It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NO! I will not 'just go get on food stamps'!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
If hungry people are being fed I'm happy. I'd much rather my tax dollar go to helping those in need in this country and the world than for one more DARPA project on how to more efficiently kill human beings. If I were to cry out against something it would be the defense/space/black project budget.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnightFire
I understand not all things apear what they are and I know I don't need to justify anything to you. It's nice to get something that's bothering me off my chest. Hence the rant.

I agree, its good to rant.
The rest of your post was to explain to me why I was wrong - I have to consider that justification and its EXACTLY what I didn't want you to do - because I'm on your side - but you have to figure it out

I don't have any idea who these people are, but I would not stop at reporting them to one person, one time - who knows what friends they got in there.

If my neighbor told me he made a $20,000 unreported income (investment or not, which would be an awesome use of welfare funds if it could be done and THEN reported as income) - I'd be calling the police, the welfare office itself, maybe even my congressman - and when all else failed - pick a source - NBC ABC CBS Fox?

I ain't even playin. I lived with the stigma of welfare growing up. No one better ever admit to me they're "getting over"
edit on 7-8-2011 by Forevever because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Celestial1

If you are EVER poor enough to go on food stamps (of course, now they use some kind of card)...you NEED to USE them...

Over a year ago, my wife and I were BOTH laid off during the same time period, for an overlap of a few months. We both got unemployment. Though we got the max, it wasn't even half of one paycheck (and was for the entire month)..this was STILL just $200 too much a month to go on food stamps.

Yep, that's right...on state aid, we made just a little too much to get aid for food.

Luckily, she found another job, as did I, and we were back up to what we were making (although now with depleted savings, and working out of a hole). We've both still been working since then...thankfully.

But, I'll never forget hitting that point, and yet STILL not qualifying for it. So, if you ever make so little as to qualify for them...use them. You pay your taxes, etc. for this..to be there when you need it. I'm not saying stay on it, but for a short time before you land on your feet, USE it if you NEED it.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join