It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News : US fighting S&P downgrade threat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Khaaaaaan!!
It is too late. The Damage is done. It is like shooting a cannon ball into the side of a galleon and then inspecting the hole to see if a mistake was made.

lmao well put.

Hmm was it right for us to make that hole there???

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I'm hearing mixed reactions, nothing will happen except for interest rates? im going with this theory

Others are saying DOOM, markets crash, government falls apart, list goes on and on

What is everyone opinion on this matter?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos
I'm hearing mixed reactions, nothing will happen except for interest rates? im going with this theory

Others are saying DOOM, markets crash, government falls apart, list goes on and on

Just one word....................................................... DOooooooooooooooooooooooooM
edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Market, and currency crash, leading to gold and silver skyrocketing, Inflation on food, etc

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos

This event is already priced in the market!!! This down grade won't affect the markets at all. now if all three credit agencies mark us AA some thing would happen, but since its just the S&P its a small event!!! carry on!!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
First off, to the idiot that said this is the Tea Party's scarlett letter --- You sir are a complete freakin imbecile! the Tea Party republicans are the only ones in this drama that have a clue about what is going on.

S&P is downgrading the US because spending is out of control. If the US were to tax 100% of all earnings over $250K it would not pay off the debt...why? Because the morons in Washington can't say no! I say cut spending in every department, including defense, by 10% right now and then cut 2% every year after until our debt is paid. It will never happen and that is why we are all screwed.

Monday will be an interesting day indeed. I think we may see a 9K DOW by the end of next week. It's optimistic, but I still think we can fix this. Just fire all the idiots in Washington and start over with people who have actually had some experience in the private sector......include a few machinists and some convenience store clerks to round it out and we should be good!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Dedicated to our Government.

edit on 6-8-2011 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamfox1

Originally posted by guessing
reply to post by Vitchilo

yep ok...

BYE BYE USA

Don't be sad it will get things finally moving again the right direction just after the coming hardships......

No, it won't. Unless there's:

1) a global war
2) the Kapitalists stop abandoning Amerika (and don't give me that bullcrap about y'all are hardworking and will pull through even without them. No, you won't. Hardwork =/= riches.)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
You said it, WAR!!! massive war,you see, thats the United States government's ultimate answer to severe economic crises and has always been. History, anyone?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I think everyone should just honestly say, "we have no idea what's going to happen." It might surprise us, look what unexpectedly happened at 2pm eastern last Thursday. My speculation is we have about 2 weeks before it gets real ugly.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

It is historically the answer.

There has been a war brewing for a while so this is only a matter of time before it eventuates

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
The downgrade was because of politics...

This is the Tea Party's Scarlet Letter.

You don't have to agree that it's the fault of the ultra conservative ideology, but you do have to realize this is a mark they will carry on their chests from this point on.
edit on 5-8-2011 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

If a scruffy grassroot movement can control the fate of the largest, most powerful country in the world, then what does THAT say about the quality of leadership that allowed it to happen.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Yezzzsir I like it A LOT! Who wants to get a pool goin? I bet we're downgraded again inside, 3 months tops. I'll give 3-1 odds....

Soros? Maybe, Islamic wrangle artists? Nope, Rothschild and Co.? Probably so.

At the battle of Waterloo a banker named Rothschild sent his fastest courier to the shores of france to await news of French defeat. His only charge was get back to England before the markets opened the next day and before the kings courier got back to England with word of the battle. Both knew any news winning or losing would effect the markets.

Rothschild courier got back first as the Kings courier was no where near the coast when the battle was over. The next day, Rothschild dumped his treasury holdings on the market which created a sell off of British bonds. He then went behind and bought up all of the bonds the next day at a fraction of worth making a killing. That same day England's King found out that they indeed won the battle.

Facing the crash after the fact, Rothschild approached the King and offered to create a central bank in which the nation could borrow against the treasury holdings thus creating the First Bank of England. Or so the story goes.

Today the Federal Reserve is just like that.......it eludes to the fact that the nations bank is owned by the Gov in the very name itself. Yet it's not.......it's owned by the central banks creator the Rothschild and the Rockefeller and the Wilsons.....you get the idea.

We are so screwed......so tonite im having unsafe promiscuous sex with a hooker from a truckstop mens room. And Im going to drink my bottle of ripple and kidnap a cargo van full of illegal mexican border jumpers and teach them how to undirty the sanchez.

Naw, better idea, Imma stay home and lounge around in my excessive yeti like back hair with a tube of astro-glide and a sham-wow watching reruns of Matlock.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BooKrackers

your kinda on the right track

so

star

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman
You said it, WAR!!! massive war,you see, thats the United States government's ultimate answer to severe economic crises and has always been. History, anyone?

I'm thinking Mexico and then maybe Guatemala and Panama until we get the Panama Canal back. Would solve our illegal problem. Of course Obama will never do it because the UN won't approve. President Palin, or Christie, or Perry might say, "Screw the UN".

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join