It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. loses AAA credit rating from S&P

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I've already eaten my dog, looted my neighbors, burned my car, spiked my hair (Mad Max), traded my spleen for silver, loaded my guns, mined my driveway, burned my books, forgotten what tv was, and started growing penicillin in my trash can (darned rotten oranges).

What this means is that the government HAS to be responsible now.

Jobs will still be there on monday. Or lack thereof. Stores will still open, life wll be the same. The only people that will be truely screwed are those that reside in D.C..
And they deserve it.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Monday Dow -50 to -250. Rest of the week will be flat to up (50 to 100 point gains per day, avg)

You heard it here

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
or we could simply keep having some effing tea and watch the country burn.

Let me pour you a cuppa'.
We can watch Rome burn together.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by x5deadlyvenoms
This downgrading should have happened a long time ago and everyone knows it.
A very possible reality is that those at Moody and S&P have been threatened/blackmailed/pressured to NOT downgrade the rating for so long. Why else would they manufacture such a blatantly false rating for so long? What made them finally decide to do it? Were the numbers just too ridiculous to pass off as AAA, or did they find some kind of leverage with the Fed and go through with it?

Then the real question is... will Moody's follow them and downgrade? I suspect they will. One will follow after the other; after they see they can tell the truth and survive. It's only a matter of time until the real face of the debt situation is clear to ALL peoples, willfully ignorant or not.

More like they were pressured TO downgrade it. There's a currency war dontcha know !

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by nuttin4U
I'm not sure why Obama gets the heat for all this? If i recall CORRECTLY...this all began in 2008 with G. Dubya. So, tell me....how is it that Georgie boy gets away with the destruction of America, and Obama gets all the blame? Uh, excuse me....but Bush's policies are still in play....and as far as i'm concerned....BUSH is the problem for all this mess. 9-11 was the start! Which reminds me....next month is September...and CRAZY things happen in the month of September.

Because, doh, it happened on his shift. The guy in charge at the time gets the blame. But of course, most people say well, it was his fault or it was his fault. It's not even the guy in charge's fault, it's human greed causing this calamity. I'm back on page 6, let me finish reading.....

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
i tell you all what burns me

is obama knew this before he took off for the birthday bash

and so did congress and there 5 weeks of vacations

you want to talk to scum of humanity

you can get any worse than them

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
i tell you all what burns me

is obama knew this before he took off for the birthday bash

and so did congress and there 5 weeks of vacations

you want to talk to scum of humanity

you can get any worse than them

If you ever needed an example of the quality of leadership in this country. . . there you have it!

STAFFER: Mr President! The country is in trouble!
OBAMA: Not now! It's my turn to hit the Tea Party Pinata!
edit on 6-8-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
If you look at the root of the crisis and were it started, it goes back to when George Bush was elected.
In 2002, it was well known that he was a failure in Business.
So I have to ask; Who voted in him?. Answer; The American People. Why? Answer; Ignorance. Who is to blame for this crisis? Answer; The people who voted him in.

Next question; What are you going to do about it?
edit on 6/8/11 by 140BPM because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

im so mad right now i wish someone would steal all 535 congressman and obamas social security numbers and make them become victims of identify theft then finally we would have something in comnon

being victims bad credit? no credit? good luck!

that comment might get me into troulbe but i think its worth it.
edit on 6-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

im so mad right now i wish someone would steal all 535 congressman and obamas social security numbers and make them become victims of identify theft then finally we would have something in comnon

It's not worth stealing a congressmans identity. Why lower YOUR credit rating and be put on a no-fly list?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

ats readers and anyone critical of obama

is already on the no fly lists.

but the flip side is

obamas bs doesnt fly no more

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by 140BPM
If you look at the root of the crisis and were it started, it goes back to when George Bush was elected.
So I have to ask; Who voted in him?. Answer; The American People. Why? Answer; Ignorance. Who is to blame for this crisis? Answer; The people who voted him in.

If Bush were still president, you post would be valid. Since he's not, and Obama is, then it is his fault.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Well said. However, I would not call it Identity Theft. I would call it, Tax Refund. Taking back what is ours is something that I would say is perfectly ok.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Not even the lowest of identity thieves want to impersonate a congressperson. That's bottom of the barrel. Politicians are some of the worst stains on the planet's dirtiest laundry.
edit on 8/6/2011 by ForeverDusk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Who´s going to finance Uncle Sam´s deficits in the next years?

This is about gigantic sums, at least 3-4 trillion dollars until 2014.

It won´t be the FED, it is already leveraged about 60-1 against its own capital and has the money supply at almost 20% to GDP, an historic high. So, it desperately needs to SELL part of its portfolio and thus call in part of the money supply or risk escalating inflation and interest rates which would fairly quickly render it insolvent. This heavily leveraged, a 200 bp rise in rates would result in fall of the price of its portfolio enough to wipe out its capital.

Foreign investors are up to their ears in US debt and are unlikely to add more of it, especially given the falling dollar and this downgrade and more to follow.

This really only leaves banks and other financial institutions. By 2014, after absorbing trillions of Govt. paper steadily falling in price, they´ll officially go belly up.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by 140BPM

If Bush were still president, you post would be valid. Since he's not, and Obama is, then it is his fault.

The damage was already done by Bush. Obama has just jumped on the Bandwagon whilst thinking, "Yeah baby. I'll have me some of that". Again, the people voted him in, therefore it is the peoples fault.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

America was sold out long long long ago.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

obamas bs doesnt fly no more

Obama BS may not fly anymore, but it still gets groped by TSA.

I'm just enjoying the spin on this.
Bushs' fault.
Tea Partys' fault.
Even heard Nirubu mentioned.

Only 48 seconds long.
Obamas' resonsibility.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

And they made it 100% clear as to why ... they named names ... whose fault is it? GOP and the TeaBags.

TeaBaggery and conservatism is killing America. But the polls are clear. The special elections are clear. 2012 will be the eradication of conservatism. This time ... the 29 million Obama supporters that sat out 2012 will most assuredly not sit this time.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 140BPM

Bush started digging the hole. But Obama is responsible for the depth.

But I do agree, the people who voted for him should bear the burden as well.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join