It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party is already getting the blame in the gas tax debacle which hasn't even started yet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
money.cnn.com...

This is incredible. Nothing is official. There have been rumors of opting out of the gas tax which pays for road repair... and the tea party is already getting blamed for bad, torn up roads! (According to the first paragraph in this story)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Its a distraction tactic as well as an excuse to treat us as radicals. Create new laws to stop the evil cultists from obstructing the spreading of democracy. They're spreading it alright.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

What a big CROCK of Road apples!!!

The USA just got down graded to AA+ bond rating and the will want to blame THAT on the Tea Party too no doubt.

OBAMA the Artful dodger or the greased pig????

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It's supposed to pay for road repairs but most of the states D.O.T's the money seems to disappear

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
get rid of the gas tax and replace the money with funds from "defense", they have more then enough.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Seems the tea baggers won't be happy till they completly destroy America. Why the charade just break the country up and sell it to the big corporations, the tea baggers wont rest till that happens anyway.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

Dear Athin,

There has been talk of opting out of the gas tax for a bit now. The alternative that is planned is a usage tax, you would be taxed on the number of miles you drive. You see as we turn to hybrids and alternate fuel vehicles, the revenue stream for fixing the roads and highways decreases. This is all just a way to get people to accept usage taxes.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
How anyone can think this is a tea party issue is beyond me. The current administrations push for alternative fuels would kill it regardless. You need people to buy gas to tax it don't you? So lets get real now

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

The tea party seems to be at the moment the only logical 'party'. How you think they're trying to DESTROY America is beyond me. Seems that the media has fed you garbage and you ate it up. If trying to get the government to stop spending money we DONT HAVE is trying to destroy America you need a reality check. Pull the wool from your eyes please.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Athin

Are you kidding me, the tea party is nothing more than an astro turf group for the big corporations. You think they have your best interests at heart? Then i'd say your the one who's been eating the garbage and you should get used to it after the tea party is done marching to the tune of there corporate masters garbage is all that will be left.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

Not that i truly care about what you think, I was there at the beginning of the "TEA" party years ago getting it started. When the media first started calling us ASTROTURF movement and TEABAGGERS. Both i have heard from you. But your not drinking the coolaid right?

Also when my daughter and I went to the rallies that we helped organize, neither one of us were out there to bring down the gov.
That being said- they have been bought out and adulterated by those with corp interests, but go ahead and keep poking and pushing the regular guys that are just trying to make things better. Eventually we will all be in the same boat as no one on this site is part of the PTB.
edit on 6-8-2011 by eazyriderl_l because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by eazyriderl_l

I wont deny when the tea party first started they were a force for good and an honest to goodness grass roots movment. But now that you have people like Dick Armey calling the shots i believe they have lost all legitimacy and are nothing more now than a group of people being co-opted by the business elite.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
i guess demacrats forgot got whose running them big unions.. Will obama ever understand you cant through money at something and hope it goes away nor can you spend money you dont have

top topics

join