It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. loses AAA credit rating from S&P

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by neo96

Funny you mention 1935. Isn't that about the time America invited Nazi Scientists over to help us build our rockets and do genetics and practice medicine and stuff in our country? Yep, I say that's about the time the day we cursed ourselves.

Project Paperclip
Plenty on ATS about that.

. . . . now back to the thread about morons in D.C.. . .. . . .

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

I blame Bush and all the greedy racist people in this nation. Just could NOT let Obama save the economy. They deserve everything that get now. Who has the credit cards and the house mortgages ?

This is the sort of attitude that is not needed.

Really.

Racism has nothing to do with this issue. If you cannot think beyond the color of skin or the shape of eyes, then kindly refrain from interjecting your unfounded and ridiculous opinions.

We're all in trouble now.

In more ways than you really seem to be aware of.

The "increase spending" has been the universal way to pass legislation. It is the parties paying pork to each other, basically. When you run into an issue you can't get the other party to bend on - offer to pass a pet-project of theirs that makes it simply too tempting to pass up. At the tax payers' expense, of course.

We are finally reaching a point where the house of cards cannot go much higher until it collapses under its own false integrity.

At that point - we will really have to deal with each other. Which is more than likely going to lead to some violent confrontations.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

no 1935 as in the new deal fanny mae freddy mac and the manipulaiton of the subprime aka mortgage crisis all backed by the us government and controlled by senators frank and dodd and the creation of the largest welfare program in this nations history.

pay attention were talking about money here and the severe lack of it

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by guessing

And I would.

I would explain that they are now homeless/starving due to a rating that is utter bull# and out of their control anyways. Maybe they would be angry about that. Hopefully, and hopefully not at me.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Oh but wait the good news is the Jobs report came out and we are now at 9.1% unemployment. LOL #tards. Unemployment is much higher than that.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
jut recall all troops home and you will save billions instantly - problem mostly solved

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by bftroop
Oh but wait the good news is the Jobs report came out and we are now at 9.1% unemployment. LOL #tards. Unemployment is much higher than that.

Yep... heard a few mention the 18% mark as a more reasonable reality.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Okay fine. I'll stop being silly. You are right. This is serious and you know what ? The same people who were in office or connected to those in office back then seem to be the same people in there now. It's a mindset of how government runs that's causing them to make these foolish decisions that have now ruined our credit rating. I say it's time for a new generation of politicians to govern. I say they all get tossed and we bring in Gen X and Millennial Vets from the Irag/Afghanistan wars and have them run for office. Both Dems and reps are responsible. But mostly reps.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I have a feeling the Survival forum is going to get a lot more action in the coming weeks. Seems were making 2012 happen unconsciously. Its sad. I hate self fulfilling prophecies, its sad... I just hope something happens to put us back on the right path to a greater world...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
All the words, All the doom and gloom talk seems so beside the point. I dont believe anyone who responded to this thread has even a fib of what they are saying. Over the next 3 years we will all, no matter what country you are in will see and experience things that noone in the history of the modern world ever thought possible.

The world is over popullated, over-developed, out of resources, and over-teched out. We have went to the top with our technology, and it's destroying us. The folks who are in the know, have always knowed about the problems I speak of here. But since it wasn't politically correct, and they had a family to feed they kept their mouths shut.

Trust me folks, "You Aint Seen Nothing Yet" It'll be every man for his family soon. The expression Dog Eat Dog mean anything to ya? Well it will soon. Your going to need more than canned foods, and bottled water. You'll need more than guns with bullets, We'll all need he perfect place to lay our familys head to sleep and make sure they dont wake up.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
People actually believe the credit ratings mean anything? That's surprising to me. Countries will still do business behind the scenes regardless.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DrakeDarc

I don't even want to deposit my checks now. I just want to cash them and hold on to my money. I don't even know if my cash is going to be any good soon. How will we know ? What if we go to get goods and we're told

"Credit or bank Cards Only"

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Well the political reaction is in progress.

THe GOvt is claiming the S&P figures are wrong to the tune of 2 trillion. Any everyone is remembering S&Ps AAA status for the derivitative 3 years ago.The Chinese Government are angry and are calling for the World to manage the US economy...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrawleR
People actually believe the credit ratings mean anything? That's surprising to me. Countries will still do business behind the scenes regardless.

Exactly, the US military spending will remain unscaved if not increase tbh...

13 Trillion in debt or 99999999 Trillion in debt?

What's the difference...?

Spending isn't going to change or cease.
edit on 6-8-2011 by aRogue because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

Can you clarify that last sentence because that kind of freaks me out. Make sure they don't wake up ?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
I dont believe anyone who responded to this thread has even a fib of what they are saying. .

Well I am skeptical of your claim.

You know it all, so show some proof. You can't come here and say that stuff and expect to walk out of here alive did you?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Of course we could just demand our government get working again and compromise..lower spending and kill the bush tax cuts.

or we could simply keep having some effing tea and watch the country burn.

Now I guess is the time where we notice the firemen using squirt guns on the inferno and blame the squirt guns for the fire.
I have no issues with the government...they represent the people of this "great" nation perfectly...we get what we deserve.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by DrakeDarc

I don't even want to deposit my checks now. I just want to cash them and hold on to my money. I don't even know if my cash is going to be any good soon. How will we know ? What if we go to get goods and we're told

"Credit or bank Cards Only"

Deposit away...some banks will be doing fantastic with charging more interest to the states...nice corporatist move.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by guessing

i stop reading and listening after the comment that noone is the thread knows what they are talking about.

alot do know what they are talking about,

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
This downgrading should have happened a long time ago and everyone knows it.
A very possible reality is that those at Moody and S&P have been threatened/blackmailed/pressured to NOT downgrade the rating for so long. Why else would they manufacture such a blatantly false rating for so long? What made them finally decide to do it? Were the numbers just too ridiculous to pass off as AAA, or did they find some kind of leverage with the Fed and go through with it?

Then the real question is... will Moody's follow them and downgrade? I suspect they will. One will follow after the other; after they see they can tell the truth and survive. It's only a matter of time until the real face of the debt situation is clear to ALL peoples, willfully ignorant or not.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join