It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The terrorists won. Look at our economy for proof.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

"On 11 March 2005, Al-Quds Al-Arabi published extracts from Saif al-Adel's document 'Al Quaeda's Strategy to the Year 2020'. Abdel Bari Atwan summarizes this strategy as comprising five stages to rid the umma from all forms of oppression:

1 Provoke the United States into invading a Muslim country.

2 Incite local resistance to occupying forces.

3 Expand the conflict to neighboring countries, and engage the U.S. in a long war of attrition.

4 Convert al-Qaeda into an ideology and set of operating principles that can be loosely franchised in other countries without requiring direct command and control, and via these franchises incite attacks against countries allied with the U.S. until they withdraw from the conflict, as happened with the 2004 Madrid train bombings, but which did not have the same effect with the 7 July 2005 London bombings.

5 The U.S. economy will finally collapse under the strain of too many engagements in too many places, making the world wide economic system which is depended by the U.S. also collapse leading to global political instability, which in turn leads to a global jihad led by Al-Qaeda and a Wahhabi Caliphate will then be installed across the world.

Atwan also noted, regarding the collapse of the U.S., 'If this sounds far-fetched, it is sobering to consider that this virtually describes the downfall of the Soviet Union.'"

The source cited in the wikipedia article is from a book and has a much more detailed explanation of these points: *LINK DOESN'T WORK, Check Reddit post if you want the book*

en.wikipedia.org...

www.reddit.com...

I found this interesting given the recent news about our economy. It isn't a joke when the people say the terrorists have won. They definitely have.

I don't know if you've seen this or not. I feel it relates to our Politics and the recent announcement by S&P that we are no longer a AAA credit score country.
edit on 8/6/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/6/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Pretty sure it was bankers and VP´s of company´s and non stop trading scams that set the economy into the spiral it is in, and not just in the US , but all over the world. Greed was the cause, not terrorist.

Stating otherwise for me sounds like a deflection from the real cause.

And on a another note.

Thought i read somewhere that all the credit company´s were run by american´s and the british, except for one company (not in the mood to look it up). So if the country dropped from the front line of the credit rating it´s either a decoy to get some new laws in effect or simply just a small mistake and it will be sorted within a short period of time. As i have full confidence that groups of well educated men and women sitting together in those high places schemed years ahead to justify there means, rather then a group of men sitting in a cave scheme´d to bring down a 311,926,354 million people country.

Just sounds a little wierd, but hey what do i know. Im just a terrorist from Iceland (well in the eyes of the british)

edit on 6-8-2011 by Spacedman13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Spacedman13

Greed is the terrorist. It could be argued that we went into iraq because of greed. Ect

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
what terrorists?

you mean the people in charge of most of the western world?!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
The terrorist won when they enacted the UN-PATRIOT ACT. When they illegally invaded Iraq. Stole oil from the Iraqis with US tax dollars and sold it back to the US at a premium. Stole Poppies from the Afghans to further medicate this docile society. Hopefully they will be tried and convicted one day.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

You mean the TPTB/elites that planned all this right??

IMO they want a war and when everyone has nothing left to loose, which is fast approaching, I hope they wake up and realize who the true enemy is and take them down.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Too right spacedman

I think the OP got the wrong terrorists!

ETA:

Im just a terrorist from Iceland (well in the eyes of the british)

Really? Not in the eyes of this ex-pat Briton my friend. I applaud Iceland's actions. Ireland should do the same and stick a finger up to the bankers and rich bastards.
edit on 6/8/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Yeah i should have added the word Government after "british" as im pretty sure most people know blaming Iceland for the fall of the economy was just another deflection away from the troubles they had. And when i say they i mean the government again.

((((Not entirely sure im quoting the right stats here because i just gave up listening to "Ze politizianz" but if im correct then the whole Icesave debt was 1% or 0.1% of the dept the royal bank of England. And that´s just one bank.))))

The above statement might be totally inacurate and i might not even be getting the name of the bank right, but that is what i think it is. And to be honest im really not even interested learning what the right stats are so im not even going to bother looking it up.

Don´t get me wrong though i feel for all those who lost alot investing in that scam.

Need to stop myself off here because i could go on and on for atleast a hour or two into this subject just spamming this post with stuff i don´t understand and so much outrage at the lack of enforcement on both country´s side´s.

My rage is pointed toward the "system" and not the people (well except for those who run the system and can change it which could actually be debated as all people as we all have the power to do so and we could all do something to change things so infact i could actually be raged towards "us" the people but in my theory of my mind im just raged towards those who made the status as it is today and those who are in positions today that could make the change but don´t)

Sheesh Puterman you just woke a sleeping giant i just erased tons and tons of text when i noticed i was just going on and on about nothing and everything all at once. And im noticing i allready tried stopping myself erlier in the post. I could go on editing this post and i prolly will but i just love tossing thing out of my head as they come.

By the way my friend hope you been having a good summer i most sertenly have

edit on 6-8-2011 by Spacedman13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749

Greed is the terrorist. It could be argued that we went into iraq because of greed. Ect

And i could go on and say that if greed is the terrorist then those filled with greed are terrorist then by what you are saying that your goverment is a terrorist group and bankers are a terrorist group . Ect

But instead of throwing out ideas of terrorism and what is considerd as "terrorism" we should stay on point and as the original post states. Al-Qaeda coused the depression and the credit rank loss, which i already stated is not likely as it was a global event not a country event.

new topics

top topics

join