It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Anti-Mac Post...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by g0dhims3lf

We'll agree to disagree. But that's a rant for another day.

I'd be interested in seeing the responses to the responses I've posted.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

already did.
Mac can run anything windows or linux can run because you can run those OS right in your mac
Games work just fine on them
Why make something complicated when it can be simple and accomplish the same thing

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by g0dhims3lf

But it can't and games don't work because the hardware can't play then. Sorry

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
reply to post by OccamAssassin

I disagree. Apple may have once been better, I can actually see that because of how bad windows 98 is and stuff. But they are no longer better. It's the sad truth.

That's what I was trying to say.

I had another paragraph bagging out apple, but it was a bit defamatory so I deleted it before posting

edit on 6/8/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

What do you mean it cant and it doesnt?
Windows on Mac
you can also just google windows on mac, linux on mac, to see other ways of accomplishing this

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I have a Mac but I use it more and more booted into Windows XP, especially after the buggy Lion "upgrade".
I have used Apple computers exclusively since the early 80's, never owned anything but an Apple computer.
But I'm finding this Windows XP has a lot of things in it that Apple is only just now implementing in Mac OS. I also can access anything I want in Windows and am not treated like a baby nor like my hardware doesn't belong to me.
The things Apple used to be about and support are no more. OS X 10.7 crashes and is a total unreliable mess, making me have to do hard shut downs and the like. Ironically, Windows XP runs more reliably and is more stable on my Mac than OS X 10.7.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

But it can't and games don't work because the hardware can't play then. Sorry

You have obviously never owned a mac, or you would realize how ignorant and ridiculous your comment sounds. I bought my mac pro in 2008, and it can play all modern games high graphics settings just fine. It does not matter if they were made for Windows or OS X. Almost every intelligent person I know has already switched to a mac, or plans on switching very soon. Windows PCs are severely handicapped a this point.
edit on 6-8-2011 by ASFx2600 because: fixed quote

edit on 6-8-2011 by ASFx2600 because: typo

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ASFx2600

I own a mac right now. It's sitting in front of me shut off.

I don't like it. I have to use it though. :|

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I own a mac right now. It's sitting in front of me shut off.

I don't like it. I have to use it though. :|

Try to use it more and you will realize just how powerful it is, and how it will allow you to accomplish anything. Running Windows is just a small portion of what you can do on your mac. There is literally no reason to own PC hardware anymore. In fact, if you do a search for windows performance on mac hardware vs PC hardware, you will find that windows actually runs faster on mac hardware. I'm not making that up. There are many articles about that subject

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Exactly my point. It's the hardware not the OS.

That was my whole point. lol

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Ok so your whole point was to prove Mac hardware is better, so why is yours shut? you should run windows on it if you love that OS so much.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

But see even if it's the hardware you're after, that's still all the reason you need to buy a mac. In my opinion OS X is superior in every way. I use my Mac for both business and gaming. Ever since switching form PC to Mac back in 2008, I was wondering why I didn't switch a lot sooner. It made me realize all the silly things I had to deal with in Windows, and how much of my time it wasted. I have not had a single computer crash in the last 3 years, and I haven't had to spend a single minute trying to troubleshoot problems, fix driver conflicts, or clean up spyware or viruses. Everything has always worked as it was intended.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by isthisreallife

Luck has nothing to do with it. I have run Windows since 3.1 networked and not networked - all versions up to XP except Millennium. It has been extremely rare that I had had a problem and on the very few occasions that I have had to re-install it has exclusively been because of a hardware problem.

I have used a Mac and personally I don't like them, but that is a bit of a sweeping statement as my objection was I could not get at the command line on the one I was using (many years ago). Having cut my teeth on ANSI BASIC 1.0 many years ago and PC-DOS and MS-DOS 1.0 I am much more of a command line and keyboard person that more modern users.

Unfortunately people just feel the need to get into a childish slanging match about other operating systems. I have also used installed and run Linux commercially, but I would not use it for personal use as I find it too messy.

Each to their own and no need to slang the others, they all have their problems and idiosyncrasies.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
we are at a point where they are damn near the same thing. one day they will scale the exact same as far as hardware and software goes, the thing is, apple will always cost more. they were the original hardcore fanbase in electronics other then maybe nintendo. now, they rely on being "fashionable".

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
to be fair to apple, they pretty much started the computer revolution in America. Back in the early 1980's when i was in high school, Apple made the smartest marketing move ever. they donated computers to schools nationwide. i remember the first year my school offered computer classes i took them all. even programming in FORTRAN. COBAL, pascal, basic, and applesoft.We did it on apple II apple IIe and apple II+ machines. we created our own first hard drives out of cassette players

they created the base of computer geeks that changed the world. i gotta give em props for that hands down a game changer. however since i need to have access to the OS and the ability to manipulate it as needed an apple is not a choice. overclocking and tweaking is better done in almost any other OS.

i still do everything on a dual boot LINUX/Windows machine today, i do not use apple products. they are the walmart of the computer world with a macys price tag. i do acknowledge their contribution to the computer age and respect them for that and that alone.
edit on 6-8-2011 by CaDreamer because: to add

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

Crash all the time. Blue screen of Death etc.

That's a software issue.

A mac is hardware, a pc is hardware. If Windows (software) sucks, get something better.

Linux.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I had an imac back in 2002 I think it was.It ran tiger I think it was the first osx and i hated it!Very few things could be easily added- cameras etc due to being windows only,not much choice of software so much so it also still ran os9,which I used a lot more.Macs are definitely overpriced and by the time they come out the processors seem to be dated and newer faster ones are available.I understand your rant as I too have heard these tossers say I only use mac!Sad that they actually believe them to be a status symbol.do ipads do flash yet?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ASFx2600

But see even if it's the hardware you're after, that's still all the reason you need to buy a mac. In my opinion OS X is superior in every way. I use my Mac for both business and gaming. Ever since switching form PC to Mac back in 2008, I was wondering why I didn't switch a lot sooner. It made me realize all the silly things I had to deal with in Windows, and how much of my time it wasted. I have not had a single computer crash in the last 3 years, and I haven't had to spend a single minute trying to troubleshoot problems, fix driver conflicts, or clean up spyware or viruses. Everything has always worked as it was intended.
Where do you get this idea that windows users need to troubleshoot/fix driver conflicts or clean up spyware or viruses or that windows crashes?I personally have never had to do any of these things,perhaps it's more about you installing rubbish.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Never had a Mac; money thing you know. I've tried a lot of Linux Distros, and play with them quite a lot, but I always stick with my WinXp, because of the ease of use, and availability of free apps. Recently downloaded iso's
of Backtrack 5, Blackbuntu, Sabayon YLMF, Pardus 2011 and SliTaz. Also have three different versions of Ubuntu, Beos, Haiku and ReactOS. I've pretty much tested the water quite a bit, and always come back to XP... Thanx Bill

Oh yeah, interesting story about Bill: When I graduated in 1978, I started working entry level at an Architecture Firm in Miami. My job was to sit at intersections and count traffic 2 hours in the morning and two hours in the evening. In the middle of the day, I drew free hand sketches of parking lots, etc. around the city and made measurements. Bill's first company TrafficCo took over counting traffic with a simple counter and rubber hoses laid across the road. Yep, this was Bill's start in what became Microsoft...
edit on 8/6/2011 by visualmiscreant because: added content

edit on 8/6/2011 by visualmiscreant because: spelling

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Macs are over-simplified and over-prettified in hardware and software. They may not get as many viruses but if you don't want viruses than use a Linux OS, you'll get even less - most likely none.

Windows is good if you're a gamer, but it's also good for other reasons. One of the main reasons is 99% of software will support Windows. We all know Vista was the worst thing ever, but Windows 7 looks nice and does what I want.

I also run a Ubuntu system and it is great too. Looks good and runs smoothly. Now if I want an over-priced system that requires me to ask permission of Apple for every little thing I need done then I've clearly gone insane.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join