It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

We May Be Living Within A Three Dimensonal Holographic Computer Simulation

page: 2
12
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
The most that I can actualise in terms of this is the existence of technology that can alter our DNA to the extent that various componentry and implants can be added that can alter our perception of the world and to a certain extent the reality that we perceive ourselves to exist within.

That means, the real universe would exist in all of its glory, and we might exist in a compartment of our own "simulated" reality with core components connected to the real universe.

I prophesise, that some might even "die" in the real universe and continue to exist in the augmented reality.

Some might be like undead zombies in the real universe and normal people in the augmented reality, some, might even be completley "system manifestations" or "computer sprites" in the simulation.

- Some might even choose to "cross over" where their zombie body is removed from the real universe and their personality is downloaded into the system so that they can become similar to the system manifestations.

Further still, there could be some that manifest as "computer sprites" however have chosen to remain in the real universe and connect themselves to a machine so they can project themselves into the A.R. without having to risk being damaged or hurt in the real world without thier augmented self being aware of it.
edit on 6-8-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)


Watch the "Keys of Marinus" - an episode of Dr Who, it deals with the closest thing that I can perceive with relation to our reality - there is a specific episode, where, the humans live in a life of extravagance and luxury, however, when one of the characters evades one of the control devices, she comes to see with her real eyes and realises that the wine goblets were dirty mugs, the wine was muddy water, and the silk dress was made from old rags.

There is also an episode of Red Dwarf that deal with virtual reality video games, and a specific episode where the characters wake up to realise that they had been in a computer game, connected to chairs with A.R. helmets attached to their eyes.

Specifically, what you refer to is very similar to a movie called "Dark City" that I recommend.
edit on 6-8-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)




posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSarcasm


If we as a species want to travel enormous distances across the universe, would it not me beneficial to store "reality" on a hard drive within teraforming machinery then throw it to its desired destination.



We could be on our way there right now.



posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
wow this one has quite an imagination, sorry to break it to you buddy but that is the craziest idea i have ever heard haha and i have heard alot on here but so far you take the cake



posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
i call it a hologram for this reason...picture yourself standing in the middle of a room filled with mirrors everywhere,hundreds of them,when you look out into the mirrors you would see thousands of reflections of yourself everywhere in all directions,when in reality theres only one you...i think its the same thing thats happening when we look out into outer space,theres perhaps only a "pixelated curtain" of stars wrapped around our virtual world,and the seemingly endlessness of outer space is a holographic illusion....say you have a cube shaped hologram in your hand with the image of anything inside it,say a butterfly,if you cut up the holographic cube into a hundred pieces or thousand pieces or more,everysingle one of these pieces will contain the entire original image! this is true and scientists have done this many times,the hologram would be like the one on your drivers license only thicker...maybe the earth with its... atmosphere -"air"...its biosphere -"life"...hydrosphere -"water" and lithosphere..."rock"...is a hologram itself !
edit on 6-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkSarcasm
 


Yes! You have painted the first picture in my mimd that clicks! And I`ve thought for a awhile about quantum computing as the key that opens the reality-as-a-simulation-door. So your brainstorm goes along my line of thinking, perfectly. And thanks for explaining the hologram thing. I gladly stand corrected. Live and learn. I will be meditating on your ideas, to be sure.
edit on 6-8-2011 by Antoniastar because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula
 


Very interesting perspective. I have read about scientists dividing holograms and hadn`t thought to see it as a mirror effect. I still don`t think I`m a hologram. Maybe, though, I can project myself as one?



posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antoniastar
reply to post by blocula
 


Very interesting perspective. I have read about scientists dividing holograms and hadn`t thought to see it as a mirror effect. I still don`t think I`m a hologram. Maybe, though, I can project myself as one?
try to understand this antoniastar..."everything" that we see, hear, taste, touch and smell is happening within our brains and "nowhere" else!....all is illusion...



posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by Antoniastar
reply to post by blocula
 


Very interesting perspective. I have read about scientists dividing holograms and hadn`t thought to see it as a mirror effect. I still don`t think I`m a hologram. Maybe, though, I can project myself as one?
try to understand this antoniastar..."everything" that we see, hear, taste, touch and smell is happening within our brains and "nowhere" else!....all is illusion...
antoniastar... i would like to read more of your thoughts and ideas...and read this ^^^
edit on 6-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor
 


Your post is eye-candy. I subscribe to your multi-reality synopsis. Concerning augumentation, how feasible is it to travel through a sun gate as a machine? And, how would you explain the tunnel with the light at the end that so many "near-death" patients testify as reality? Do you think this common experience is part of a program or sim?



posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by Antoniastar
reply to post by blocula
 


Very interesting perspective. I have read about scientists dividing holograms and hadn`t thought to see it as a mirror effect. I still don`t think I`m a hologram. Maybe, though, I can project myself as one?
try to understand this antoniastar..."everything" that we see, hear, taste, touch and smell is happening within our brains and "nowhere" else!....all is illusion...
Thank you, yes I read your post on page one that details electron-to- electron interaction in relation to the biological sense of touch. Facinating fact. The electron is my favorite subatomic particle. It spins around a nucleus like a planet orbiting a Sun. It is not a solid ball but a bundle of energy that moves almost as fast as light. The eletron is a great distance from the nucleus of the atom or particle, it circles. And the amount of shells an atom contains depends on the number of electrons it contains. (The Dorling Kindersley Science Enclyclopedia, p. 24) It is plainly evident that the electron is a key player in both micro as well as macroscopic worlds. It`s true, we bio-beings interface with our surroundings by way of not only our five physical senses but our sixth sense as well. Just because subatomic particles repel and we don`t touch anything but the heat from friction, doesn`t mean that its an illusion in the strict sense. Because we still sense something.



posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Duplicate post.
edit on 7-8-2011 by Antoniastar because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
thanx for your comments antoniastar,"you" and your thoughts and ideas and your comments about mine are "eye" and mind candy for me as well...let me start by saying that i dont mean to imply that things "material objects" dont exist,its just that "they are not as they appear"...picture a human brain sitting on a table in a laboratory somewhere,not a brain in a person,just a brain sitting there by itself.next to this brain is an advanced type of "Simulating machine" that has a screen showing on it,or just a program in it, of a beach near an ocean on a sunny day filled with people.there are five wires running out of this machine and connected to the five corresponding sensory locations of that brain."now turn on the power"...this brain "would one hundred percent" see the beach and the sunlit blue sky,hear the people talking,feel the ocean waves,touch the sand,smell and taste the salt in the air,it would think it was really there! never knowing what was really going on...whats really going on with us in this reality, whatever it is?...talk to me and tell me what your feelings are,we may be able to penetrate this shrouded mystery that surrounds us ,or remove the veil a little,i gotta go get some ice coffee lol but i'll be back soon and i'll try to expand on some of the things you said...these things being discussed here go over a lot of peoples heads,but they mean everything... (*_*)



posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antoniastar
reply to post by DarkSarcasm
 


Yes! You have painted the first picture in my mimd that clicks! And I`ve thought for a awhile about quantum computing as the key that opens the reality-as-a-simulation-door. So your brainstorm goes along my line of thinking, perfectly. And thanks for explaining the hologram thing. I gladly stand corrected. Live and learn. I will be meditating on your ideas, to be sure.
edit on 6-8-2011 by Antoniastar because: (no reason given)
large scale quantum computers, although in their infancy,could someday be able to solve certain problems much faster than any classical computer....if machines are ever able to be made with consciousness,then we are most likely now living in a simulated reality and always have been.one of the simulations may have been "the age of dinosaurs",untill that was discarded/upgraded for another more complex virtual simulation..."the rise of humans"..



posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antoniastar
reply to post by SystemResistor
 


Your post is eye-candy. I subscribe to your multi-reality synopsis. Concerning augumentation, how feasible is it to travel through a sun gate as a machine? And, how would you explain the tunnel with the light at the end that so many "near-death" patients testify as reality? Do you think this common experience is part of a program or sim?
i have always thought that the light seen at the end of a dark tunnel so often reported, is our brain,near death,bringing to the surface that persons earliest memory,of traveling head first through the birth canal and moving closer and into the light of the materniity room,these are the first things we see]....[but "when" our soul/consciousness is programmed into the material shroud/body may be randomly generated



posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by Antoniastar
reply to post by SystemResistor
 


Your post is eye-candy. I subscribe to your multi-reality synopsis. Concerning augumentation, how feasible is it to travel through a sun gate as a machine? And, how would you explain the tunnel with the light at the end that so many "near-death" patients testify as reality? Do you think this common experience is part of a program or sim?
i have always thought that the light seen at the end of a dark tunnel so often reported, is our brain,near death,bringing to the surface that persons earliest memory,of traveling head first through the birth canal and moving closer and into the light of the materniity room,these are the first things we see]....[but "when" our soul/consciousness is programmed into the material shroud/body may be randomly generated
we are like"pixelated consciousness" upon a three dimensional screen, perhaps created by ourselves in the future or created by beings that exist in the fourth dimension]...[concerning "sun gates" , i think theres one in world of warcraft that is moved around by elves and there is a stone archway,called the gate of the sun, built by the tiwanaku culture 1,500yrs ago in bolivia. are you refering to any of these or something else?



posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I too believe this reality is like being inside a computer, where the material is the hardware and the human spirit is like a program constructing itself, starting out from mere zeros and ones. I don't like the idea of a big bang, I would rather believe material came together under controlled circumstances to create our milky way. It might be our earth is like a laser to a cdrom player etching reality onto some layer of reality which contains all events that ever took place. Other beings not caught in this motion our planet is in would be more or less completely inert, without any motion and be able to read out the trail our planet leaves in it's wake. That is how I see the akashic library, a metaphysical concept describing a place where all moments of human history are kept.

To us, there is past and present, the area of space through which the earth is going to travel already exists but our earth simply hasn't passed through yet so to us the future hasn't happened yet. That space hasn't been filled with the mental activity of human brains yet but it already exists. Imaginging looking at the earth from there there would be 6 billions lines all forming to a single point, those are all the plans, hopes and dreams humanity has for the future. Some might happen, many will not come true and this is felt when a human passes through it's own imagined universe.

If our earth would be moved back in space in a linear way (kind of like having a propulsion on the planet) and it would be at the same place it travelled through a hundred years ago people might experience weird happenings without any physical evidence present. Strange dreams, loss of memory and a kind of clairvoyance but seeing events which happened a hundred years ago.

Now fast forward into the future and the earth would be gone at some point, either burned by the sun, destroyed by meteors or out of the suns orbit, however it might happen the earth is not infinite. So if this is a kind of computer which creates new shapes and forms which could be reused somehow (like an afterlife) I doubt it's creators meant for the earth to be a harddrive. Rather the earth is more like a punching card with mental activity or consciousness stamping holes in the fabrics of reality, leaving a long lint of data. Seen as a snapshot from outside this motion where future and past as we know it happens at the same time it would represent a long spiraled tube. I also believe this is part of how memory works, memories are not actually burned into brain molecules rather it is a more like a device to read data from inside this tube. This also implies a certain reward for having lived and suffered, whatever one has encountered in their life they can freely recreate in the afterlife or share with those who missed out on certain experiences.

As to why anyone would want to do this, who knows maybe we are only meant to create and tell stories which at some point we reach a level where there are enough stories to entertain eachother and our creators for an eternity. Something like the eternal hunting fields some native american tribes believe in, only without actual killing but more like fun and games like cosmic mmorpg's which keep scores for individuals who want to compete, for those wanting to re-enact historic battles or theatre, love stories, spiritual adventures, discovering all kinds of languages like physics, mathematics we made up to desribe this reality in order to work with it.
edit on 7/8/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonfly79
I too believe this reality is like being inside a computer, where the material is the hardware and the human spirit is like a program constructing itself, starting out from mere zeros and ones. I don't like the idea of a big bang, I would rather believe material came together under controlled circumstances to create our milky way. It might be our earth is like a laser to a cdrom player etching reality onto some layer of reality which contains all events that ever took place. Other beings not caught in this motion our planet is in would be more or less completely inert, without any motion and be able to read out the trail our planet leaves in it's wake. That is how I see the akashic library, a metaphysical concept describing a place where all moments of human history are kept.

To us, there is past and present, the area of space through which the earth is going to travel already exists but our earth simply hasn't passed through yet so to us the future hasn't happened yet. That space hasn't been filled with the mental activity of human brains yet but it already exists. Imaginging looking at the earth from there there would be 6 billions lines all forming to a single point, those are all the plans, hopes and dreams humanity has for the future. Some might happen, many will not come true and this is felt when a human passes through it's own imagined universe.

If our earth would be moved back in space in a linear way (kind of like having a propulsion on the planet) and it would be at the same place it travelled through a hundred years ago people might experience weird happenings without any physical evidence present. Strange dreams, loss of memory and a kind of clairvoyance but seeing events which happened a hundred years ago.

Now fast forward into the future and the earth would be gone at some point, either burned by the sun, destroyed by meteors or out of the suns orbit, however it might happen the earth is not infinite. So if this is a kind of computer which creates new shapes and forms which could be reused somehow (like an afterlife) I doubt it's creators meant for the earth to be a harddrive. Rather the earth is more like a punching card with mental activity or consciousness stamping holes in the fabrics of reality, leaving a long lint of data. Seen as a snapshot from outside this motion where future and past as we know it happens at the same time it would represent a long spiraled tube. I also believe this is part of how memory works, memories are not actually burned into brain molecules rather it is a more like a device to read data from inside this tube. This also implies a certain reward for having lived and suffered, whatever one has encountered in their life they can freely recreate in the afterlife or share with those who missed out on certain experiences.

As to why anyone would want to do this, who knows maybe we are only meant to create and tell stories which at some point we reach a level where there are enough stories to entertain eachother and our creators for an eternity. Something like the eternal hunting fields some native american tribes believe in, only without actual killing but more like fun and games like cosmic mmorpg's which keep scores for individuals who want to compete, for those wanting to re-enact historic battles or theatre, love stories, spiritual adventures, discovering all kinds of languages like physics, mathematics we made up to desribe this reality in order to work with it.
edit on 7/8/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)
thanx for this elaborate and well thought out response,i read it twice and now its here for future reference.i would like to read any other ideas/theories that you may have...
edit on 7-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
i think that humanity has risen and fallen many times in the long forgotten past and each time we advance and become aware of ourselves "too close to the truth" when we start to figure out whats really happening to us,what reality really is,another extinction event occurs,is set into motion.and we call them "ages" or "epochs". perhaps one of the last times we were reverted/reprogrammed back to a new starting point was the stoneage.the evidence for the destruction of atlantis,nuclear war in ancient india,the flood,forgotten battles in heaven "outer space" may be other such"orchestrated events".....[a quote from eleanor roosevelt >..."small minds discuss people,average minds discuss events and great minds discuss ideas" < end quote]...and this is the definition of the word idea,"a transcendent entity that is a real pattern of which existing things are imperfect representations"
edit on 7-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
www.nasca.org.uk...
THIS ^^^



posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pendulum
Also, to the people who say "conjecture is pointless", I offer a bit of food for thought. My grandpa once told me, "never stop imagining the impossible. Because when you do, you lose the ability to be creative. When you stop being creative, you lose what it means to be a human."

I'm not saying "this is the way!! rawr rawr!", but what I am saying, is it's always nice to entertain a bit of impossible thought, if only to stimulate the grey matter.


You're just the kind of open, creative thinker that could indulge a concept that I think answers all the questions. Not a holographic universe, but then, maybe there are universes that are holographic constructs. In fact, if there are, it doesn't change a damn thing about the sub-structure of physical reality. It'd be just one more construct within the whole of physical reality.

The concept involves the basis of material reality being the event trajectory, and the basis of "spiritual" reality being the information associated with the event trajectory. It's much more complex and it takes quite a bit of detail to properly prove it all, but the concept itself has yet to be debunked.



new topics

top topics



 
12
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join