It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We May Be Living Within A Three Dimensonal Holographic Computer Simulation

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

There is evidence for such an idea. Michael Talbot writes about it in his book The Holographic Universe. Interesting read.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by deckdel
reply to post by TheFlash

www.newscientist.com...
thanx for the link....."nothing is as it appears"..."all is illusion" ..."i dreamed i was a butterfly,or was i a butterfly dreaming of me" ?..."everything is taking place inside our brains and nowhere else"...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
i exist as a single pixel, within some super advanced aliens vast, three dimensional, video game...(*_*)
edit on 3-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
We are unable to see anything the way it really exists,not even ourselves and eachother...

We see matter as being solid objects,when in reality,they are mostly empty space comprised of millions, perhaps billions of protons,neutron and electrons....

So why are our brains designed to make us perceive of things in only a certain way?

For one reason,if we continuously saw everything the way everything actually exists,we would'nt be able to walk across a room,or go outside,without literally "flipping out"...

But on a higher more profound level,is there someone or something out there who doesnt want us to see reality for what it really is?

And so they,or it,has wrapped a holographic illusion around our senses,around our lives,around our world,around our universe and around our reality?

I think so and i believe they are the members of an extremely advanced class-3 alien civilization...

And some of their technologies we preceive as our rain,our wind and our snow...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

For one reason,if we continuously saw everything the way everything actually exists,we would'nt be able to walk across a room,or go outside,without literally "flipping out"...

If we were born this way, we'd be used to it. It would also be a great advantage. Imagine if the Greek philosophy could see the atoms, electrons, and neutrons, and see reality as it really is. I wonder what their thoughts would be.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Awareness knows itself alone.
youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Ancestor Simulation,is reality an illusion? > www.nasca.org.uk...

edit on 31-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Can you grasp this moment in your hand? The image that is appearing before you, can you make it stop moving, changing, morphing into the next configuration, can it be grasped? What is seen is moving like a steam does when you watch it from a river bank.
Reality, or what is seen cannot be grasped and held.
What is seeing the constantly changing water passing by stays the same.
The observer is the one that does not move or change - can that one be grasped?
edit on 1-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

This answers why people are so obsessed in taking pictures with their huge cameras.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by timerty

When the photo is viewed it is one image. The human mind then separates the one image into many 'things' ('a person' sitting on 'a chair', for example).
The mind says there is an image and a seer of the image. But no image can appear without the seeing.
The seer and seen have to be one.

youtu.be...
edit on 1-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I'm thinking that if we could somehow magnify and zoom into ever closer,ever smaller levels,with a device thats 1,000 times as powerful as the most advanced scanning electron microscope,or with something like that,eventually,only individual pixels would be seen and revealed and the intentionally projected holographic illusion we call reality,would be exposed...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by shimmeringsilver73

I like to think back on a documentary I once saw - it briefly touched on a philosophical discussion a group of scientists were having a while back - they were discussing time-travel, and the possibility of realizing time-travel within our future. Somehow the conversation got around to the absolute FACT that a real 3d world-simulation technology will be completely feasibly within our immediate future. They then got around to discussing the fact that people in our future may want to actually study their past by not physically traveling to the past (as time-travel may take a bit of time still to realize or may even be impossible), but may visit their history by re-creating the past via a 3d-simulation. If they could populate the simulation with characters that have been faithfully reproduced from all the information known to them in the future, they could get a very accurate glimpse of their history. What could be a greater historical lesson than a 3d world populated with faithfully-reproduced historic characters?

I remember this on a documentary as well. I remember Morgan Freeman narrating that exact idea in Through The Wormhole > Is Time Travel Possible.

Maybe there is a God and he is a computer programmer?

Here's a video:

youtu.be...
edit on 17-5-2012 by Samopoulos because: Found a video for the documentary referenced.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
I'm thinking that if we could somehow magnify and zoom into ever closer,ever smaller levels,with a device thats 1,000 times as powerful as the most advanced scanning electron microscope,or with something like that,eventually,only individual pixels would be seen and revealed and the intentionally projected holographic illusion we call reality,would be exposed...

The video I posted above actually goes into this in quite depth @ 7:10. youtu.be...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Samopoulos

Around nine months after i started this thread,i'm realizing that i spelled the word dimension wrong in my headline...was that something i did?...or something the programmers downloaded my brain to do?

Unfortunately,theres a very real,quite distinct and extremely disturbing possibility that my brain is literally and actually floating suspended within the unearthly liquid of some otherworldly container,created inside a super intelligent aliens experimental laboratory within another dimension,as five wires connected to my brains five corresponding sensory locations send pre-arranged signals and pre-determined waves of information into that my brain receives,interprets and then preceives as this reality...

Brain In A Vat > en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 17-5-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join