It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diablo 3? It Get's Worse. Blizzard Makes A Mess Of It.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anoynymoose
Blizzard has to make money somehow and this auction system is the key.

They could do it the old fashioned way.. charge $50-$60 bucks for the game and be happy with that. Now games seem to be less about fun and more about "how can we wangle another few bucks out of them.." Kinda like back in the days of CS player made maps were pretty common. Same with RPG's like NWN. Now, its all downloadable content for $.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
What the #?!

What pisses me off about this is, its blizzard. What is their problem?! I loved Starcraft and warcraft. Blizzard was one of my top companies, but they have been struck by greed. I mean wtf! They have wow, the biggest MMO out there right now, with probally an average 4-5million subscribers, paying 15 a month, which adds up to a ton of money. Then they finally release SC2, and what do you know, we have to buy it 3 times, you would think because they own wow, they'd say, "Nah lets make starcraft 2 cheaper or something cool for our fans!" But no! we get a slap in the face with D3, what the hell. # you blizzard!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
What the #?!

What pisses me off about this is, its blizzard. What is their problem?! I loved Starcraft and warcraft. Blizzard was one of my top companies, but they have been struck by greed. I mean wtf! They have wow, the biggest MMO out there right now, with probally an average 4-5million subscribers, paying 15 a month, which adds up to a ton of money. Then they finally release SC2, and what do you know, we have to buy it 3 times, you would think because they own wow, they'd say, "Nah lets make starcraft 2 cheaper or something cool for our fans!" But no! we get a slap in the face with D3, what the hell. # you blizzard!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I feel Blizzard is doing a great job with Diablo 3.

Diablo 2 was absolutely ruined by the rampant duping of items, as well as D2JSP's black market of items. People were already paying "real cash" for items. it's unavoidable, With Blizzard now Officially sanctioning it, this shuts down the black market "profiteers" At least with Blizzards auction house, I can personally list my items, and sell them for a profit. Yes there is a "Listing Fee" for each item, but Blizzard has said that they will be providing a certain amount of "free Listings" per Month (or Week). I can totally get on board the Auction System for absolutely no financial investment. Good for me, Bad for lamers like D2JSP.

Plus the "real cash" Auction house is entirely voluntary, as there is still the normal Auction house that uses "Gold" as currency. I don't see how ANYBODY has a problem with the Auction System, it simply HAD TO HAPPEN. The Black market has ruined D2, and has a foothold on World of Warcraft. Forcing Blizzards hand, and putting the Black Market out of business.

About the Always online bit. If you have a computer Capable of running Diablo 3, I would sure hope you have better internet than dial up. I' don't see the problem here either, How are you posting here? You have internet.

About the Single player, there is no Single player, D3 is (last I checked) Battle.net only. There will be no Piracy. Maybe 2 or 3 guys will be smart enough to start their own servers, but look how that worked on World of Warcraft, only 2000 or so people were smart enough to even figure out how to log onto those. Battle.net effectively ends Piracy. (period). there's no reason to Pirate D3.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Eh... dont worry about it buddy. There were already functional World of Warcraft Private Servers with everything implemented by version 1.5.0 (Vanilly WoW, back in the days when we talked about MC
) . So I am 100% positively sure there will be a cracked version of a server you can run on your comp. in the background or CMD prompt and just make the game think your playing on their servers, although, it will be yours on your computer
. Just wait and see! I am extremely extremely upset at the P2W (Pay to Win) Marketplace they have though...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

You even have to be online to play a single player game.

Um # you Blizzard. Obvious they are trying to utilize cloud services to take as much away from the people as possible.

No replays for you!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

You even have to be online to play a single player game. Um # you Blizzard. Obvious they are trying to utilize cloud services to take as much away from the people as possible. No replays for you!

Heya MasterGemini,

Thanks for coming by. I totally agree with you. I meant to get that train of logic in to the OP but I was so pissed at the time I beefed it. yeah, I ain't playin'. You? Didn't think so.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

This is a little bit off topic but still about diablo 3, Best Buy apparently leaked the realease date for D3 as February 1 2012.

news.mmosite.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Well as a big Diablo fan I can say I am a little upset but its not the end of the world. It seems everything coming out these days needs a conection so I am not surprised. I was one of the people pissed about website's like Lewt(I think thats what it was called) selling loot and characters for $. I worked soo damn hard to get my Immortal King set and then I find out people can just buy it all for $15. WTF!!!!!!!! I played for years dammit and some goof can just buy anything he wants and stroll into BNET and own. BS!!!!!

I really saw this coming, how could anyone not? Those damn chinese loot farmers made some major money selling and obviously that stuck in Blizz's craw. I knew Blizz would make its own selling site this time.

All I can hope for is that BNET stays up and only goes down when schedualed to do so. I really think if we are forced to have a connection to play then the company should be held accountible for any unshedualed sever down time.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

False date and Best buy was called by a Blizzard rep to remove the sign. One of their reps stated on the forums that they have no release date as of yet.

As far as the always online thing, it doesn't bother me. I had resigned myself to not really fiddling with the cash auction house as it was anyway. Being connected to battlenet doesn't bother me at all. It will facilitate my communication with guildies from WoW as well as making it easier for the hubby and my brother to play easier.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I wont be getting this game, but thats only because it's pay to play.
Whats so wrong with having to have constant internet connection?
If you have Broadband and a good provider there shouldn't be any extra cost's for time spent online.

If you are charged extra for time spent online I suggest you change providers.
In this day and age I thought a constant net connection was the norm, it is for me.

Edit: Wait, just realised not everyone has online capabilities, but I thought it was a fully online game, I guess you can play SP too.
edit on 13-1-2012 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
If you have a PS3 just get dark souls
edit on 13-1-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
If you have a PS3 just get dark souls
edit on 13-1-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

Umm, no. Dark Souls does not even come close to the replay value of Diablo. Birds of a different feather they are.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thalestris
reply to post by lcbjr1979

False date and Best buy was called by a Blizzard rep to remove the sign. One of their reps stated on the forums that they have no release date as of yet.

This is Blizzards style and I for one like it. They will not release a broken game and strive for perfection. They will release when its damn well ready even if that means never like Starcraft Ghost. I know I sure wish that Bethesda would have held Skyrim back for a month or two to fix some pretty big bugs.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I rek'n its a good idea hey..

harder to hack and crack when blizzard holds your character..

.. and who in there right mind DOESNT have internet these days..

If your on dial-up.. we'll, you'd probably still be swearing at Diablo 1 lag.. let alone contemplating Diablo 3 battle net.

And frankly, its still going to be one of the greatest, highest grossing and purchased games of all time.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
i just keep my expectations of games really low so im never disapointed.
todays gaming industry sucks.
profit over quality seems very ripe these days.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Face it folks, most of the play online with friends type games are all going to require a subscription of some kind these days...

Seems like Diablo 3 is going to be another WoW.

While I enjoyed those games back in the day, I simply don't have the time to play them these days. Closest I get is something like Skyrim, but that's single-player.

MMORPG's are what you make them though. They don't have to be about camping for an item, etc. In EQ, we actually did actual roleplaying, and that was fun.

I think you're right about the chinese item farmers though....they are going to make a mint on such virtual items in D3, and it will likely prevent many casual players from even being able to try for items ingame, unless they are with a guild, etc.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This'll be cracked and pirated on release day, no reason why it wont be, all others are.

Oh, and I know someone who ran his own WOW server, it's not that difficult at all.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
so diablo 3 is awesome

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Oh hell guys complain all you want.. But since i have a broadband internet connection I couldn't give two farts less that it's online only..

I have it and I've played it and it's awesome.. From what I see here is people (most of you) complaining about a game they have never even played...

D3 is awesome.. Bliz did a good job on it and you guys need to stop complaining..

p.s. I've already used the in game currency auction house... there's a ton of nice items for sale in it... You don't have to use the RMAH if you don't want to....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join