It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We May Be Living Within A Three Dimensonal Holographic Computer Simulation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by Pendulum
Also, to the people who say "conjecture is pointless", I offer a bit of food for thought. My grandpa once told me, "never stop imagining the impossible. Because when you do, you lose the ability to be creative. When you stop being creative, you lose what it means to be a human."

I'm not saying "this is the way!! rawr rawr!", but what I am saying, is it's always nice to entertain a bit of impossible thought, if only to stimulate the grey matter.

You're just the kind of open, creative thinker that could indulge a concept that I think answers all the questions. Not a holographic universe, but then, maybe there are universes that are holographic constructs. In fact, if there are, it doesn't change a damn thing about the sub-structure of physical reality. It'd be just one more construct within the whole of physical reality.

The concept involves the basis of material reality being the event trajectory, and the basis of "spiritual" reality being the information associated with the event trajectory. It's much more complex and it takes quite a bit of detail to properly prove it all, but the concept itself has yet to be debunked.
thanx for your comment...i have read that if we can somehow keep "zooming in" to smaller and ever smaller levels, like whats done with a scanning tunneling electron microscope,but even more powerful than that,we might eventually reach a point where we would see only individual pixels and thus prove the simulated theory...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Also, to the people who say "conjecture is pointless", I offer a bit of food for thought. My grandpa once told me, "never stop imagining the impossible. Because when you do, you lose the ability to be creative. When you stop being creative, you lose what it means to be a human."

I'm not saying "this is the way!! rawr rawr!", but what I am saying, is it's always nice to entertain a bit of impossible thought, if only to stimulate the grey matter.

You're just the kind of open, creative thinker that could indulge a concept that I think answers all the questions. Not a holographic universe, but then, maybe there are universes that are holographic constructs. In fact, if there are, it doesn't change a damn thing about the sub-structure of physical reality. It'd be just one more construct within the whole of physical reality.

The concept involves the basis of material reality being the event trajectory, and the basis of "spiritual" reality being the information associated with the event trajectory. It's much more complex and it takes quite a bit of detail to properly prove it all, but the concept itself has yet to be debunked.
thanx for your comment...i have read that if we can somehow keep "zooming in" to smaller and ever smaller levels, like whats done with a scanning tunneling electron microscope,but even more powerful than that,we might eventually reach a point where we would see only individual pixels and thus prove the simulated theory...

The truth may very well be that since we're composed of the same "units" of physical existence as what we'd be "zooming in" on, we'd be affected by our own perception of self, and would not be the best judges of what the true nature of those units should be. Especially if we can't let go of the particle-centric view of material existence. Here's a fairly unique definition of a material particle;

The smallest perceivable matrixed event trajectory holon - composed of both linear and redundant event trajectories devoted to the measurable survival of that event matrix as an identified existential whole.

As you can see, this theory suggests that the human brain - being a similar event matrix holon itself - can only perceive the event matrix whole as being as solid and material as it perceives itself to be. Therefore, the particle - while its true nature is that of "downtown traffic" or even more descriptive "a river" - is perceived by the river that is the human brain, as solid and material in physical structure.

You can have pixels if you wish, but those pixels are no more material than the event of a car passing by as you stand there and watch it. The best part of this theory is that I've already proven it well beyond the level that Einstein proved his Theory of Relativity. That, and it answers literally every open question concerning everything from quantum mechanics to life after death.
edit on 8/8/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

The truth may very well be that since we're composed of the same "units" of physical existence as what we'd be "zooming in" on, we'd be affected by our own perception of self, and would not be the best judges of what the true nature of those units should be. Especially if we can't let go of the particle-centric view of material existence. Here's a fairly unique definition of a material particle;

The smallest perceivable matrixed event trajectory holon - composed of both linear and redundant event trajectories devoted to the measurable survival of that event matrix as an identified existential whole.

As you can see, this theory suggests that the human brain - being a similar event matrix holon itself - can only perceive the event matrix whole as being as solid and material as it perceives itself to be. Therefore, the particle - while its true nature is that of "downtown traffic" or even more descriptive "a river" - is perceived by the river that is the human brain, as solid and material in physical structure.

You can have pixels if you wish, but those pixels are no more material than the event of a car passing by as you stand there and watch it. The best part of this theory is that I've already proven it well beyond the level that Einstein proved his Theory of Relativity. That, and it answers literally every open question concerning everything from quantum mechanics to life after death.
edit on 8/8/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)
thanx for your very well thought out and stated comment....this came to my mind while reading it...if the human brain "can only perceive the matrix as being as solid as itself ", then we "our brains" should then not have ever been able to "wrap themselves around" the ideas of and face the facts of..."black holes", for one example. but because we do,because we are able to perceive and ponder such fantastic things proves that our brains are able to "see beyond" themselves...the reason may be,as i have said,we are constantly being upgraded,at least until we reach a certain point,by the,in the distant future"simulation machine" that is in auto pilot mode and is able to upgrade and reboot itself,or at least it was before perhaps being "taken over" by our evil conquerors,the victors of this far away future war,they are evil and are now running and controlling the simulation machine and have programmed all the misery,suffering,war and death into our once "eden lik " virtual reality world...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

thanx for your comments antoniastar,"you" and your thoughts and ideas and your comments about mine are "eye" and mind candy for me as well...let me start by saying that i dont mean to imply that things "material objects" dont exist,its just that "they are not as they appear"...picture a human brain sitting on a table in a laboratory somewhere,not a brain in a person,just a brain sitting there by itself.next to this brain is an advanced type of "Simulating machine" that has a screen showing on it,or just a program in it, of a beach near an ocean on a sunny day filled with people.there are five wires running out of this machine and connected to the five corresponding sensory locations of that brain."now turn on the power"...this brain "would one hundred percent" see the beach and the sunlit blue sky,hear the people talking,feel the ocean waves,touch the sand,smell and taste the salt in the air,it would think it was really there! never knowing what was really going on...whats really going on with us in this reality, whatever it is?...talk to me and tell me what your feelings are,we may be able to penetrate this shrouded mystery that surrounds us ,or remove the veil a little,i gotta go get some ice coffee lol but i'll be back soon and i'll try to expand on some of the things you said...these things being discussed here go over a lot of peoples heads,but they mean everything... (*_*)
Hi biocula, I`d luv to get to the bottom of this mystery. It`s a lot to take in. I totally like your brain-on-beach thought experiment. So basically your sayin that our existance is mostly mental or did what you said go over my head? Got me a cuppa tea and more questions than answers.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Duplo-post.
edit on 8-8-2011 by Antoniastar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Antoniastar

thanx for your comments antoniastar,"you" and your thoughts and ideas and your comments about mine are "eye" and mind candy for me as well...let me start by saying that i dont mean to imply that things "material objects" dont exist,its just that "they are not as they appear"...picture a human brain sitting on a table in a laboratory somewhere,not a brain in a person,just a brain sitting there by itself.next to this brain is an advanced type of "Simulating machine" that has a screen showing on it,or just a program in it, of a beach near an ocean on a sunny day filled with people.there are five wires running out of this machine and connected to the five corresponding sensory locations of that brain."now turn on the power"...this brain "would one hundred percent" see the beach and the sunlit blue sky,hear the people talking,feel the ocean waves,touch the sand,smell and taste the salt in the air,it would think it was really there! never knowing what was really going on...whats really going on with us in this reality, whatever it is?...talk to me and tell me what your feelings are,we may be able to penetrate this shrouded mystery that surrounds us ,or remove the veil a little,i gotta go get some ice coffee lol but i'll be back soon and i'll try to expand on some of the things you said...these things being discussed here go over a lot of peoples heads,but they mean everything... (*_*)
Hi biocula, I`d luv to get to the bottom of this mystery. It`s a lot to take in. I totally like your brain-on-beach thought experiment. So basically your sayin that our existance is mostly mental or did what you said go over my head? Got me a cuppa tea and more questions than answers.
hi antoniastar...where do you live anyways,usa?.....just a side note > i had a hard time coming up with a user name that wasnt already taken...so with some thinking i remembered a unique word and used that one..".blocula"...did you check out the meaning ? its really weird but i like it... we have five senses to live with/go by thats it...see ,hear, smell taste ,touch...this is all and they are all happening inside the brain and "nowhere else", nothing is as it seems...the brain on a table hooked up to a beach scene simulation would really think that its there,but its not.just like we dont know where we come from,where we really are,or where we are going...one thing i do know ,i like talking to you (*_*)....." i dreamed i was a butterfly,or was i a butterfly dreaming of me"

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Hi NorEaster, I am very interested in your work. I agree with your river reference. I only call a particle by another name, in this case, an electron, as a readily available label. I dont call a chair a river or wave of energy or what have you, I call it a chair. A particle cannot be captured as a tiny dot in a tube or elsewhere. Am I misled? The quantum world is dynamic and interconnected, is it not?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Yes, I live in the USA, born and raised. I respectfully disagree that we only have 5 senses. I don`t consider myself a Materialist. Not saying you are one. I think of intuition as the sixth sense. I am a trained Intuitive but, admittedly, could use more training. Some are more in tune to their sixth sense and I think it is with intuition that some are able to see beyond the physical construct. The evil aliens DO NOT want us to use our "psychic power" to see through the illusion, only to resign, amuse and amaze ourselves with ideas and theories. As long as we don`t step over that invisible and real thin line. I`m not as dumbed down as I used to be. A sidenote - have you ever connected the prefix` `psy` and `cy`? Jus sayin.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

No, I havent looked up the "biocula" but I will! I sure like how it sounds. Never heard lt before. Excellent choice.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

reply to post by blocula

Yes, I live in the USA, born and raised. I respectfully disagree that we only have 5 senses. I don`t consider myself a Materialist. Not saying you are one. I think of intuition as the sixth sense. I am a trained Intuitive but, admittedly, could use more training. Some are more in tune to their sixth sense and I think it is with intuition that some are able to see beyond the physical construct. The evil aliens DO NOT want us to use our "psychic power" to see through the illusion, only to resign, amuse and amaze ourselves with ideas and theories. As long as we don`t step over that invisible and real thin line. I`m not as dumbed down as I used to be.
im a pisces so my inner eye is open wide,i could go on and on about the various paranormal experiences that i have had beginning from when i was a little kid all the way up to now.in the "grey area/personal stories" on ats, i relate one of my more frightening encounters,its titled "demonic screams and diabolical laughter in the graveyard" and its all true....something wanted my friend and i to hear what we heard and " i know " first hand that there are evil invisible beings that exist,so this thing that we both heard is one of the facts that i used in formulating my "evil alien/simulated existence machine/pain and suffering" theory...did they capture our real souls and somehow force them into their virtual reality,are they from the fourth dimension? are we just shadows of the fourth dimension?...i'm from and still live in...mass.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

reply to post by blocula

No, I havent looked up the "biocula" but I will! I sure like how it sounds. Never heard lt before. Excellent choice.
the blocula >>>" in the mora, sweden witchcraft trials of 1669, the children claimed to have been flown by the devil out their windows, across the night sky, to the eternally sun lit meadows of the blocula ,where you can see no end,where it never rains and in the middle of the meadow is a house that is the devils ballroom where the witches gather within to eat,drink and perform the black mass".....as soon as i remembered the word and its meaning i knew it was strange and unique....p.s....is your avatar photo a picture of you ?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

reply to post by blocula

Yes, I live in the USA, born and raised. I respectfully disagree that we only have 5 senses. I don`t consider myself a Materialist. Not saying you are one. I think of intuition as the sixth sense. I am a trained Intuitive but, admittedly, could use more training. Some are more in tune to their sixth sense and I think it is with intuition that some are able to see beyond the physical construct. The evil aliens DO NOT want us to use our "psychic power" to see through the illusion, only to resign, amuse and amaze ourselves with ideas and theories. As long as we don`t step over that invisible and real thin line. I`m not as dumbed down as I used to be. A sidenote - have you ever connected the prefix` `psy` and `cy`? Jus sayin.
"psy" alone doesnt mean anything, psych means soul or mind, "cy" means rank or office...... as far as combining -"psy-cy"...i'm not sure?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The world that you can see with your imagination - that is the real world as it is a product of you -the world that we all see, is a world that we are bound to, a world that we have agreed upon existing within, as a matter of curiousity.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
The world that you can see with your imagination - that is the real world as it is a product of you -the world that we all see, is a world that we are bound to, a world that we have agreed upon existing within, as a matter of curiousity.
thanx for your comment,very well said...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

reply to post by blocula

Very interesting perspective. I have read about scientists dividing holograms and hadn`t thought to see it as a mirror effect. I still don`t think I`m a hologram. Maybe, though, I can project myself as one?
try to understand this antoniastar..."everything" that we see, hear, taste, touch and smell is happening within our brains and "nowhere" else!....all is illusion...
Thank you, yes I read your post on page one that details electron-to- electron interaction in relation to the biological sense of touch. Facinating fact. The electron is my favorite subatomic particle. It spins around a nucleus like a planet orbiting a Sun. It is not a solid ball but a bundle of energy that moves almost as fast as light. The eletron is a great distance from the nucleus of the atom or particle, it circles. And the amount of shells an atom contains depends on the number of electrons it contains. (The Dorling Kindersley Science Enclyclopedia, p. 24) It is plainly evident that the electron is a key player in both micro as well as macroscopic worlds. It`s true, we bio-beings interface with our surroundings by way of not only our five physical senses but our sixth sense as well. Just because subatomic particles repel and we don`t touch anything but the heat from friction, doesn`t mean that its an illusion in the strict sense. Because we still sense something.
i have thought for a long time that the moons,planets and stars may be protons,neutrons and electrons within two gods bodies,one male,the other female...comets are their thought signals...when stars go nova,they are making love and having orgasms...a big bang is when the female god gives birth to their new baby,another universe or dimension...black holes are diseases in their bodies and the earth and everything on it,including you and me,are their living dreams and nightmares...if they died,only a void of complete emptiness would remain...nothing...
edit on 8-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Very original thought, and one that I share often.

A 3d-simulated world that is real and believable enough to live in, will definitely have a place in our future. The purposes for creating such worlds can be many and varied - from the typical holo-suite created for entertainment and education-purposes as envisaged in Star Trek, to the Big-Brother type scenario created by beings with ulterior motives. All the scenarios are definitely a distinct technological possibility in a short time span - just have a look at the recent thread on ATS about the "Nerdgasm alert" in its title dealing with unlimited polygon counts in game animation - couple that with the 3D printer technology that has been recently developed that is physically capable of printing any scanned object. Some mind-blowing stuff.

I like to think back on a documentary I once saw - it briefly touched on a philosophical discussion a group of scientists were having a while back - they were discussing time-travel, and the possibility of realizing time-travel within our future. Somehow the conversation got around to the absolute FACT that a real 3d world-simulation technology will be completely feasibly within our immediate future. They then got around to discussing the fact that people in our future may want to actually study their past by not physically traveling to the past (as time-travel may take a bit of time still to realize or may even be impossible), but may visit their history by re-creating the past via a 3d-simulation. If they could populate the simulation with characters that have been faithfully reproduced from all the information known to them in the future, they could get a very accurate glimpse of their history. What could be a greater historical lesson than a 3d world populated with faithfully-reproduced historic characters?

And if this scenario is a possibility (which we all have to agree may be a big one), then the scientists thumb-sucked that there is a billion to one chance that we are living in one of these "time-traveling" simulations right now - and we won't know it!

Question begs - if this is the case, would we as the "simulation" truly be capable of experiencing life as an "original human" would? Would we have the same grasp of the universe? Would our emotions be the same? Our perceptions? What happens when the simulation doesn't run out the course of history as it has been programmed to be, but starts questioning its own existence?

Would the increasingly common phenomenon of "derealization" be the steady awakening of those within the simulation?
edit on 8/8/2011 by shimmeringsilver73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

www.nasca.org.uk... look at how far and fast our computers and video games have progressed in only twenty or thirty years. we constantly strive to re-create reality.just think what they will be like in only another fifty years! so its easy to imagine that in the far off distant future of say ten thousand years from now, humans will have developed super advanced computers so incredibly powerful, that they would be able to create a "simulated universe" that we call "our reality". they may have done this to preserve their memories within "ancestral simulations" or maybe just for entertainment purposes and here we are! perhaps the creators "us in the future" went extinct either through natural or self inflicted disaster and they "we" are dead and gone, but the "simulation machine" lives on! and is in auto pilot mode and is able to up grade itself and we are reborn over and over and history repeats itself over and over down through the ages. or maybe in this far away future there is a war on earth between the creators "us in the future" and evil aliens that invaded future earth and maybe the evil aliens defeated us and hijacked or stole or altered "the simulation machine" and have downloaded all the misery,suffering and war into our "virtual" world...
edit on 5-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)
www.simulation-argument.com... these 2 links will explain a lot ,there might be a 20% chance that we are a simulation right now...in the top link theres another link on the first page
edit on 8-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

i think that humanity has risen and fallen many times in the long forgotten past and each time we advance and become aware of ourselves "too close to the truth" when we start to figure out whats really happening to us,what reality really is,another extinction event occurs,is set into motion.and we call them "ages" or "epochs". perhaps one of the last times we were reverted/reprogrammed back to a new starting point was the stoneage.the evidence for the destruction of atlantis,nuclear war in ancient india,the flood,forgotten battles in heaven "outer space" may be other such"orchestrated events".....[a quote from eleanor roosevelt >..."small minds discuss people,average minds discuss events and great minds discuss ideas" < end quote]...and this is the definition of the word idea,"a transcendent entity that is a real pattern of which existing things are imperfect representations"
edit on 7-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)
one of the "class-3 aliens" or "our future selves" virtual reality programs we call "the age of dinosaurs",another upgrade/re-program of theirs we call "the rise of humans"...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
in coming to terms with the possibility of this theory being true, we will have to accept and then try to understand the fact that "everything" that we see,hear,taste,touch and smell "is happening nowhere else except within our brains"..."nothing is as it appears to be"..."all is illusion"...we dont really touch anything,the electrons in our hands repel against the electrons in the object we "think" we are touching and electrons conduct heat and electricity and it is this interaction that we perceive as the "illusion of touch"... when you walk across a floor ,your not really walking on the floor at all,your walking on electrons...theres billions of television,radio and cell phone transmission signals flying around us and through us at supoersonic speeds all the time,we see none of it,but they are there..."i dreamed i was a butterfly,or was i a butterfly dreaming of me.....

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

www.nasca.org.uk...

Anxiety could be a form of lag....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join