It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost the use of my right hand

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Went to see my old Dr (. been my Dr. for 30 years )
He asked about the X rays and the blood work..his nurse had taken my vitals earlier..
He asked what meds they gave me .. So I asked whats wrong

Dr. pointed to a small cut and said the infection started here and has caused all this..you have a fever of 101 when you came in..He says its Celulitus ..Changed the antibiotics to Keflex and an anti inflamitory..
If this gets any worse or by Wednesday its no better you are going to the hospital..I want to see you Wednesday anyway..

He was not impressed with the ER doctors..

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Well thank God you finally figured out what the problem was. Imagine all that from a cut? Wow! Hope you feel better soon!!!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Tuesday nite..swelling is going down..can use my hand some..Dr .appointment tomorrow..meds are workeing
Thanks ATS

Sometimes ATS is like talking to friends at the kitchen table..kind of like ..what do you guys think I should do ?
Thanks for the support ATS

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by granpabobby
.meds are workeing

Uh-oh....those are "fightin' words" on this forum, apparently.

SO glad you're getting/feeling better!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

Wow...hadn't checked into this thread for a few days. As soon as you made the post about increased white count it was obvious you had an infection.

Glad you followed through and saw your primary. Cellulitis is nothing to mess with. Glad it wasn't a clot though! Be sure to follow your docs advice.

I agree with you completely about the friends around the kitchen table. While I would never rely on an on-line forum for medical advice, It certainly doesn't hurt to get help talking things through...had to have a good perspective sometimes when you are in it, especially in your case where you have been dealing with injuries for a year now.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

you have Celulitus and I have Capsulitus. Can't drink 'em... may as well drink to 'em. Make mine a cup of tea thanks.
Glad its coming along with the meds. I have to have two, ultra sound guided cortisone shots soon. Ouch....not a fan of needles.
edit on 10-8-2011 by LexiconV because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join