 6-8-2011 by dreamingawake because: sp

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I wish I could see them.
Tonights not gonna work though, very cloudy skies.
I'm smack dab in the middle of SW Washington.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Cool!!! I have seen them once from here (NW corner of Washington State) about 15 years ago. One of the most amazing things I have ever seen.

I'll be keeping an eye out and my camera ready. We were a bit cloudy today but it's suposed to be nice this weekend!

Here's a good site for tracking.
edit on 6-8-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Yes, hopefully it stays nice! I swear in the early 2000s I seen a slight glimpse of them on the eastern side of the state, but haven't since. Though, maybe wrong since that would be the first time seeing them in person.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread, I did not realize that the aurora had come down that far, and I know that is rare. I will be hoping that someone is able to get some pictures.

That would be really neat to be able to see the northern lights, but it is cloudy here in NW Oregon, so I do not think I will be seeing them this time.

edit on 6-8-2011 by PacificBlue because: sp

edit on 6-8-2011 by PacificBlue because: s

top topics

join