It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S&P : Another downgrade is coming if nothing is fixed in the next 12-18 months

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
IMO they wouldn't downgrade the US again before waiting till the next president/congress to fix things.

If Obama is reelected or a puppet republican is elected, forget it, America will get downgraded again... if it even makes it financially there.

What would be ``nice`` is another downgrade before the election to make sure Obama gets beaten by Ron Paul. And with the current scum in the White House and congress, it is likely nothing will get fixed and America will be downgraded again...

The only one sane enough is Ron Paul winning the presidency... but Ron Paul alone is not enough... he would need a good congress... and that is almost impossible to get. Too many stupid people voting and too many corrupt officials running, not to mention the electronic voting....

S&P downgrades United States credit rating

The outlook on the new U.S. credit rating is “negative”, S&P said in a statement, a sign that another downgrade is possible in the next 12 to 18 months.

Of course, all kinds of factors could make S&P downgrade the US much faster...

To note too is that Fitch is currently reviewing the US rating and will give it's decision by the end of the month.

We shall see.
edit on 5-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I just noticed Sarah Palin is polling higher than Ron Paul.

She's not even running is she?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Not yet, but if she gets elected (dear lord I hope not) America should be downgraded to ZZZ... because that's what it would deserve.

Sarah Palin...

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I thought I might have a little more time....... damn...

well exercise program goes up a notch in the morning......

Vive la revolution...

the battle for control of america has now begun.... We have been sold out offically by both sides....

ask why?

why downgrade on a friday....????
edit on 5-8-2011 by ripcontrol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by kro32

Not yet, but if she gets elected (dear lord I hope not) America should be downgraded to ZZZ... because that's what it would deserve.

Sarah Palin...

Well can't really argue that one with you.

Good point

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Black Monday? Will this be the trigger that starts the global domino effect? I know a lot of investors feared this more than the debt ceiling issue, so what happens now come monday morning?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Given that this debt agreement is supposed to settle the issue (HAH!) until the next president is about to take office I doubt much will change. If anything things will get uglier because when the Congress gets back they have to start the budget process. Usually this gets finished by Thanksgiving, and everyone just finishes things up between Black Friday and recess in December. This last cycle...it took them until April to finish the budget cycle and that was a terrible fight. After the debt debacle you can bet that both sides are entrenched even further in their ideology.

Also worth mentioning is that if one of the major indexes downgrades, the others have to be scratching their heads, or demanding more payout money, which they likely won't get. I bet we'll see the others will be downgrading in the next few months as well. Looks like we're at the top of the first hill of this roller coaster...and its a long way down. Buckle up, put your tray tables in their upright and locked positions, and pray.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
So they came to an agreement that fixed absolutely nothing and America was downgraded from a AAA to a AA+; oh lord, I hope they don't roll us down to a AA or god forbid, a AA- in another 12 months.

I don't even care who's right anymore. What theories are true and which aren't: this world has gone off the deep end of bonkers and I want to opt out.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
So they came to an agreement that fixed absolutely nothing and America was downgraded from a AAA to a AA+; oh lord, I hope they don't roll us down to a AA or god forbid, a AA- in another 12 months.

I don't even care who's right anymore. What theories are true and which aren't: this world has gone off the deep end of bonkers and I want to opt out.

From AAA to AA+, it's a big step, but you are right from AA+ to AA or AA- is nothing.

Hopefully when they downgrade again next time, they'll downgrade to at least BB+... aka junk credit... or you know, they could find their conscience and downgrade the US to what it deserves... CCC- (near default) or even D (default).
edit on 6-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Hm...let me guess: Crushing Italy and Spain even more is the next Step...ya know,to get the Attention away from the US...TPTB one both sides are trying to kill each other now,and its accelerating.

I wonder who will go first? The US or Europe?

Bets please

edit on 6-8-2011 by Shenon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon
Hm...let me guess: Crushing Italy and Spain even more is the next Step...ya know,to get the Attention away from the US...TPTB one both sides are trying to kill each other now,and its acclerating (sp).

I wonder who will go first? The US or Europe?

Bets please

Italy is done. Greece is done. Spain is done... my bet would be on France being the next to be downgraded...

Especially if the new European debt plan is approved... and if France goes down, Germany goes down... and the whole EU goes down...

It's just a matter of time at this point. Europe, the US and the world is screwed. The ones who will come out the fastest of this crisis are those that have the most efficient political structure... and that is CHINA... since they have a dictatorship...

Democracy don't work well with crises.. especially when there's that much corruption and polarization... yes there's corruption in China too, big time, but at least the politicians care about their country... not like politicians in the west who all want to destroy the sovereignty of their own country to ``integrate it`` to a regional government (EU, North American Union) or a world government.

The whole world economy will collapse, and unless there's WW3 or a revolution in the west, China will come out on top of it, mark my words.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I think we're going to see further downgrades long before the next 12 to 18 months. Either from Moody's, Fitch or S&P. Very interesting times we live in, the first of some unprecedented events today being the first ever downgrade of the US credit rating by one of the three major rating agencies.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

any takers we go from an AA+ to an AA- in that time frame if ol' BO gets reelected? what, no takers?

top topics

join