It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Effects of Thought on Physical Reality -Reality is an illusion. An illusion created by the Mind

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Nothing can exist without consciousness - thus, something exists, and we exist within it.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
Nothing can exist without consciousness - thus, something exists, and we exist within it.

nothing is only in relation to something. just because we have consciousness wouldn't necessarily mean that it's a universal premise or that it's how everything functions as a whole, IMO. just like how gravity is a universal constant, but it fluctuates, heavier and lighter. I think the universe as an empty space for that consciousness to grow rather.

As for those videos, I cannot accept for whatever reason that our minds are constructing the universe.
or that our thoughts are things that can guide molecules and atoms to act with certain properties.
It feels like everything is proceeding as it should but not by our hands.
our minds are reading what's out there because it is a real solid state that can be interpreted as such.
I think our minds can be the illusion.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
Millions of kids believe in santa... so if belief can will something into existence where is santa?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Santa aka ST. Nicholos he did exist. Google.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

This is not a such hard concept to grasp...I wrote to grasp...understanding is another issue.
One day maybe you will be face by this force and every thing will make sense in an instant.
The thought before matter is very well explain by the quantum activist.
The founder is a renowned scientist Amit Goswami, Ph.D.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
ok, here we go, to get a better understanding of how the physical parts of this world works (including your vessel that you call a body), one must take into account the laws of signal propagation, computer programming and quantum physics. quantum physics teaches us the foundations that make up our physical environment, including what our selves, are made of. signal propagation explains the way we perceive these foundational objects through touch, smell, taste, sight, etc.. computer programming teaches us how these things are commanded to react under any circumstance in order for us to even perceive them. when you touch something, you are touching something that has a vibrational factor, this vibrational factor is picked up by the nerves in your body and sent to the brain to be processed and thereby being perceived or noticed by you. The same thing is true about every other sense we have at our disposal. these vibrating things, as far as we can tell are atoms that are made up of much smaller things, which in turn are made of even smaller things and so on and so on to infinity. the atoms that are perceived as a chair are only perceived as a chair based on it's vibrational value , as long as your brain already has the programming it needs to be able to decipher that the vibrations are a chair. vibrations tell us the shape, color, smell, distance, width, height, feel, taste, etc.... Each one of these atoms that make up our world has to live under certain laws. they have to be able to react with other atoms in ways as that give us the environment that we perceive. This is where the programming comes in. Because your brain and every part of your physical self is made up of the same atoms that the chair and everything else is made of, it has to be programmed to react to all of the other atoms. just like a computer network system, packets are sent through the lines from one computer to another, if the receiving computer doesn't have the program to be able to react to the packets, it is a lost cause. the sending computer can send it all day and it won't be received and processed. The electricity that is used in computers and everything else, including your body, is actually made by these atoms reacting to each other. The chemicals produced by your brain to make you FEEL something as an emotion is made up of these same atoms that are reacting to other atoms. Without God's laws and instructions, these atoms would not know how to communicate with each other and it would just be a big bungle of a mess. What looks to the naked eye as chaos is actually an infinite pattern. Our bodies were created with these atoms so to be able to communicate successfully with the other atoms. they all follow the same laws and instructions. Have you ever tried to hook up a device that is supposed to go to a macintosh computer to a regular pc? it doesn't work because the pc doesn't have the instructions necessary to communicate with a macintosh device. what some people call our soul is entwined with the makeup of our bodies, without these bodies our soul couldn't survive in this atmosphere or even have a chance to participate in this program. that's why we refer to our bodies as vessels. Everything in our existence is preprogrammed so that we can learn from our experiences. we are only interacting with what is already here frame by frame. Each frame is made up of grids that have an infinite number of axis' that tell us the information we need to determine where we are at any given moment within this sphere of reality. Get what you will out of that winded explaination

edit on 8-8-2011 by patternfinder because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2011 by patternfinder because: misspelling

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by patternfinder

sweeeeeeeeeet..

Gr8 explanation! wOW I'm VERY impressed. That was some deep stuff and I feel you are right on target there!
S!

You sure have a way with words, and your reply is much appreciated. Gr8 job! Loved it!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
You are reality.

Prove me wrong.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Nothing is complete absense - empty space, even complete darkness is something, nothing can never be perceived, although it can exist as a concept, pure nothing has never existed because existence is always something.

If I am not aware, then nothing exists, because I disappear.
edit on 9-8-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
You are thinking right now... is what you think reality?

Probably. Reality is what you are.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The whole problem I have with the "we create our own reality" is seeing ill children. Does a 2 year old with terminal cancer really want to manifest this illness with thought? My 3 year old had the swine flu for 2 week last year and it was the hardest 2 weeks of my life to see him so sick. Does a 3 year old really want to create this "illusion" of being sick?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
the problem with creating reality with our thoughts is this......there would be too many people creating as they go and nothing would match up......there has to be congruence within creation and the instructions that are present...so many heads creating what they want at any time would be absolute chaos.....I don't know about you, but I don't know where my thoughts come from before i actually detect them as a signal and convey them into communication.....it's not us doing it guys....we are but players in the game.......

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou

sweeeeeeeeeet..

Gr8 explanation! wOW I'm VERY impressed. That was some deep stuff and I feel you are right on target there!
S!

You sure have a way with words, and your reply is much appreciated. Gr8 job! Loved it!

thank you, it took all of about 22 minutes to write it...I've got a mild case of autism that won't let me rest in my thoughts, so sometimes it's relaxing to write the processes down....right now I'm working on whether or not our souls are individual or a part of a great oneness...this is more difficult than I imagined, but it's opening up quite a few other pandora's boxes too ha ha..........

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
We long to find within ourselves the things that are holy and divine. We strive to find God within us. Some say we are God because of the fact that all roads to enlightenment lead back to ourselves. In my humble opinion, this is not a proof of us being God, it just proves that we are truly contained in an atmosphere that is capable of all types of miracles but is not capable of releasing us into the unknown where we are not capable of existing.

As the electrical beings that we are experiencing ourselves as right now, we cannot experience anything that is not of an electrical nature itself. our IDEA of spirituality is an emotion that is percieved due to atomic movements within our brain. Whether we percieve them as chemical, or any other type of interactions, their foundations are still electrical. Electricity is the GLUE that God made to keep this experience alive for us, and as creations of God we long to go back to that which created us. This is seen in everything we call nature, it's called BALANCE. Everything is looking for it's equalibrium point. if you have two glasses connected together with a pipe and try to fill either one with water, the other will fill up at the same rate, they will try to stay equal. Everything tries to balance out in some way through the path of least resistance, which in this case is the pipe, this I promise you. This is the nature of electricity, and as electrical beings it is our nature.

for those of you who do not understand as of yet how electricity works, I will give a brief and simple discription so you won't feel left out. I will start with an atom, the main ingredient for electricity. Picture a ball with a cloud around it. This cloud is made up of what we call electrons just floating around that are negatively charged and inside the ball itself is filled with what we call protons that are positively charged. Please keep in mind that opposites attract, and sames repel each other. for this idea we look at two magnets one side is north the other south, try to put the two norths together and you will experience a 'pushing away' feeling, turn one magnet around and they will instantly try to pull together. That's what is going on with the electrons, they are pushing away from each other because they have the same polarity which is negative, or you could call them the south poles of the magnet. So the negative electrons are floating around repelling each other, yet they are all attracted to the positively charged protons that are in the ball, you can call these the north poles of the magnet (the protons are pushing against each other inside the ball also) so the electrons kind of stay as close to the ball as possible, being pushed and pulled at the same time (pushed by each other, yet pulled by the protons). you could imagine that it looks like chaos with all of those electrons constantly in motion due to this push pull effect. Now, the further away the electrons are from the ball filled with protons, the less they feel of the pull, it's just not as strong of a pull as it is right up close to the ball. But, they are still feeling the repelling effect from their neighboring electrons just as strongly so the distance between these electrons is greater than of those that are closer to the ball because they can push each other away easier.

this lesser effect of the "pull" factor is very important in electricity because not all the atoms that make up everything in our reality seem to possess the same amounts of electrons. therefore, when atoms with non equal amounts of electrons are introduced to each other, the one with the least electrons will pull the electrons from the other until they balance out in number of electrons. this is what happens when you get a dead battery in your car, the electrons from one side of the battery has equaled in number of electrons to the other side of the battery. Electricity is actually the act of these electrons moving from one atom to the other. in the case of the battery, the atoms are so packed in there that when one electron gets pulled towards the atom that needs it, it leaves a hole and that hole is quickly filled by an electron from the atom before it. This goes on all the way down the line like a production line, like the atoms are handing the electrons down the line to each other until they all have the same amount of electrons. Once they do, there is no more electricity happening, the car will not crank.

We all have the qualities of the atoms that are responsible for our makeup. It's the laws of balance and attraction. When we lose our balance, we struggle to adjust it. This is what we are doing when we are trying to be closer to God, He is the Proton and we are the little electrons that are being pulled to him trying to receive balance. Each electron has it's own level of negativity, some more negative or positive than another electron, none are on the same level. That is how we interact, we are trying to retrieve the negativeness or positiveness from each other which we don't have ourselves. Some of you may have wondered, how is it that the electrons don't just attach themselves to the protons and just become a huge pile? The answer is simple. There is a membrane between the protons and the electrons. it's the skin of the ball. We call it a nucleus. This is also what I am referring to as the "protect circuit" that keeps us from being able to penetrate and reach the Proton (God). He has set up a membrane between him and us that can't be penetrated. We can feel the pull of God and the push of each other while we are here but we cannot penetrate the membrane.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This is something I wrote quite a few years ago......

I stood on the edge of a cliff and peered out into an infinite vastness,

The vastness was so immense that it humbled me.

It was humbling but not belittling.

Fear was my first reaction until I embraced it.

Then and only then, did I begin to understand it and except it as truth.

There my journey began....

The winds of a new beginning swept all around me as I looked to my left,

Then to my right and saw others along side me.

This is where I belong.

A feeling of calmness rushed over me, Resonance, symbiosis.

Our beliefs complimented each other. Similitude, enlightenment.

I looked back on the path I had traveled and saw that it was straight and narrow,

with no curves despite the image that I envisioned.

Along the shoulder of my path i saw familiar and unfamiliar faces stationed at the critical

points in my life, and some of them were stationed at more than one critical point.

I turned back towards the vastness and realized that I was face to face with my future.

I realized that the cliff wasn't actually a cliff after all, it was just where my path broadened

and opened up into a higher level of understanding.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

Love the way you think , Resistor.
Made me smile reading that... and I totally get it

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

All I can say is WOW for right now... Still reading your reply---will try to comment tomorrow when more time.
Thanks to everyone for their comments/replies.

I'm still learning about this too, and have my own questions at times..to the one who mentioned ill children... maybe someone else can explain this for us.
edit on 9-8-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I think we have a 'part' in what direction this illusion animates...but only in the areas where our decisions and actions can affect the nature of this experience.

Nature has its own course of 'being' and our thoughts dont affect that totally. We can choose to take care of nature the best we can...but our thoughts dont cause a volcano to burst or the plates to slip or the sun to have a flare...ect ect...

We are a part of this nature...so we can affect things to a certain point by how we choose to react and respond to being a 'part' of it all.

Most of the time, we are not creating but reacting and responding.

I can not choose how my day will go today...for several reasons. I cant make other peoples choices that can affect my experience today...and nature can also have affects on my day today. I cant control if it will rain or not...but I can respond to it and react to it.

We seem to be a part of a one work that works as a whole....we are not the creators but a part of the creation.

Since we are consciously a part of what we can reality...we can choose what part we play in this experience.

Everything we do has a energy to it and that energy can influence and affect other people as well as nature itself...but still I dont think we are creating everything we see around us with our thoughts...we are a part of it, but we as conscious beings are not the whole of it...we dont control nature.

Before we were...there was still 'being/life' going on without us to perceive it and react to it.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Since we are consciously a part of what we can reality...we can choose what part we play in this experience.

it's more like you are given the idea that it is your choice....that way you can take ownership of the things you learn......things work too smoothly to be anything else.....your choices are based on the rules that were given to your being as a whole and within each individual atom that is contained in your earthly make up regarding what you would do given a certain situation....

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by patternfinder

it's more like you are given the idea that it is your choice....that way you can take ownership of the things you learn......things work too smoothly to be anything else.....your choices are based on the rules that were given to your being as a whole and within each individual atom that is contained in your earthly make up regarding what you would do given a certain situation....

could you clarify what you are trying to say...what rules are you speaking of....do we all have different rules? alot of our reactions are based on emotional response to things.

Im just trying to understand what you are saying and how it differs from what I said

my best to ya
lv

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Hey guys...
Thanks for the replies. .. My brain is a bit on vacation right now, and I can't think of anything to say at present but I have most certainly enjoyed reading your comments. Maybe one day this will all register
.. No sleep for the past few days..and I have a major headache right now.. So I hope a thanks will do.

Appreciate everyone's input / opinions! This subject fascinates me so much.... I am still learning here, Too, I hope to learn more from you guys !

Thanks once again!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join