It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Metaphysically Manifesting The End Of The World?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

Slavery has dropped to a fraction of what it was a couple hundred years ago.

Mass deaths from disease have severly dropped from their frequency in the past.

We are better able to survive natural disasters than we have been in the past though they still take lives our response has gotten better overall.

How can you say that the world has gotten worse?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Slavery has dropped to a fraction of what it was a couple hundred years ago.

en.wikipedia.org...

The number of slaves today is higher than at any point in history

Mass deaths from disease have severly dropped from their frequency in the past.

www.who.int...

deaths from noncommunicable diseases on the rise, with developing world hit hardest

I didn't bother to look up communicable diseases. *shrug* Not going to bother looking up anything else either. Live in your American bubble if you want.

How can you say that the world has gotten worse?

Where did I say that??

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
by the very fact of looking into the subjects, topics that attracts us when we read. we create within our imagination the concept of the read idea into form thus creating & manifesting it in our plane of existence. remember also that within our minds everything is much quicker than trying to put things here (3D-world).

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I have to agree. People do make their own reality. If you watch, "What the bleep do we know" its explained pretty well, and its a great watch. But I can see people self fulfilling the end of the world prophecy. Its like John Lennon said all we need is love. But its vanishing slowly from this world. Its sad.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrakeDarc Its like John Lennon said all we need is love. But its vanishing slowly from this world. Its sad.

I've heard many people voice nearly those same sentiments many times over the last several years. And maybe it's the positive, loving people who are left that are acting as some sort of buffer that slows down the negative manifestations. Maybe we need indigos.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

i didnt say things are worse

YOU said things are better

i disagree

things are bad as they have ever been

all the shady stuff is still happening as we type

its just hidden better, not thats really hidden either, lets just say we have gotten better when it comes to distractions and entertainment

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
ahh one of THEE questions. according to the laws of attraction anythings possible. good note on the remains we leave behind. of course every single being has a part in it. truly though, there are always beacons of hope amongst the mists of chaos & confusion. everything sorts itself out eventually, even yin & yang. Its funny, because mostly now I go through life thinking of it as the most important thing, yet I float through it, increasingly detached to it.

There is a cycle, a unity, & separation in All Things.

what do YOU want? that is all that matters. for that is how we are creating reality.
Get to know your self. Ask questions...

Enter Your Heart.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by survival
what do YOU want?

Nice post. What I want is for mankind to live at peace with themselves and nature. What I believe is something else entirely, but I'm working on it.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
No.

We cannot manifest with our minds alone, we have to act on our thoughts to manifest anything.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
IMHO, yes. The difference of now and the older times, when things looked "worst" than now (i highly doubt it) is the high world population, the effects of massive media and globalization. These three factors are making this statement possible to some degree if you use the logic of "thought makes reality" and the fractal reality.
Let me put an example.
If one mind is capable to do changes in the fractal universe, a unique mind who's capable to control their own thoughts, see what a large population that's absolutely brainwashed by the media can do if the media says the world's going to end. I've seen reports on the news about the mayans, asteroids, lots of prophets's works, etc, at least once in the last week. A mind who can't control their own thoughts is easily bendable and more dangerous than a mind who's absolutey under control of their owner, like a kid playing with a charged bazooka. Put those information about 2012 together with any economical crisis, natural disaster, epidemic disease alert, statal issues or just facts that shows the owner of that mind that the world is collapsing and they will start to think "it would be a gift if those prophecies are real, i just wanna die right now/i'd rather see that poor people dieing than in pain"
Seen this on my family very often.
Now, take in mind how many people uses the massive media to get information, globally. We're a big bunch of people living on this world right now that can have access to it! In the old times, news were scarce or none, people used to pay attention of what happened localy, if they got any information at all, so if there was a good spring and the crops grew out well, then the world was perfect and there was not necesary to worry about anything at all.

In conclusion, it's absolutely possible that yes, the same world is manifestating the doom and gloom that the mass media is force-feeding them and really, deeply wanting it to end like in the prophecies the same people are force feeding them too.

(sorry if i sounded weird, i don't have a spellchecker on this pc and this keyboard sucks... also, english is my second language)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Yes, I do believe that the constant collective negative thoughts of a large portion of the populace do and are actually affecting the tangible 'reality' that surrounds us. I think that this has been carefully planned. The media plays a significant role in encouraging fear, paranoia, distrust, hysteria and hate. I barely watch or read the news anymore because I would rather not hear about the latest rape or war crime or cold-blooded torture of a kitten.

It's important to generate light even when surrounded by the darkest of nights; to stay in a positive state of mind because thoughts are very powerful things indeed. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.

I think that the world would need something incredibly inspirational to happen for things to turn around at this point. Millions are being conditioned to think negatively about anything and everything. It's a sad reality that many would not like to realise. A great thing you could do is to practice cheerfulness and kindness, generosity and positivity in your own life, meditate upon love and positivity and send it out to the world. Genuiness is infectious, it rubs off on people easily.
Unfortunately, not many people practice it anymore...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
What you think, you are. You are what you create. And you create by envisioning what you think, thereby turning it all into reality. There is such a strong belief that the world will end around 2012. However, I believe that there is still time to change that prediction for mankind. However, it will take a little work and man has gotten too lazy to try. It would require unconnecting from all his electrical toys and devices. Turn off the tv and get rid of the newspaper. This will help get rid of fear by not being exposed it to. Dump your negative friends. Go back to a simpler time with the family where evening dinners were shared together and homework, reading, gardening,etc, filled the rest of the day. Turn your thoughts inward and find out who you really are. Seek out whoever you God is and find a closer place to him/her. I am not saying to turn "religious", just more "centered and aware". You'll be amazed what happens when you give this a try for just one month.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

I have wondered this myself, if in our stupidity we are like horses going off a cliff.
Fulfilling a perceived destiny. Self prophesying and dooming us to certain failure.
It would certainly explain a lot.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Ah, I finally created a thread that got some discussion going.

Some good posts.

Originally posted by smcneil01
What you think, you are. You are what you create. And you create by envisioning what you think, thereby turning it all into reality.

I wish more people would understand this, even if they toss out any metaphysical explanations. Everyone makes their own reality. I know people with depression and other issues who are stuck in their victim roles, and it's obvious how they are creating their own miserable lives just by their very thoughts and attitudes. It's hard to find pity for them after a time, because some people are very comfortable being miserable and feed on pity.

There is such a strong belief that the world will end around 2012. However, I believe that there is still time to change that prediction for mankind. However, it will take a little work and man has gotten too lazy to try. It would require unconnecting from all his electrical toys and devices. Turn off the tv and get rid of the newspaper. This will help get rid of fear by not being exposed it to. Dump your negative friends. Go back to a simpler time with the family where evening dinners were shared together and homework, reading, gardening,etc, filled the rest of the day. Turn your thoughts inward and find out who you really are. Seek out whoever you God is and find a closer place to him/her. I am not saying to turn "religious", just more "centered and aware". You'll be amazed what happens when you give this a try for just one month.

Good stuff. For myself, I made a conscious decision to change my lifestyle some years back. It is still a work in progress. I probably need to stop coming to ATS... this place is festering with fear and negativity, but I do love the site.

I'm not convinced we can do it as a collective though. Greed and corruption rule the day, and I just don't see how we're going to turn it around for the better. I don't like the idea that we need a massive global catastrophe to wake people up, but that seems to be the only sort of thing that jolts people out of their narcissistic lifestyles long enough to care about the world and people.

edit on 6-8-2011 by Balkan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Yes we are the architect of our life as single and communal.
Our thoughts does construct the world we live in.
Now two things we have to conceder.
The first is the mental bombardment of what you should think therefor you have been giving a sete of predetermined thoughts...example:
The time just before Bush invaded Iraq. The "thought control" was implanting thoughts for you that favour they agenda of BS war. And then the majority of people constructed this world for the Bush government to act freely.
The second is that you can't go in the mountain and live a life of hermit far away from all the PR, media, the TV and the thought establishment. Be in the world but not part of it.
You have to be responsible and find the right balance of thoughts to construct your daily reality and reject any negative thoughts.
Feel your positive thoughts, and let them guide you to a serene life style...usually it spread like a pandemic .

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by muSSang

Alot of people see the headlines and assume the whole world is falling apart. A quick read through some history books however will show that things today are drastically improved from what has happened in the past.

There are also as many good things going on in the world as there are negative ones. It just comes down to what you want to focus your energy on.

I agree.

For many free thinkers - - - we are in better times. We are not forced to live a programmed role in a programmed society.

We have many more choices today. But - we can't just roll through life anymore - - expecting life handed to us.

I believe everything is energy - - our thoughts are energy - - so yes it affects the whole.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
S & F and thank you for the thread Balkan. Yes we are, just like clockwork! So I believe, I mean I know that it is imperitive that we, each of us start creating where we want to end up. If you keep thinking gloom and doom, well that is what you are going to get. So be very, very careful. Perhaps we are being manipulated to manifest thoughts of gloom and doom to bring about gloom and doom. Maybe there is a dark team, an antagonist in our little play that is trying to direct us into creating a negative agenda? I have my own agenda and it is not negative! Peace, Love, Light, Truth and Beauty that's what I want and that's what I'm gonna get. "life is like a box a chocolates, you never know what your gonna get", said Forrest Gump. Well I bought the box of chocolates! Hell, I made them myself and I know what's in each and every one of those chocolates! I know every ingredient, every molecule and every atom and each and everyone of them is made with as much LOVE as I can fit into em! Be the Chocolatier of your future my dear ones! Be careful, when we move to the next level, your thoughts may manifest into existence immediately! Fear nothing! Namaste.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by kacou

True. There is a concensus of consciousness on this planet. Like frequencies attract like frequencies to form that consensus. As points of consciousness attached to and part of the consciousness of the Great Creator, the supreme consiousness (for this Universe at least), we are co-creators with the ability to change frequency and by thoughtful, emotionally charged intent create reality. Many in the world do not know this or have forgoten this. There is a very small percent of the planet's population who have risen to the top of the pyramid of control. Dark forces, antagonists in the play that through media, corporate, political and religious control manipulate and subjugate the remaining population of the planet into thought patterns of darkness. Lets manifest a beautiful new world together. Stop being slaves! Namaste.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan
Many people believe in metaphysical manifestation, that our thoughts can change physical reality. The attitude of people as a collective seems to be mostly negative and bleak, with little faith or trust in our governments and leaders to do the right things, or even hope that we as a species can overcome the epidemic of greed and corruption. We've wreaked havok on the environment, and we literally # where we eat (and drink!) now. There are many more examples...

Do you believe that we are metaphysically manifesting the end of the world (or at the least, a new dark age) with our collective thoughts?

I think this is a real danger within the alternative community. There is so much reporting of the dark acts, which is understandable because much of the truth which is not being reported by the MSM is dark, but people need to know about it.

At the same time it can create in the mind images of a disastrous future. I do believe our thoughts manifest in the physical realm, so as a precaution, after catching up on the latest alternative news, I repeat an affirmation to myself that I choose a peaceful, fair and loving world where all the inhabitants live in joy and abundance, and I visualise it and try to get a 'felt sense' of it.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
I think this is a real danger within the alternative community. There is so much reporting of the dark acts, which is understandable because much of the truth which is not being reported by the MSM is dark, but people need to know about it.

Very true. I've never been one to stick my head in the sand and pretend things are rosy in the world, but I'm at a point in my life where I'm tired of being bombarded with negativity everyday. In fact, I decided today I'm going to get back to work on some things I've been putting off because of health related issues (that are finally starting to get cleared up) and focus on those things and more positivity in my life and the world. I've had nothing to do for several weeks now, and idle hands are the devil's work, are they not?
I'm going to make a hard effort to keep the TV off, stay off the internet except to check my email, and steer clear of any nasty stuff, so this will be my last post for the time being. I wish you all the best, and hope you have many enlightened conversations. Peace.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join